San Jose to San Fran transportation ideas

ehobbs1970

We are flying into San Jose to visit family before our cruise. Any ideas on the best way to get from SJ to San Fran? I know its random but thought i would ask here and cross fingers

The fastest would be rent a car and drive . Other options are the commuter train, Public bus or shuttle if available.

Check to see if there is a shuttle to San Fran Airport and then take the shared shuttle to the pier.

I live in San Jose and have lived in San Francisco as well (not San Fran or Frisco, please :) Much depends on where exactly you'll be going to in the City (yup, that's what we say!) and what part of SJ you'll be coming from. Can you be more specific?

We are flying into San Jose to visit family before our cruise. Any ideas on the best way to get from SJ to San Fran? I know its random but thought i would ask here and cross fingers

Would your family consider driving you? One more hour of visiting and after they drop you off at the pier they can stay for lunch. Another option would be to just order a car service.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I forgot to add, while in California do what California's do best. Drive everywhere, I'm just as guilty as the other guy. Just yesterday I left my home in Napa drove to SJ for lunch with friends then to SF for the Giants game. Back to Napa this morning then back to the east bay tomorrow for Easter brunch with family. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I live in San Jose and have lived in San Francisco as well (not San Fran or Frisco, please :) Much depends on where exactly you'll be going to in the City (yup, that's what we say!) and what part of SJ you'll be coming from. Can you be more specific?

Hello RPV - Thank you so much for your help here. We will be coming from Sunnyvale (El Camino and Old San Francisco Way) and going to Pier 2 in San Francisco for our cruise.

I cant even find a shuttle service that will do this trek.

Hello RPV - Thank you so much for your help here. We will be coming from Sunnyvale (El Camino and Old San Francisco Way) and going to Pier 2 in San Francisco for our cruise.

I cant even find a shuttle service that will do this trek.

I used a private transfer last year to go from Morgan Hill to Pier 35 for a cruise.

There were four of us, plus luggage, and we needed an SUV. We paid $200 plus

20% gratuity ($40). We will be using the same service going from SFO to Morgan

Hill. For a sedan (probably Town Car) we will be paying $105 plus 20% gratuity ($21).

The contact is adolfoslimo.com, if you're interested.

I used a private transfer last year to go from Morgan Hill to Pier 35 for a cruise.

There were four of us, plus luggage, and we needed an SUV. We paid $200 plus

20% gratuity ($40). We will be using the same service going from SFO to Morgan

Hill. For a sedan (probably Town Car) we will be paying $105 plus 20% gratuity ($21).

The contact is adolfoslimo.com, if you're interested.

hey that worked out well kruise - adolfo quoted me a total of 156. that is about the same if i rent a car for the whole trip but i hate what happens dropping car in san fran near pier. its a hassle. drop of mom and she has to deal with boarding etc solo. she could wait for me with the luggage but that isnt fair. last year hubbie had to drop us we boarded and then he dropped car and returned in taxi. but with 2 people only would be harder. hmmm unless maybe i use enterprise and they can pick it up. something to research but now i have atleast 1 option i didnt have before