Liberty vs Independence

I know this has probably been asked before, but I can't find it. I need a comparison of Liberty of the Seas and Independence of the Seas. I am booked on Liberty for 5 nights in Feb and want to do a b2b and can't decide to stay on Liberty and try Independence. Thanks for your opinion.

I would chose the option that gave me the best itinerary. Switching ships would require a little more effort, but that way you could experience the other stage/ice shows, CD...etc. Either way , have a great trip!!

That sums it up perfectly:) Particularly regarding the ports/itinerary.

I've been on both and Indy last year had a fabulous 8 night itinerary. At that time, it felt a little more European due to the stores in the Promenade - as she had spent extensive time in Europe prior to the Caribbean cruises. In terms of layout/venues, nearly exactly the same. Pick based on itinerary for sure!

I know this has probably been asked before, but I can't find it. I need a comparison of Liberty of the Seas and Independence of the Seas. I am booked on Liberty for 5 nights in Feb and want to do a b2b and can't decide to stay on Liberty and try Independence. Thanks for your opinion.

that's like asking which twin should I date

that's like asking which twin should I date

Except with twins there are some differences, so which one you dated would matter. With these 'sister ships' really not much other than names of venues.

What does make each cruise different however is the crew. So if they moved from one ship to another and did not mind the hassle, they would get a different Entertainment Staff, which could have an impact on the experience.

Given the opportunity I'd definitely change ships for the 2nd leg for the new entertainment and a slight change of scenery. As for Jamaica, Ocho Rios is an actual place, Falmouth was a port basically created out of nothing to host the giant RCCL ships. Lots excursions require ground transportation to Ocho Rios anyway. Many people will disparage Jamaica but on our one visit there (Ocho Rios) we LOVED it. I wouldn't have wanted to miss climbing Dunn's River Falls for anything!

Thanks for your advice. Indy has an extra port of call, Grand Caymen, which I love. The port in Jamaica is different on each. One calls on Falmouth and the other calls on Ocha Rios. Any advice of which is better in Jamaica.

Try to do b2b on both. They are sister ships but different shows, Decor, promenade car, and Liberty has Dreamworks.

Ocho Rios is better than Falmouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

I have cruised aboard both ships fairly recently: Liberty of the Seas (Dec. 2011 and Feb. 2013) and Independence of the Seas (Feb. 2014). Both ships are very similar, but there are some slight differences as mentioned above. If I were you, I think it would be fun to try both ships back-to-back. I am booked on the Freedom of the Seas for Feb. 2015 so that I can compare all three of these sister ships.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

I would not doubt that considering I think the shows on Indy are horrible.

We are definitely doing Liberty, that is already booked. Just trying to decide to b2b on Liberty or Indy.

Tell me about the show on Indy.

Also, Falmouth is one of the Indy Ports. It is also one day longer than the 2nd Liberty cruise.

We are definitely doing Liberty, that is already booked. Just trying to decide to b2b on Liberty or Indy.

Tell me about the show on Indy.

Also, Falmouth is one of the Indy Ports. It is also one day longer than the 2nd Liberty cruise.

Change to Liberty, so you can compare.