Are M-class cabin ceilings metal?

SevenSeas70

No, I'm not designing my own cruise ship, but on a future cruise I will need to some privacy in part of the cabin. Someone suggested hanging a (shower) curtain from the ceiling attached to magnet hooks. Will this work and will it be allowed?

Possibly. However please be warned, you could end up going blind...

Actually, it will not be a transparent curtain. Sorry.

However, I would appreciate comments on whether magnetic Handi-Hooks would hold onto the cabin ceilings.

My initial reaction was you were asking so you could hang a mirror on the overhead above the bed!

The decks are 'metal' so it's metal up there, but it could be covered making it hard to get attachments to it. But the earlier post said they hung clothes from the ceiling using magnet hooks so that sounds good.....if your curtain hooks placement aren't blocked.

Hope you have a backup idea/plan which would be good even if it looks like someone else was successful using magnetic hooks.

My post isn't much help except being 'funny', I never really looked up and examined the overhead of our SRs. Sorry.

Den

I don't know about a name, but I have found them at Walmart

Thanks. I'm looking for something that has a 10lb. test weight to it. Do you think those would work? What department in Walmart? When I go there, I like to be in and out...not a big Walmart fan.

Any hardware store or Lowe's or Home Depot will have a variety of these in sizes from small to huge. You can get the magnets with clips or hooks, as you need. And someone there will direct you unlike the Walmart -- a place I absolutely never go to even though one is five minutes from my home.

First, thanks to all those who confirmed that the ceilings are metal.

Second, the hooks I found at Home Depot are called "Handi-Hook" and have a round magnet about 2 inches in diameter with a metal hook. They're rated at "up to" 20 pounds for vertical support, such as for hanging keys on a wall. An illustration also shows using one to support a light hanging from above, but no value is given for that use. They have a non-scratch liner, so the ceiling shouldn't be damaged in use.