Port of Miami to FTL Airport

HeatherLynne

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Port of Miami to Ft Lauderdale airport after the cruise? Do I need to arrange for a private car pick-up in advance or are there lots of taxis hanging around? We'll need transport for 4 people plus luggage. If private car is needed, any recommendations for who to call?

Thanks!

Lots of options and all are reliable. Best value is base on how many people you have. One person the best option s Jiffy Jeff or SAS. 2 or more people, I suggest Uber. With 2 people, Uber is about the same or just a couple bucks more than than Jiffy Jeff or SAS( $15 pp), but you don't have to wait to fill a van.

No, not Uber. Uber is not allowed at the Port of Miami and they are very strict and will chase the Uber driver away leaving you standing on the curb. Trust me. You don't want Uber.

But it is very, very easy to catch a taxi. There will be a long line of taxi's waiting.

I wouldn't bother with a shuttle. You'd have to find that shuttle, they you'd have to wait for all the other people who booked that shuttle to find that shuttle. It could take a long time.

With a taxi, you walk out the door from customs and immigration and you fall into a taxi. It couldn't be easier.

The ride takes about 20 minutes.

Edited by Vyhanek

I always use SAS transportation. Never had to wait long. I make reservations ahead of time. Always easy to get to the driver. $15 per person with plenty of room for luggage. Uber/taxi will run at least $80, and depending on how much luggage you have, you may need two vehicles. Benefit to that is you have a direct route. It's about a 30-35 min drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in my experience, nor many others that I talked to or that I read about.

It is on Uber's website that they pick up at the POM along with instructions for drivers.

I am not sure why you are posting falsehoods regarding Uber. Are you a taxi driver?

No, not Uber. Uber is not allowed at the Port of Miami and they are very strict and will chase the Uber driver away leaving you standing on the curb. Trust me. You don't want Uber.

But it is very, very easy to catch a taxi. There will be a long line of taxi's waiting.

I wouldn't bother with a shuttle. You'd have to find that shuttle, they you'd have to wait for all the other people who booked that shuttle to find that shuttle. It could take a long time.

With a taxi, you walk out the door from customs and immigration and you fall into a taxi. It couldn't be easier.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Port of Miami to Ft Lauderdale airport after the cruise? Do I need to arrange for a private car pick-up in advance or are there lots of taxis hanging around? We'll need transport for 4 people plus luggage. If private car is needed, any recommendations for who to call?

Thanks!

QLS is the best.

I suggest Uber. It has run me about $30-32. That is for 4 people and a regular car.

Someone mentioned that it cost them $80. but that had to be for an upgraded vehicle.

Thanks!

The ride is not 20 minutes, it is closer to 45 without traffic.

I always use the cruise line's shuttle. $25 one way. The bus is right outside the port doors and the wait is about 10 to 15 minutes before you leave. It can be a 30 to 45 minute drive. With a ship's shuttle service they require you to not fly out before 1130 am. If your flight is earlier then that they won't take you.

I always use the cruise line's shuttle. $25 one way. The bus is right outside the port doors and the wait is about 10 to 15 minutes before you leave. It can be a 30 to 45 minute drive. With a ship's shuttle service they require you to not fly out before 1130 am. If your flight is earlier then that they won't take you.

How would I arrange to be on the cruise line shuttle? Is that on the website? Thanks.

How would I arrange to be on the cruise line shuttle? Is that on the website? Thanks.

You can call to book it before cruise but it is easier to book it directly at guest service onboard. I used it in october and was really saitisfied.

Uber is legal in Miami -Dade county without exception. It is no different than being picked up by a private vehicle. It is the taxi association that is trying to discourage Uber due to the intense competition.