Carnival Breeze - Grand Turk Question

Cayman1

We are heading out on the Carnival Breeze in a couple of weeks and I noticed that there is a beach with lounge chairs to the left of the pier (facing the land). Is this something you have to pay for or reserve or can anyone just go use them? First time to Grand Turk so I don't know much about it.

Thank you in advance!

Loungers directly on either side of the dock are free.

I think at Margaritaville the pool loungers are free but the cabanas need to be reserved. for places just beyond the cruise port (your left facing land) there may be charge for loungers or they may be included with purchase of food or drink.

Check out the Ports board for Grand Turk. Lots of info there.

Edited by crewsweeper

We are heading out on the Carnival Breeze in a couple of weeks and I noticed that there is a beach with lounge chairs to the left of the pier (facing the land). Is this something you have to pay for or reserve or can anyone just go use them? First time to Grand Turk so I don't know much about it.

Thank you in advance!

The chairs to the left and right of the dock are free, however they are first come first served and they go quick so finding one in the shade can be a challenge or finding any at all especially if there are multiple people with you that you want to sit with

It's also pretty rocky in the water, so take water shoes.

This ^^^^^^ I sliced a nasty gash in my heel last year when I was there. Also note, the pool at Margaritaville is free to use.

Grand Turk is my "happy place"!! Love it there. You do not need a cabana, if you walk down the shore a bit there a lot of chairs under trees that are just perfect. Water shoes are needed, a book a drink and my big floppy hat and I am the happiest girl on earth there..... Ok back to reality...

• 2 weeks later...

If you really want to have some fun and not deal with Margaritaville crowds and prices, walk down the beach a couple hundred yards until you see Jack's Shack! Cheap beer, free shot of rum and the best fried conch and jerk chicken you will eat. Check out their site on FB :)

I also suggest you walk a little further down the beach to "Jack's Shack". We were just there in April. No crowds, reasonably priced food, and the water had no rocks in it. Nice, soft sand. When we returned to the ship and walked through the beach area at Margaritaville and the cruise terminal beach it was so crowded. We were so glad we chose to go to Jack's Shack.

Love Grand Turk!

We didn't experience a shortage of chairs (and there were two ships when we were in port). The beach chairs and pool at Margaritaville we're free. We didn't have any problem with rocks on the beach but I have read that several times.

I was at Grand Turk on the Splendor, a little bit smaller than the Breeze. But the free beach in front of Margaritaville never got crowded. However, for people who expect to have 10 empty chairs for every 1 used one at all times, and they want to see a mostly empty beach, then they will say that it's overcrowded. But for most people, it will not seem crowded at all.

I totally loved Grand Turk, our 5th & final port on a very busy cruise itinerary. It was great just to find a free deck chair to catch some rays, enjoy Margaritaville's free pool (and the fun games that were going on all day), and do some snorkeling. Yes, despite the sandy beach & the huge ship pulling into port, there are actually still fish out there. I spent plenty of time out there. I even found a barracuda, and stalked him for awhile. I also did walk down to Jacks Shack to take a look. Their stuff isn't free, but it's a nice setup & will have a smaller crowd, for those that really want a mostly empty beach. There's also a NASA exhibit right at the port. When you get off the ship, you go left for the beach, or right for the NASA exhibit. Worth taking a few minutes to check out at some point during the day.

Where do you rent golf carts? How much? We are arriving at 7am and that is just a little too early to start drinking rum!!

We are there in 3 weeks... we rented a golf cart from Karib Auto Rental. Has a FB page under karibbrental We had done this last time we were there and had a good time...

I know you are probably getting ready to leave for this cruise, but thought if you still have time, I could offer a bit to this thread.

I have a complete review of Grand Turk (we were just there last month) and it has TONS of pictures in it if you are interested in reading the review or just scrolling to see the pictures (it's listed in my signature line...just click on it and it will take you to the page and just scroll down until you get to the beginning of Grand Turk).

We were the only ship in port as well and like others said, the chairs do fill up quickly...especially if you are planning on getting a chair right at the beach where you first get off at (close to the port). We went further down toward the end of the cruise compound and had plenty of room there with no problems.

However, we also walked to the right (facing the port) and it was lovely over there. There's not a lot of people on that side and it still has a beach to use. If (when) we go back, we will definitely head that way instead and avoid the crowds and enjoy the beauty. :)

Thank you in advance!

Its a 5 min walk from the ship and no charge to use chairs or use of pool

38 more days!

Edited by limoguy1

It's also pretty rocky in the water, so take water shoes.

I agree it is rocky but when we were there in January we noticed it was much less rocky as they must have added a bunch of sand to the area close to the beach in the water. Also appeared they were making the area to the right of the pier cleaner as the area looked less rocky and more clean.