Photos of Setti Mari and Menu concept

WesW

Aloha Wes for posting the article.

We are just home from a seven-night Voyager cruise, Venice to Rome. We ate at Setti Mari on the first night of the cruise, and immediately took a great liking to the restaurant. We ended up having four dinners at Setti Mari because we really liked the small, intimate feel of the space as compared to Compass Rose, and the service at Setti Mari was no less than stellar. We really enjoyed the antipasti as starters and the small portions of pasta, which were served as a first course. The Sea Bass, beef and baked pasta dishes as main courses were great. We like to eat early, and were at the restaurant by 7.15 each time; we were able to get a window table for two on three of four nights, and on the fourth night, we were at an inside table for two, which was fine. I will also say, however, as we were finishing our dinners, especially later in the cruise, we saw many people trying to get into the restaurant. I believe that the Setti Mari staff were sending people up to the Horizon Lounge and calling them when a table was ready, though not 100% sure of this. We are in the high-end tourism business in Hawaii, and we were really impressed by the quality of food and service in the Setti Mari venue. I would highly recommend trying this spot early in the cruise before the word gets out!

PS: Can not comment on the wines served as I do not drink, and my wife had only 1/4 glass on two nights--she is not a drinker either, but as she is Italian, she felt the need to have a taste of the Italian wines. We heard others comment favorably on the quality of the Italian wines at Setti Mari

Findacruise, TedC, HanaleiSailor; You're very welcome.

HanaleiSailor, thanks for postng your first hand, recent (very positive) Setti Mari experience. Ida and I can't wait to try Setti Mari (both the Italian cuisine and Italian wine) in less than five weeks when we board the Voyager in Mumbai to Bali. The menu concept as read (and as described by you Hanalei) sounds very familiar to us when we dine in a similar venue at night on board Silverse--La Terraza. One of our dining venue favorites on Silversea and hopefully soon, Setti Mari will be one of fav dining venues on Regent.

When we were on the Voyager in May, the black chairs suddenly appeared in La Veranda. We more or less knew that they were for Setti Mari. While the black chairs look great, I really missed the arms (which is where we typically put our napkins when we go to the buffet).:o

Looks like navigator to me.

Don't like the chairs as they have that woven wicker back and legs which snags panty hose and knit wear like crazy. I ruined the only pair of black hose I had brought on our last cruise with one of those chairs.

You're welcome OrpingtonT/Tom & Barbara, +1 Alfa..I took the Setti Mari photo outside our front door in the afternoon to get better light--that fly intruder landed while I snapped.

Hi all

We just came off the Navigator last Wednesday in Montreal, and we ate one night in Setti Mari. The food/wine/service were all excellent. We like to eat early, and we did get a table for 2 with no problem. However, by 7:15 or so, the place was packed. (Having never been on the Nav's two sister ships, maybe they have higher seating capacity.)

While we enjoyed the experience, I personally thought it was kind of noisy and the pace frenetic. We just like a quieter venue. However, I urge everyone to try it!

You're welcome OrpingtonT/Tom & Barbara, +1 Alfa..I took the Setti Mari photo outside our front door in the afternoon to get better light--that fly intruder landed while I snapped.

Hi Wes,

I trust you appreciate our unusual Australian humor. We actually have an Australian salute, which is swatting away flies, maybe when we meet, I will show you how its done. In the meantime, here is a photo of one version and an illustration of another.

aussie-salute.jpg

0511-0809-0704-2440_Angry_Man_Swatting_at_Flies_Clip_Art_clipart_image.jpg

Even our native animals do it !

kangaroo_swatting_fly.jpg

:);)

Kind Regards

Alfa

We were part of a culinary group on Voyager in September. I asked our butler about reservations for Setti and he told me they didn't take reservations but get there by 7 p.m. as it gets busy. We dined there one night with another couple arriving at 6:45 with no problem. After our raves (Compass Rose was extremely slow) our group pretty much dined there when not at Signatures or Prime 7. Everybody loved it!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from the Mariner and have to disagree with a number of the reviews of Sette Mari. I was not at all impressed with the quality of the meals and preparations. We had only one dinner there and would not go back. Soggy overcooked pasta, tough veal and eggplant cooked to mush is not what I expected. I am not a fan of the buffet concept but actually think it was better before.

Pls see photos of Setti Mari and the Menu concept below. Took these from the current edition of Ensemble Travel magazine we rcvd in today's mail:

settimare002.jpg

settimare004.jpg

Wes,

there is a fly on the soup - LOL!

That write up has me craving a dinner, or several, in that restaurant. Yum!

Tim

Hi TERubacky/Tim, so very nice to see you post here on the Regent board. CC posters generally rave about the Italian cuisine now prepared/served in Setti Mari--Ida and I will find out Dec 1st when we board the Voyager for Mumbai to Bali.

p.s., have read the American Queen is doing exceptionally well..kudos to the entire AQ team.

We recently sailed on the Voyager and ate at Setti Mari once and did not go back. Yes, the food was very good but I felt that the area was very hectic. We got a nice table by a window so we then had to "climb" (I exaggerate) over people to get to the antipasta. With so many people getting up and down for the beginning course and dessert it just did not seem relaxed or that our dinner flowed through the couple of courses we had. It was very popular on our cruise, but we decided not to go back.

We recently sailed on the Voyager and ate at Setti Mari once and did not go back. Yes, the food was very good but I felt that the area was very hectic. We got a nice table by a window so we then had to "climb" (I exaggerate) over people to get to the antipasta. With so many people getting up and down for the beginning course and dessert it just did not seem relaxed or that our dinner flowed through the couple of courses we had. It was very popular on our cruise, but we decided not to go back.

mj_holiday - your post makes me wonder - and not for the first time! - exactly what the difference is, except cosmetic, between the old buffet system at la Veranda in the evenings when one took ones antipasti and dessert from a buffet and then ordered and was served the main course??

Certainly from Wes' photo (fly excepted!) the furniture has changed and most likely the china too, but the "system" ? The main course was always served in the evenings and it seems that nothing has changed!

Archived