The Retreat on Britannia

Johnno3c

Could any past cruisers who have had Suites tell me if you get access to the above area complementary or do you still have to pay the cover charge? I am staying in a B4 grade stateroom.

One other question, is there a restaurant for use by Suite guests only?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nope, you need to pay like everyone else - just another revenue stream - I think it was 220GBP/pp for our Caribbean cruise last year, you couldn't just get single days and sea days were a definite no no.

Unfortunately you will have to suffer the MDR but you do get an uplift for breakfast, that's about it.

You need to cruise with Celebrity to get any meaningful perks that benefit suite passengers.

Nope, you need to pay like everyone else - just another revenue stream - I think it was 220GBP/pp for our Caribbean cruise last year, you couldn't just get single days and sea days were a definite no no.

Unfortunately you will have to suffer the MDR but you do get an uplift for breakfast, that's about it.

You need to cruise with Celebrity to get any meaningful perks that benefit suite passengers.

Or Cunard

Could any past cruisers who have had Suites tell me if you get access to the above area complementary or do you still have to pay the cover charge? I am staying in a B4 grade stateroom.

One other question, is there a restaurant for use by Suite guests only?

Thanks in advance.

As a previous poster has said, you do have to pay to get into The Retreat.

However, if you are on Britannia, you do get to have breakfast in The Epicurean Restaurant if you wish. Highly recommended! :)

On Arcadia you can now have it in Ocean Grill; on Aurora in The Glass House; on Oceana in part of the MDR, and on Azura/Ventura in the Epicurean.

Maybe this will change as I believe they are looking at benefits and will be making some announcements after the world cruises - I can live in hope anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you're right. This would be very welcome! [emoji3]

If you have a suite why would you need to use The Retreat when you have a large balcony?

Don't think they are that large. :). :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Looking over the back of Britannia they looked a fair size to me but you wouldn't get the sun all day but then you wouldn't in the Retreat either.

With the exception of a couple on B deck midships (I believe?), the suite balconies on Britannia are long and narrow. Whilst I never decline a balcony, I think they are very disappointing. It's the main reason why Britannia is not, and never will be, my favourite :(.

If you have a suite why would you need to use The Retreat when you have a large balcony?

This would be because not all Suites have deep balconies.

The ones overlooking the wake are deeper, especially the ones on B deck, with the other decks being less deep, but still deeper than the Suites situated on the sides of the ship. These are a lot less deep, although they are double the width of normal sized cabins.

The ambiance you get from being in The Retreat is 'slightly' different. Yes, a Suite balcony is bigger by definition, but on P&O ships you do not get a jacuzzi or beautiful deeply upholstered loungers on them, and, although you do have the use of a Butler, he is not as on-hand as the attendants that are based in The Retreat.

Apart from that there's no difference.

Unfortunately our Suite is on the side so not as deep as the stern or bow area of the ship.

getting a day pass in the retreat is a very rare event on britannia the retreat is usually sold out on the first day on cruises to warmer climates

it cost us ?420 for the 2 of us for two weeks in december.We considered it worth every penny. Fantastic loungers attentive staff and nicely exclusive.

We bought a two week pass for our cruise last year. Was well worth it. Very relaxing. Unlike the serenity pool, it didn't feel crowded when full. Most of the time we had the hot tubs to ourselves, as most people were happy to sun bathe. The attendant was very nice as well.

We also enjoyed the afternoon tea that's put out as well. Only complaint was that people still reserved loungers. Queued up at 9 to reserve theirs, but didn't don't turn up until much later in the day.

We have used the Retreat on three cruises now, all for the full duration of the cruises. We consider it worth the money. Although chris11246 experienced the lounge bookers P&O only sell as many passes as there are loungers so although you may not like the ones "free" when you go to the retreat there is always space. Also we have found usage varies and sometimes it is hardly used at all. Our next cruise is 17 nights on Arcadia and we are going to miss the private club feel of The Retreat!

• 3 weeks later...

As a first time cruiser I'm presuming on port days I'll be off the ship on excursions or just visiting the port. Next years Caribbean itinerary states there are 4 sea days, does that mean I'm looking at the cost for the retreat as approx £100 per day?

Another question regarding the Retreat... If I board on the second day and choose to do the end two days in Barbados instead of the beginning of the cruise, will all the retreat passes be sold or does P&O reserve some passes for those people that embark on the second day?

Another question regarding the Retreat... If I board on the second day and choose to do the end two days in Barbados instead of the beginning of the cruise, will all the retreat passes be sold or does P&O reserve some passes for those people that embark on the second day?

We were on Britannia about 3 years ago. At that time they didn't start selling any Retreat spaces from the SPA until after safety drill .We thought we were quick off the mark after the drill but there was a large queue and didn't get the days of our choice when we arrived..:(

In our case we enquired about pricing on the first evening. We didn't have time before safety drill as we had a 15:30 boarding time. There wasn't a queue though, we walked straight up.

But when we purchased the following morning, the hadn't sold a great deal. I remember seeing the list, they had probably sold about 3/4 passes before us. I think it depends on your cruise.

We sailed on Brittania on the New Year Cruise in Caribbean and we booked a spa package about 3 months before we sailed. This cost about £350 per person but included 2 spa treatments each and five retreat passes and five hydro/sauna passes and also 9 passes for fitness classes. when you book the package you will be contacted by a concierge from the spa who will arrange in advance your retreat bookings. We used these on the sea days and a day where we only had a morning excursion in Dominica so went to retreat afterwards. I know it's expensive but it saves a lot of hassle and you also get the spa treatments and use of the spa facilities which all adds up.