Lunch restaurant in San Juan

clpainter2001

We will be in San Juan and want to have lunch before we head back to the boat. Where is a good place to eat? It is me, my husband, my mom and my 12 and 15 year olds. We are adventurous and my daughter is pretty fluent in Spanish. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would also like to know a good place to eat LUNCH. This restaurant isn't open until dinner so it won't help us or the OP. So you have a suggestion that would be open for lunch?

93ba83559f2bed56c0db7b9c958db2b5.jpg

Another great restaurant and opens early every day. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

The last time we were in San Juan, we ate lunch (really a brunch) at Cafe Mallorca. It is a no frills diner type of place. They had some beautiful pastries in the window, and the food was good. We were the only non-locals in there at the time.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147320-d1234687-Reviews-Cafeteria_Mallorca-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html

We will be in San Juan and want to have lunch before we head back to the boat. Where is a good place to eat? It is me, my husband, my mom and my 12 and 15 year olds. We are adventurous and my daughter is pretty fluent in Spanish. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are seeking an ethnic style restaurant with good food and great coffee, the consider CAFICULTURA.

PS. They do not speak English or American ;-)

If you are seeking an ethnic style restaurant with good food and great coffee, the consider CAFICULTURA.

PS. They do not speak English or American ;-)

I have been here many times and they always spoke English (and I don't speak any Spanish)!! Did things change? :confused:

We ate at Cafe Manolin in OSJ. Local place with great reviews. Food was terrific and people were great - and spoke English. [emoji6]

I was also going to recommend Cafe Manolin - this was recommended to us by a local and quickly became a favorite for us. The food was affordable and great. We make sure we stop in whenever we're in San Juan!

I have been here many times and they always spoke English (and I don't speak any Spanish)!! Did things change? :confused:

We were here three weeks ago and everyone we encountered spoke English.