Ncl Epic coming back to Usa

Orleanscruiser

from Ncl press release

After more than a year in Europe, Norwegian Epic will return to Florida in November 2016 and will become the line's largest ship to homeport from Port Canaveral. Norwegian will offer Freestyle Cruising at its finest aboard Norwegian Epic with a series of Eastern and Western Caribbean and Bahamas itineraries ranging in length from three, four, six and seven days?a sure opportunity to fit any schedule or itinerary preference.

Norwegian Epic's seven-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary will be a beach-lover's paradise with stops in Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Guests can choose to soak-up the sun or opt for an adventurous land-based activity on Norwegian Epic's Western Caribbean itinerary, featuring stops in Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Norwegian Epic will offer guests who may not have the time to get away for a week-long vacation the perfect opportunity for a quick escape in January and March 2017 with three- and four-day Bahamas itineraries with stops in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay.

from Ncl press release

After more than a year in Europe, Norwegian Epic will return to Florida in November 2016 and will become the line's largest ship to homeport from Port Canaveral. Norwegian will offer Freestyle Cruising at its finest aboard Norwegian Epic with a series of Eastern and Western Caribbean and Bahamas itineraries ranging in length from three, four, six and seven days?a sure opportunity to fit any schedule or itinerary preference.

Norwegian Epic's seven-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary will be a beach-lover's paradise with stops in Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Guests can choose to soak-up the sun or opt for an adventurous land-based activity on Norwegian Epic's Western Caribbean itinerary, featuring stops in Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Norwegian Epic will offer guests who may not have the time to get away for a week-long vacation the perfect opportunity for a quick escape in January and March 2017 with three- and four-day Bahamas itineraries with stops in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay.

That *is* good news. I wanted them to put a big ship in PC. DCL and RCCL have more competition now. More competition, better for the consumer.

from Ncl press release

This is great news for me! I wanted to sail Epic, but NCL moved her to Europe. Now I can try out the Epic and drive to Pt. Canaveral to do so! :D

Edited by Niquein99

So with Epic moving to Port Canaveral and Jade moving to Tampa, where are Spirit and Star going? Rumor was that Star was going to Asia. Does that mean Spirit is going to Houston?

I'm excited about whatever the new itineraries/announcements will be. I like having more options, and the larger ships out of east coast ports definitely makes my travel easier and lest costly.

So with Epic moving to Port Canaveral and Jade moving to Tampa, where are Spirit and Star going? Rumor was that Star was going to Asia. Does that mean Spirit is going to Houston?

I'm excited about whatever the new itineraries/announcements will be. I like having more options, and the larger ships out of east coast ports definitely makes my travel easier and lest costly.

Spirit returns to Europe year round. Star is going to Asia and Australia!

http://www.ncl.com/asia-and-australia-sailings

I'm super excited to be able to combine a Universal (Harry Potter!) vacation with a sailing on Epic. This is great news all the way around. At least we're getting something for all our increased fees! :p

Will the Star continue to do summertime Northern European itineraries? Asia and Australia hold little appeal, unless NCL does them as cold weather itineraries (and I don't know if that's at all possible).

It seems like the Sun was up in the air, too. Any word on her?

ETA: It's a little clearer now that I've read the press release, but NCL doesn't specifically address Northern Europe, or which ship is going to sail the expanded South American itineraries.

Edited by buckirj1

Spirit returns to Europe year round. Star is going to Asia and Australia!

http://www.ncl.com/asia-and-australia-sailings

I'm super excited to be able to combine a Universal (Harry Potter!) vacation with a sailing on Epic. This is great news all the way around. At least we're getting something for all our increased fees! :p

I my excitement I forgot the increases:mad: Anyhow, I'll be 40 minutes from the port now and can drive there. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone run across a schedule for when the Epic will be doing Western/Eastern cruises? My husband loves the Epic and it thinking of booking when it opens up, but I really am not interested in doing the Eastern itinerary.

I also curious what the prices will be compared to the Getaway/Escape.

Check the press release its all in there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No...the information I want is not there, unless there is another press release floating around.

I want to know if the information has been released that gives the week-by-weeks schedule of where the ship is going (when will it be doing Eastern and when will it be doing Western). I know there are week-long Eastern and Western cruises and then shorter cruises are also being offered. I can read that. But I want to know if anyone has details yet...or where those details are located.

Has anyone run across a schedule for when the Epic will be doing Western/Eastern cruises? My husband loves the Epic and it thinking of booking when it opens up, but I really am not interested in doing the Eastern itinerary.

I also curious what the prices will be compared to the Getaway/Escape.

Supposed to be released on August 24, the 17th if your's got cancelled in the shuffle.

Supposed to be released on August 24, the 17th if your's got cancelled in the shuffle.

Thanks...I was just hoping that more information had leaked out before then. :D I think we will end up deciding between the Getaway and the Epic. I really am not interested in doing the Eastern itinerary two years in a row, so if the Epic is heading East, I might have to convince my husband to give the Getaway a try.