Woman gives birth to baby boy on board Queen Mary 2

Runners

But please: I am just speculating... I do not have more information than anybody else. But a friend of mine was working at an Airport Hotel with Vip-floor. And VIP can get special treatment, fast check in and so on.

I am sure there was no need for them to queue....

But please: I am just speculating... I do not have more information than anybody else. But a friend of mine was working at an Airport Hotel with Vip-floor. And VIP can get special treatment, fast check in and so on.

I am sure there was no need for them to queue....

But, per the German newspaper, the father would have been the celebrity, and he did not accompany his girlfriend. So, it would not appear that VIP treatment would have prevailed.

None of us has been there at the check in - but what do you think - if a famous american Film producer booked a big suite and request special treatment for his fisncee, living Partner, mother of his children ...do you think they would refuse?

You can have it for yourself if you book a suite with butlerservice ....

None of us has been there at the check in - but what do you think - if a famous american Film producer booked a big suite and request special treatment for his fisncee, living Partner, mother of his children ...do you think they would refuse?

You can have it for yourself if you book a suite with butlerservice ....

You have a point, given those facts.

Even without a VIP service it´s possible. My kid is born in January and wearing my regular coat I wasn´t even offered a seat in a bus... So depending on what she wore at check-in it wasn´t even noticed by anyone.

steamboats

Very True. I don't remember much of a screening process in Hamburg at all. On the other hand, November in Southampton, it was required that all outerwear be removed....including scarves.

I hope this breech of rules doesn't result in more scutiny for future pregnant sailors.....whether or not this had been approved by Cunard. Although it has always been my understanding that pregnant travelers needed authorization from their physician.

Very True. I don't remember much of a screening process in Hamburg at all. On the other hand, November in Southampton, it was required that all outerwear be removed....including scarves.

I hope this breech of rules doesn't result in more scutiny for future pregnant sailors.....whether or not this had been approved by Cunard. Although it has always been my understanding that pregnant travelers needed authorization from their physician.

It´s the same in Hamburg - but the screening is done by security staff (port staff). They don´t know anything about traveling when pregnant. The check-in is done prior to the security screening. The check-in staff (either port or ship) are the ones to ask you whether you are pregnant and which week you are pregnant. And there you still can wear your coat ;)!

steamboats

Cough:rolleyes: I gained some weight (and lost it fortunately). To be honest - it was an amount comparable beeing pregnant.

I was never been asked if I was pregnant or just overweight.

And I was never requested to undress my coat. We went onboard at Amsterdam when we had snow-rain - and everybody was just happy to embark as fast as possible.

Same at Copenhagen last year.

If it's a medical reason, yes. The medical officer would not risk their reputation and career by allowing someone to sail who shouldn't.

Wouw what nasty comments! It´s a baby born- a new life! And some are eager to a avoid a matress where on ( if it was not born in the medical fac. ) a baby was born- but have no worries about a matress on which one died - and we all no what happens when or before one goes to his maker!

Beside the rules- Cunard advertises that good doctors and well equiped hosptial is provided!

My guess is that while we welcome a new birth, we get upset when unnecessary risks so close to delivery date that endanger mother and child are taken for no apparent reason.

It really doesn't matter if the passenger booked a Grill Suite or an Inside Cabin - the point is that the mother took a great risk when she boarded the ship for a Transatlantic Crossing well past a safe date. I don't know why she did that, but I sincerely hope other women are not encouraged to do the same based on this one incident that worked out well. -S.

Edited by Salacia