Discounts for Back to back cruises?

What B2B discount do Princess give?

We have never had a cut for a back to back, but it depends on the way they set the fares. When we did Singapore to Auckand on Diamond , it was cheaper for us to book Singapore to Sydney and then a seperate booking for Sydney to Auckland ....it meant changing cabins, but it was only down the hallway.

I think you have to go with the flow, there is no formula thats set in stone as far as we have found.:D

Hi Everyone ,

I asked about a discount ,was told no ,but suggested they ask their supervisor , I was expecting a no ,but they gave me a $20 discount ,not much but that will cover the cost of a cocktail , the moral to this story is ,if you don't ask ,you don't get ,so my suggestion is ask when doing B2B ,you never know,it may pay for a drink or 2 onboard .

Cheers Deb :)

We are doing a B2B in Alaska. It didnt occur to me there would be a discount. As we are on the free Bev, free tip and $300USD onboard credit for each cruise I'm very happy with it as is.

Doing a back to back on the P&O Eden next April, no discounts. What they offered was same cabin, no need to pack, leave everything on board during changeover day, we just need to 'log off and log back on' and will be given priority for that as well.

I have noticed on HAL that if they are selling a cruise B2B, eg South Pacific and New Zealand, even though it can be booked as 2 different cruises, there is a discount. But this is only for cruises that they are selling as such, not if you just decide to put two cruises together yourself.

• 2 years later...

We have done several B2B cruises with Princess and have another couple coming up in May/June, Scandinavia/Baltics, Sapphire Princess. No discount for B2B you pay what is on the screen.:(

As for other cruise lines, not done B2B's with them.

A 49 night cruise with Princess (around South America) was cheaper when we booked it as three segments, partly because we got the Elite discount on each one. We saved $600 pp, chose our cabin and specified 'no upgrade'. I wouldn't expect a discount by booking a B2B, however, a discount can be negotiated on nearly any cruise. The $20 discount was probably offered as a goodwill gesture, not as a discount for B2B.