Favorite Drink on the Summit

Notquite50

I think my favorite is a toss up between the Mudslide and Rum Swizzle. We even brought back a bottle of the goslings gold seal rum. If we knew how hard it is to find that rum here at home would have brought back a few bottles. We are going again next September that's how much fun we had.

Still trying to duplicate the ingredients for the mudslide. The bar at the pool put some sort of liquor on top and I can't remember what it was. Tried chambord but that's not it. We were just on the Summit the end of May and had a blast.

Frozen aspen coffee but have to agree the mudslides are really yummy too. Got my sister hooked on the frozen aspen last year and she texted me on the way to the port a few weeks ago to remind her of the name. She was dreaming about that first one after boarding!

I loved the Fresca Martini at the Martini Bar - I'm not a traditional martini kind of person but it was delicious and very refreshing/light. Also, one night I asked to be surprised with something with an umbrella in it and our waiter brought me a drink (I think he made it up!) and called it the Anatolian Delight! It was a little too sweet for me (coconut/blue curaçao/pineapple) but definitely made me feel like I was on vacation!

Mmm...they all sound delicious. I will have to definitely have to try the mudslide. I'm not a martini girl but with the premium package I am willing to give them a second or third or fourth try. I remember on RC there was a pina colada with strawberry daiquiri drizzled on top. All this talk I think I just might have to make a frozen cocktail and take it outside here in NJ and just pretend I am on a cruise ship with someone making me dinner.

I think my favorite is a toss up between the Mudslide and Rum Swizzle. We even brought back a bottle of the goslings gold seal rum. If we knew how hard it is to find that rum here at home would have brought back a few bottles. We are going again next September that's how much fun we had.

Still trying to duplicate the ingredients for the mudslide. The bar at the pool put some sort of liquor on top and I can't remember what it was. Tried chambord but that's not it. We were just on the Summit the end of May and had a blast.

Pretty sure beside the rum they put a little Kahlua to add a litttle ooomph. DW the mudslide maveness just chipped in on that. Usually 2 at the Solarium pool and 2 at sailaway every day makes her a happy camper. Pool waiter always kidding her that they were low caloric (ha!)

This was on Equinox and Reflection but must be the same fleet wide.

She is also partial to the Bon Voyage. It's a little tropical but bing badda boom hits you with a punch.

I usually have a Pina Colada at the pool and a mudslide later at sailaway.

It's nice getting that complimentary drink package.

Edited by NordicPrince
adding text

Frozen aspen coffee but have to agree the mudslides are really yummy too. Got my sister hooked on the frozen aspen last year and she texted me on the way to the port a few weeks ago to remind her of the name. She was dreaming about that first one after boarding!

I never knew they can make the aspen coffee frozen. Could you get this at any bar

Would love to read about what the Aspen Coffee is.:):):) I like the Nutty Irishman coffee on Princess. I'm sailing Celebrity in 2017 so I'm enjoying reading about anything and everything Celebrity.

Pretty sure beside the rum they put a little Kahlua to add a litttle ooomph. DW the mudslide maveness just chipped in on that. Usually 2 at the Solarium pool and 2 at sailaway every day makes her a happy camper. Pool waiter always kidding her that they were low caloric (ha!)

I also love a good mudslide. But there's no rum in a mudslide. It's vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey's.

Would love to read about what the Aspen Coffee is.:):):) I like the Nutty Irishman coffee on Princess. I'm sailing Celebrity in 2017 so I'm enjoying reading about anything and everything Celebrity.

Here's a link to the Cafe al Bacio menu: http://www.thepreismans.com/iceland_Ire_menus.htm#bacio. Scroll down a bit and you will see the Aspen Coffee (and other coffee cocktails.)

Boom shaka laka...Frozen drink...My wife loved it....Mast bar ...Deck 11...A great bartender named DANIEL made this drink up...Don't ask anyone else as they probably don't know how he makes it...Hopefully he is still under contract and is there...Good luck........

We get the cafe aspen at cafe al bacio before dinner almost every night. I have never heard of a frozen one! Are those available by the pool during the day or do you need to go to bacio?