No more Nickelodeon

mjsshipboy

NCL will be ending their agreement with Nickelodeon within the next year. I've no info on dates etc. but I know the contract has not been renewed. I don't know if this is by the choice of Norwegian or Nickelodeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah nice one!!!now they are going to piss off familieswith young children as well.please ncl about this change NOTIFY in advance SHOULD be appropriate..

if children learn about this when they board expecting to see dora and diego and not seeing anything ncl you will have a BIG problem..so please at this time INFORM US IN ADVANCE MONTHS BEFORE THE CRUISE

Funny - I can't avoid spinning my nasty "humors" on this one - on the Breakaway 2 weeks ago, they're piloting this a la Carnival's singing waiters & dining room/gallery crew for NCL'ers reactions unannounced for 2 consective nights (at least,) maybe it can be adopted for pure entertainment for different ages. It is covered by the current DSC or base fares, as interpreted, and, always subject to changes without notice, and if successful in launching fleetwide - taking valued-added services to a different matrix.

IMG20150327_1958.jpg

Renamed the "Crew's talent shows" to something better & bingo - a winner, the new Norwegian way. It's not all that difficult to retrain the crew for similar duties as it will the fares low. :eek: Everything isn't guaranteed in the contract, as written & somewhere buried in the fineprints in font size #1

Disclaimer - this is pure speculative rumor for CC'er already up & about this early Easter/Passover Sunday morning.

Edited by mking8288

I do hope that NCL creates a partnership with someone to bring in families. As great as Nickelodeon is, Dora and Diego are geared toward the younger crowd, so unlike Disney, there's no appeal for kids over age 5. For instance, unless they planned on bringing Victorious onto cruise ships, there wasn't anything from the Nic contract to appeal to my dd (aged 7).

NCL can have great kids programs without Nic. I hope they continue to invest in their staff and develop fun activities for kids.

yeah nice one!!!now they are going to piss off familieswith young children as well.please ncl about this change NOTIFY in advance SHOULD be appropriate..

if children learn about this when they board expecting to see dora and diego and not seeing anything ncl you will have a BIG problem..so please at this time INFORM US IN ADVANCE MONTHS BEFORE THE CRUISE

Ummmm....have you seen the Dora and Diego? They're scary to the average 3 yo, and don't look like what they see on screen. Heck, they're scary to me. I wouldn't say there "pissing off" parents. As long as they have strong kids programs that entertain them without sticking them in front of a screen (what DCL does too much of IMO) I'm freaking thrilled. I want an hour or two of peace and quiet and romantic dinners, which is why we cruise. Even the kids clubs at WDW don't do as good of a job as kids clubs on board cruise ships do (as they don't open until later on the day, so I don't get lazy pool/ spa time).

Funny - I can't avoid spinning my nasty "humors" on this one - on the Breakaway 2 weeks ago, they're piloting this a la Carnival's singing waiters & dining room/gallery crew for NCL'ers reactions unannounced for 2 consective nights (at least,) maybe it can be adopted for pure entertainment for different ages. It is covered by the current DSC or base fares, as interpreted, and, always subject to changes without notice, and if successful in launching fleetwide - taking valued-added services to a different matrix.

IMG20150327_1958.jpg

Renamed the "Crew's talent shows" to something better & bingo - a winner, the new Norwegian way. It's not all that difficult to retrain the crew for similar duties as it will the fares low. :eek: Everything isn't guaranteed in the contract, as written & somewhere buried in the fineprints in font size #1

Disclaimer - this is pure speculative rumor for CC'er already up & about this early Easter/Passover Sunday morning.

Dancing chefs and waiters? NOOOOOOOO!:eek:

Chefs cook; waiters wait tables; dancers dance - and never the twain should meet!

Waving napkins around to ensure an even spread of food waste and germs - what a smart idea (NOT!)

Oh wait - you avoid this crap by being driven to the speciality restaurants with associated upcharges...:rolleyes:

It's the cool thing around here to be pissed off at the world, but are there really people falling to their knees screaming, "WHY, OH WHY??!!" to this? WGAF.

Amen

Was almost sympathetic until I got attacked for quoting the text of the new room service menu.

The horror.

IS this true? Thank god. I hAte the nick characters but want to take grandson on a cruise. Can't wait to see what happens.

That was my first thought too. We're sailing today with an almost 4-year old but will skip/avoid anything character-related.

He watches a ton a tv but just doesn't care for Nick.

Would they have to remodel the kids play areas with the Nick characters built in?

Also Escape's mini-golf area renditions show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as its theme. The latest movie was a Nick production, but it's easy to change any drawn plans to what their next partnership might be.

I do hope that NCL creates a partnership with someone to bring in families. As great as Nickelodeon is, Dora and Diego are geared toward the younger crowd, so unlike Disney, there's no appeal for kids over age 5. For instance, unless they planned on bringing Victorious onto cruise ships, there wasn't anything from the Nic contract to appeal to my dd (aged 7).

NCL can have great kids programs without Nic. I hope they continue to invest in their staff and develop fun activities for kids.

For the older kids, they have Prime Time Slime. We were fortunate enough to be picked to participate on 3 different occasions when we were on the Jewel. My kids (10 at the time) had a blast.

My kids are young, and we've done the Pyjama Jam (twice) and the Meet & Greets (maybe once). I honestly didn't see what NCL was getting out of the arrangement, and I can't say we will miss it all that much. It certainly didn't make or break my kids' experience onboard.

Every little change since the change in leadership seems to be greeted with suspicion and hostility... whether or not the change is even meaningful.

NCL's Kids Clubs are excellent. That really is the main thing of importance.

You were corrected, not attacked, for spreading inaccurate information.

Not trying to get too far off topic, but I've also read the thread she's referring to, and she quoted word for word what was printed on the new menu, which was very clear, so therefore was not spreading inaccurate information. Perhaps NCL made yet another contradiction between their wording and their actions. It wouldn't be the first time. [emoji6]

Now, back to the topic at hand. Contracts end. The kids program is pretty good even without all the characters and I agree, they can be pretty creepy to small children. I am curious to see if they partner with another brand, but it's not the end of the world. Although my BFs 6yoDS did enjoy some Spongebob activities on the Gem last summer, I don't think it will be terribly missed by him.

Warner Bros is partnered with Six Flags. They do a poor job of using them though - at least at the one by us, Six Flags has gone away from family-oriented activities (lots of kids rides closed, not themed well, pricing for families gone). I don't know who owns the property though, and what the terms/length of the contract with six is. As an aside, we've moved from Six Flags to Sesame Place, even though it's a bit further, as Sesame has extended their age group up with new rides while Six Flags has reduced activities for our current age group.

Edited by abbyar

Amen

Was almost sympathetic until I got attacked for quoting the text of the new room service menu.

The horror.

You mean the tini tiny text that one needs a magnifying glass to even see it properly? They should had printed that menu on 2-3 pages but I guess they were saving costs for the bottom line......And they (other posters) actually attack you for stating the truth?