Which Carnival ship would you pick? Freedom, Pride, or Liberty??

Terab85

Planning first cruise with Carnival for next year and have it down to 3 different ships. Which one is the best? Updated? I had planned on the Liberty but is the Freedom or Pride better?? It'll be just me and my husband for our anniversary.

I've been on the Liberty and the Freedom and loved them both, these were my husbands least favorite with the tiered lido seating. We have been on the Legend (sister ship of the Pride) which was my least favorite but my husbands favorite because of layout.

Liberty had all the upgrades which was great. Freedom does not have the upgrades yet but will go into dry dock soon. I didn't miss any of the upgrades when we sailed on the Freedom. I don't think you could go wrong on any of those ships. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jreichow1972

Planning first cruise with Carnival for next year and have it down to 3 different ships. Which one is the best? Updated? I had planned on the Liberty but is the Freedom or Pride better?? It'll be just me and my husband for our anniversary.

I'm partial to the Spirit Class ships so I would choose the Pride, especially with the itinerary that includes Grand Turk and HMC. The Spirit Class ships also have the BEST Serenity area IMHO.

I'm partial to the Spirit Class ships so I would choose the Pride, especially with the itinerary that includes Grand Turk and HMC. The Spirit Class ships also have the BEST Serenity area IMHO.

You guys are killing me!!! I was leaning toward the Liberty but then you throw the Pride at me *lol* It is actually sailing the Western for this cruise, so it would be Cozumel, Mahogany Bay, Belize & Costa Maya. The Liberty cruise is basically the same itinerary except for Freeport instead of Belize.

Pride will have a dry dock towards the end of this year so features are the same. I have been on both the Freedom and the Legend and for me, nothing beats the layout of Spirit class ships. We're going on the Pride this New Years because we love the layout so much. Easy to get around, no stadium seating on Lido and NEVER felt crowded!!

Pride will have a dry dock towards the end of this year so features are the same. I have been on both the Freedom and the Legend and for me, nothing beats the layout of Spirit class ships. We're going on the Pride this New Years because we love the layout so much. Easy to get around, no stadium seating on Lido and NEVER felt crowded!!

If the Pride is schedule for a cruise next February, do you think it'll have the dry dock done?? We've only cruised once before and it was on a Disney ship about 8 years ago.

If the Pride is schedule for a cruise next February, do you think it'll have the dry dock done?? We've only cruised once before and it was on a Disney ship about 8 years ago.

The Pride is scheduled for dry dock 10/1214 to 11/9/14. Here is the press release announcing what she will have done in it:

http://carnival-news.com/2014/01/30/carnival-cruise-lines-port-of-baltimore-announce-resumption-of-year-round-service-from-baltimore-in-march-2015/

I have been on both the Liberty and Freedom with the Pride up next. I did prefer the Liberty over Freedom as I think the Liberty has better décor. Looking forward to trying the Pride out. Tough choice - but any IMO would be a good choice.

Edited by ferfoodle

I have been on the pride twice and totally agree, the layout is awesome. Plus the ship will be updated after dry dock. Love the serenity area.

Definitely the Liberty. One of the nicest ships in the Carnival fleet. Larger, more amenities, and more tastefully decorated. We've sailed on her twice and both times she's delivered a great cruise experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Terab85,

Liberty IMO is better. We've sailed her five times and she's our second favorite ship in the fleet; Breeze is our favorite. We have also sailed Freedom and next month we're sailing Pride. Spirit Class (Pride) is many cruisers favorite class, but we've sailed Pride's sister ship and we were lost for most of the time. :confused:

For your first cruise you cannot go wrong with any of your three choices.

Bon Voyage!

OP, check out post # 103 on page 6 of this thread here on cruise critic. A spreadsheet link is posted that compares all the ships, dry dock dates, upgrades, amenities, etc. It's a great tool for comparing ships!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980726&highlight=spreadsheet&page=6

Edited by LKYGSR

They are all in my top 3 ships of the 8 Carnival I have sailed.

Liberty is beautiful. Freedom is also very nice.

Pride is also very nice, a smaller ship with only one main dining room rather than 2, easier to get around.

I guess between the three, it would depend if you like larger ships with more passengers, or smaller ships where you would be more likely to run into the same people again.

I agree with the majority of those above, and think that you'll not go wrong with any of these ships. I too, however, am one of those who LOVES the Spirit Class ships, so I would choose "Pride". Just easier to get around on, and less crowded overall. GREAT ship!

"SKY"

We have not sailed Freedom yet, but we've sailed both Liberty and Pride. Liberty is my least favorite ship so far, and we've sailed her twice. (But never again.) I hated the layout and the tired outside decks. Plus the recessed adult pool was not conducive to sunbathing because we could not turn our deck chairs to follow the sun. That's a big deal for us.

I agree with you. Serenity is wide open to the sun, the breeze, and the sounds of the ocean. It's the exact opposite of the adult pools on the Conquest class ships.

I vote for Pride.

You guys have given me a lot to think about, thank you. I'm still leaning towards the Liberty. DH thinks that if we do the Pride after the dry dock, it'll be somehow newer. He's so cute. I figure since I'm planning, it's my choice and he'll say "yes dear" to anything ;)

Oh and thank you LKYGSR for the excel spreadsheet info. That was awesome!

Edited by Terab85

exactly my thoughts. i just love the pride i have been on her 3 times with a 4th trip coming up next month. have also been on the miracle and love the spirit class ships. next year the pride will have been updated with all the 2.0 upgrades.