20% Off Sale on Drink Package offered would you do it?

So i'm on the fence about this, i learned in my roll call about a "limited" 20% off sale on the Premium Bev package.

Now were not big drinkers, i would say average, definitely drink more on vacation but don't get royally (no pun intended ) messed up.

Lots of water during the day maybe 8-10 bottles and i would say on average 3 drinks a day maybe 4 if the party is really good

Package comes to $44/day +18%

Worth it? Whats your opinion?

Thanks

TG

So i'm on the fence about this, i learned in my roll call about a "limited" 20% off sale on the Premium Bev package.

Now were not big drinkers, i would say average, definitely drink more on vacation but don't get royally (no pun intended ) messed up.

Lots of water during the day maybe 8-10 bottles and i would say on average 3 drinks a day maybe 4 if the party is really good

Thanks

TG

I would double check the price as people have been reporting that they are not getting a true 20% discount once they put the package in their cart.

Thanks Bob,

Yah i failed to read down further a bit, there definitely seems to be some controversy on the subject

I f i can get the OBC that there talking about i would probably do it, worth a call, just not sure at the $44 price point.

TG

This whole drink package on sale thing is getting comical. My cruise is tomorrow (5/7). I have been looking constantly at the cruise calendar, and the drink package has never been on sale. This morning I look and there it is; 20% off Premium drink package ($39.20). Well that's just great. They post the sale, and the cruise is tomorrow, the ordering deadline for online purchases has past.

Ridiculous if you ask me, do you think they do this just to mess with people?

This whole drink package on sale thing is getting comical. My cruise is tomorrow (5/7). I have been looking constantly at the cruise calendar, and the drink package has never been on sale. This morning I look and there it is; 20% off Premium drink package ($39.20). Well that's just great. They post the sale, and the cruise is tomorrow, the ordering deadline for online purchases has past.

Ridiculous if you ask me, do you think they do this just to mess with people?

I would call them, see your price is what i would around what i was expecting for 20% off, always worth a call.

Our September sailing drink package just went on "sale" today also 44$ is about 10% off not 20% . RCCL is playing games and raising the price to 55$ for the "sale" I called them and spoke with s supervisor and got no where. He just told me prices are subject to change and I told him my sailing less than 12 hours before was 49$ and the price increase was due to the "sale" and they are doing this to everyone and its not ok. "He couldn't not do anything for me would make note" RIGHT??

So NO don't fall for this unless you want to play games .

We will wait until cruise or until the price is actually "20%" off

... Ridiculous if you ask me, do you think they do this just to mess with people?

Sadly, I don't think they are that much on the ball. I think it's just their typical lack of accurate, timely, corporate communication. Simple incompetence.

Does this include Starbucks?

None of them include Starbucks, but you can get mochas/etc from the cafe.

Personally, if I was planning on 4 drinks per day, that would add up to around $52, and so anything in the $40's range would be worth it, IF it were actually that price, which it seems is questionable.

I have yet to ever find a drink package at any price that would save me money vs. buying them straight.

Beverages from the dedicated Starbucks venues on Oasis and Allure are not included in any package.

But...you are able to use your Starbucks Card there...at least I was able to in 2012. You cannot use your Starbucks Card on any other ship as they do not have the dedicated Starbucks venues.

None of them include Starbucks, but you can get mochas/etc from the cafe.

Personally, if I was planning on 4 drinks per day, that would add up to around $52, and so anything in the $40's range would be worth it, IF it were actually that price, which it seems is questionable.

I have yet to ever find a drink package at any price that would save me money vs. buying them straight.

I'm currently quoted at $44/day in my cart +18% so $51.92/day?

If i actually get 20% of $49 it comes to $46.26/day includes grats. That would put me in the $40 range sweet spot.

I believe most people would end up saving money if they paid for drinks as the go.

For some reason people have this idea that that over-paying ahead is better than no bar bill at the end of the cruise.

Even if was a lot less money...

Just left the TA about an hour ago and she called RCI for us about this supposed

20% discount.

Since we purchased the package in February could we apply it.

The RCI rep stated that the package increased last week by approximately 18% and the discount would only be applied to the new price.

She gave our TA the option of cancelling old package and re-booking the new package and it would save us approximately $16.

Now anyway you look at it number crunching none of these refunds are close to matching what is going on.

Thanks once again RCI for the discount.

Later

Thanks

TG

I decided to purchase the premium package at a 20% discount for my upcoming December Serenade cruise.

I'm also not a huge drinker but I do enjoy the following:

--Wine with dinner (2 glasses or so)

--A shot after dinner

--A cocktail by the pool (1-2 per day)

--A cocktail while waiting for the evening show (1-2)

--Lots of water (easier if it's in a bottle)

If I did not order the package, I would only purchase 1-2 drinks per day. With the package, I will enjoy more booze but not so much that I get drunk.

I will also enjoy trying new drinks that I wouldn't normally want to risk wasting the money on!

I also drink coffee. It will be fun to irish it up a bit!

I could spend less without the package but I would also drink much less.

I decided that this will really enhance the enjoyment and "all-inclusiveness" of my cruise.

This 20% is so bogus!

If I look at my Aug Enchantment cruise the 20% off comes to $55+ per day (with tip).

If I look at my Feb 17 Indy cruise the price is $57 per day (with tip).

Where is the 20% off???

There are a lot of really unhappy people as Royal is jacking up the price and then "supposedly" giving you 20% off

They have not raised the prices - my Feb 17 Indy cruise is the exact same amount I paid in April on Adventure

I'm on the 14th July 2016 cruise on Anthem (as per my signature lol), and it seems that to me the prices are correct. I must say I'm from Brazil, so all the prices show up in Brazilian Reais (BRL). They looked like this before the sale (prices in USD in today's exchange rate):

Ultimate: 192 BRL (~55 USD)

Premium: 172 BRL (~49 USD)

Select: 142 BRL (~40 USD)

When the 20% off began, the Select package was also on sale and this is how they looked like:

Ultimate: 172 BRL (~49 USD)

Premium: 142 BRL (~40 USD)

Select: 114 BRL (~33 USD)

Not long after that the Select package went out of the sale and prices started looking like this, and have not changed ever since:

Ultimate: 172 BRL (~49 USD)

Premium: 142 BRL (~40 USD)

Select: 142 BRL (~40 USD)

All those prices are before adding gratuities. Now, with gratuities, the Premium package cost me 1511 BRL (~432 USD), so around 48 USD per night (gratuities included). It was a pretty good deal for me.

Now, to OP's question, I usually drink beer only, so the Select package would do, but since it's a nine night cruise, I thought I could get tired of drinking only beer. Given that, and the fact that with the sales the Premium package was the same price, I ended up choosing Premium instead. At the price I paid, I thought it was a pretty good deal because I can break even simply by drinking one or two drinks by the pool, one or two wine glasses during dinner, plus all the beer I usually drink while at the club (or Music Hall, in this case) during the night. Even if you don't break even, I think it's not hard to at least get close to it, and then simply having the peace of mind of not worrying about your bill throughout the cruise would make the package worth it.

Glad we called when we did, before they realized they screwed up.

We saved $200.00 for DH and I on the Premium Drink Package, two weeks ago today.

Sounds like they are playing games..:mad: