Best Port Canaveral Hotel?

Trying to decide whether to drive down the day before and stay in a hotel I could park my car at instead of having to park at port's parking. I only live 2 hours away so the drive itself is no issue. Mainly hoping to save on parking. What is a nice hotel I can park and leave the car at, with transport to/from port. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trying to decide whether to drive down the day before and stay in a hotel I could park my car at instead of having to park at port's parking. I only live 2 hours away so the drive itself is no issue. Mainly hoping to save on parking. What is a nice hotel I can park and leave the car at, with transport to/from port. Thank you!

The only time I used this port I stayed at the Radisson and liked it. They also have a shuttle readily available that locals use to part there and shuttle to the port.

We always stay at the Hampton Inn. They have a program where you can pay a little extra to get a 40% off the parking garage at the terminal. Ultimately saves about $30 off of parking. Most hotels have similar programs or shuttle service, which is good if you are driving up the day before. But if you only live two hours away it would be cheaper to not pay for a hotel and just pay for parking at the port. Very easy. For departure, literally takes 10 minutes from the time you get off the ship to be out on the road.

I'll second Country Inn & Suites. We just used them for our cruise last month. We used the Park and Cruise rate, and they shuttled us to and from the cruise terminal. We were very impressed at how organized they were.

I'll second Country Inn & Suites. We just used them for our cruise last month. We used the Park and Cruise rate, and they shuttled us to and from the cruise terminal. We were very impressed at how organized they were.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the stay with that particular rate? I'm trying to compare and see if it would be cheaper than parking at parking garage.

La Quinta Cocoa Beach. Right next to the pier, and on the beach. We had a room that overlooked the ocean. Lots of things to see and do. Check out Grills restaurant, while you are there.., Phenomenal food. Next to port..

Another vote for Radisson at the Port. They have a great hotel and breakfast and the beds are sleep number (super comfortable). We have always driven down and done their stay & cruise package where we can leave our car at the hotel and take a shuttle to the port and get picked up from the port and brought back to the car. Very efficient and nice.

Have stayed at the Radisson and Country Inn. Both were good. Country Inn Has a free breakfast that was very good, not sure if Radisson's is free. Pretty equal so book based on price keeping in mind the free dining.

Edited by kutchyone

I can't remember the exact rate, but I ran the numbers and i came out ahead by using them. It was $120 to park at the terminal for the week. If you go on their website, you can make a phantom booking to check the prices.

Being 2 hours from the port, have you considered renting a car?

Budget has a free shuttle to the port, and when we rented from Tampa to Canaveral- the rate was really good.

So you have a one day (4 hour to include packing) rental to the port and one day back. The sum of which may be cheaper than even parking.

Something to consider.

Being 2 hours from the port, have you considered renting a car?

Budget has a free shuttle to the port, and when we rented from Tampa to Canaveral- the rate was really good.

So you have a one day (4 hour to include packing) rental to the port and one day back. The sum of which may be cheaper than even parking.

Something to consider.

Did not consider this but it is a good plan to consider! My mom will be accompanying us and can be impatient so I'd have to discuss this with her. But thanks for the idea!

We have parked at the terminal, stayed at the Radisson and used their shuttle and parked at Park n' Cruise and taken their shuttle. We prefer the Park n' Cruise. They're almost within sight of the ships. You rarely have to wait and once they leave you can be at the ship within a few minutes. Also, have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a return shuttle and most often just walk right on it. I believe the rate right now is $7.95/day. We also had a dead battery one time and they took care of it immediately.

The best Port Canaveral hotel is the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral.

Park and Cruise: Save $15/day parking, includes buffet breakfast daily, wired high-speed Internet, wireless Internet, 2 Roundtrip Shuttle to Port passes, self parking,

The Residence Inn also offers the best complimentary hot breakfast in the area.

We live an hour from the port. We use the cruise package from the local hotels in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area when we are meeting friends.

If we are sailing alone, we use the parkportcanveral. The web site has an excellent birds eye view of their parking lot. We have used them several times. They are right across the street from the Raddison hotel.

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

They have ample employees who assist you in letting you know what you need to do before getting on the shuttle. They are very organized, and efficient. The shuttle driver and another staff member will give you tips while riding over to the port. They will let you know where to meet them after the cruise.

We highly recommend ParkPortCanaveral to all cruisers interested in a place to park while on a cruise.

Edited by Parrotheadtoo

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites

9009 Astronaut Blvd

Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

321-784-8500

Nice hotel and a free shuttle to the port. You'll have to ask them about the parking, we had a rental car that we returned the night before then took the RCCL Shuttle back to Orlando Airport.

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites

9009 Astronaut Blvd

Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

321-784-8500

Nice hotel and a free shuttle to the port. You'll have to ask them about the parking, we had a rental car that we returned the night before then took the RCCL Shuttle back to Orlando Airport.

Thank you!

I was comparing the hotel - Park and Cruise offers for

Residence Inn, Radisson @ the Port, Hampton Inn, La Quinta and Country Inn and Suites.

La Quinta was booked for my date. Residence Inn, Radisson and Hampton Inn only offered shuttle for 2 people. We are 4 - 2 adults and 2 teen children.

Hampton Inn mentioned that additional shuttle people are and extra $10/Round Trip, but the others didn't.

Country Inn and Suites didn't mention how many, so I assumed it was just however many in your room.

Do people drive and drop off half their group, then come back and take the shuttle themselves? That doesn't seem efficient.

Are there long lines at the port to check in? Could the kids and I get dropped off, stand in line and then DH can catch up with us after going back, parking and taking the shuttle?

Does Radisson @ the Port have it's own parking deal, or does it use Park Port Canaveral? Park Port Canaveral says Radisson is their friend. :D

Is the Shipside Parking Garage the Cruise Terminal 8 Parking Garage? If you stay at a partner hotel and get the 40% discount, it doesn't seem like you can prebook online. Does this garage fill up?

...Are there long lines at the port to check in? Could the kids and I get dropped off, stand in line and then DH can catch up with us after going back, parking and taking the shuttle?...

I've not seen long lines to get into Terminal 1 ever. Maybe we have been lucky, but that terminal has been very efficient for us. My guess is that you will be checked in by the time your husband gets back.

Edited by clarea