How do know which port for Azamazing evening?

AllisonJames

If this is on the website I am totally missing it. Booked for the Irish Seas/British Open Golf Cruise July 11, 2016. We will be onboard for our 30th anniversary and hoping special anniversary plans will not conflict with Azamazing event. Thanks for your help!

Hi, My wife and I are on that cruise. It will be our first on Azamara.

I believe the special event is on the night when we are in Liverpool. It's at a cathedral with a pipe organ concert, followed by a Beatles tribute band.

Doug

If this is on the website I am totally missing it. Booked for the Irish Seas/British Open Golf Cruise July 11, 2016. We will be onboard for our 30th anniversary and hoping special anniversary plans will not conflict with Azamazing event. Thanks for your help!
In 2015 it's a Beatles tribute in Liverpool. To find out just look at shore excursions for your cruise. Azamazing Evenings are listed there with all other excursions.

It was by far the most enjoyable evening I've attended. The cathedral is spectacular and if you close your eyes you will think that "The Fab Four" are actually on stage. I turned around during the performance and all I could see were all of the staff dancing!

It was by far the most enjoyable evening I've attended. The cathedral is spectacular and if you close your eyes you will think that "The Fab Four" are actually on stage. I turned around during the performance and all I could see were all of the staff dancing!
Thanks for posting. I may not be a Beatles fan but I'm looking forward to this, as I've been to every Azamazing Evening. While some are better than others, they're always interesting experiences.

Thanks for the info. unfortunately we will probably skip it. My husband hates the Beatles! DWhit hope to meet you on board!

I know you didn't ask whether you should attend or not, but PLEASE don't skip the evening. It is one of the things that makes the Azamara experience so special. We attended a samba event in Rio on ours and, while I don't care for samba particularly, it was so unique and was a great part of our cruise.

Michael

I noticed in the excursion brochure there was some fine print regarding this evening. It said reservations were required and recommended reserving online before the voyage to ensure space available.

It also stated that confirmed guests who do not cancel by 10pm the day prior, and who do not show, are assessed a $100 per person cancellation fee.

I imagine we will reserve ahead online as suggested, but I was wondering if most people do it this way or just reserve once onboard.

I noticed in the excursion brochure there was some fine print regarding this evening. It said reservations were required and recommended reserving online before the voyage to ensure space available.

It also stated that confirmed guests who do not cancel by 10pm the day prior, and who do not show, are assessed a $100 per person cancellation fee.

I imagine we will reserve ahead online as suggested, but I was wondering if most people do it this way or just reserve once onboard.

Not sure of the %age, but I always book it via the website before I leave once I've looked up what the theme of the evening is on the shorex pages. If you have a genuine reason for being unable to attend on the day and don't meet the time deadline they won't charge a cancellation fee.

I've enjoyed all of the evenings, but some are more successful than others. I love the sound of the Beatles evening. How can anyone hate the Beatles?

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

i book on board most times and never a problem.

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like we shouldn't miss it! I actually like the Beatles -- husband's a Grateful Dead fan, and somehow we have managed to stay married for 29 years :)

Our first time on Azamara (have sailed Seabourn and Silversea as a couple and RCL, NCL, Princess and Celebrity with our kids) so we appreciate the advice! Loved SB and SS, were disappointed with Celebrity -- just didn't think it was that much better than Princess for the money. Chose Azamara for this specific cruise and will hands down be the most we've ever spent on a vacation (the golf add-on alone costs as much as we are paying for our family of four adults for our Thanksgiving cruise on Princess) so hope it lives up to our expectations!

• 3 weeks later...
I am not sure about watching a Beatles tribute band in a cathedral. Is this something the church stands behind?

That's an odd question. Azamara aren't going to organise an evening there if they didn't. The Beatles are very much part of Liverpool. They've played John Lennon's "Imagine" on the Cathedral bells before.

Phil

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like we shouldn't miss it! I actually like the Beatles -- husband's a Grateful Dead fan, and somehow we have managed to stay married for 29 years :)

Our first time on Azamara (have sailed Seabourn and Silversea as a couple and RCL, NCL, Princess and Celebrity with our kids) so we appreciate the advice! Loved SB and SS, were disappointed with Celebrity -- just didn't think it was that much better than Princess for the money. Chose Azamara for this specific cruise and will hands down be the most we've ever spent on a vacation (the golf add-on alone costs as much as we are paying for our family of four adults for our Thanksgiving cruise on Princess) so hope it lives up to our expectations!

Maybe your DH will get lucky sometime and Azamara will organize an Azamazing evening around a Grateful Dead theme? Or maybe Metallica?

Hi Allison and others, back to your original question asking how to find the Azamazing Evening for your voyage...on the itinerary page of our brochures you'll see a star next to the date. That depicts the Azamazing Evening. Below the itinerary, in the form of a footnote, you'll see the description of your Azamazing Evening.

It'll also be listed on the Land Discovery information for your voyage.

• 2 weeks later...

I just went to the website and saw the list of Azamazing Evenings; interestingly, the cruise I am booked on (European Capitals in August 2016) is the only one that doesn't have the A. E. listed. On our itinerary, it says that it will be when we are docked in Antwerp, but it isn't on that list at all. I know it's a year away, and am not stressing over it, but thought it was curious.