Port Hole Room

baldman70

I was wondering if anyone enjoyed the port hole rooms...Is the room smaller than the norm(we are used to oceanview or balcony). I have gone to cruise rooms dot com no pictures also I am looking for any pictures of port hole rooms.:D

Thanks

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=Baldman70&date=3-23-2012&text=Cruising is better than working&ship=Carnival Fantasy

I am actually booked in a PH cabin for my upcoming cruise, but I'm not sure if it is the size of an inside or an OV. An inside is usually a bit smaller than an OV, but for some reason I'm thinking that the location of the PH cabins sometimes makes them an odd size. I'm sure someone on here will be able to say for sure. I was just happy to find an inside price for a cabin with some windows!

Having stayed in an inside cabin and enjoyed the benefits of a dark room when napping or sleeping, I don't think I would pay extra for PH rooms. I most likely will always book balconies now, but in the instance where money became an issue, I would opt for the cheaper inside over a slightly higher PH.

We just booked a PH on Triumph, great value as the room is as big as an OV, but you just pay Inside price. These pics are from our PH room M24 on Ecstasy:

SDC11224_1100x778.jpg

SDC11220_1100x778.jpg

SDC11093_1100x778.jpg

SDC11090_1100x778.jpg

SDC11088_1100x778.jpg

This last photo shows how the light from the portholes is plenty enough to brighten up the room.

We had an OV on the Inspiration but some roll call friends had a PT. They showed us their cabin and wow, I swear it was larger than our OV.

I have read that some of the PT cabins are slightly larger than others. I don't know if this is true or not but it sure appeared that way to me.

We have stayed in a port hole room before and had no problems at all. We prefer the cat 4J rooms, but if money is an issue, I would choose a PT cabin. You get lots of natural light from those windows and the price is great!

We usually do balcony/suites. We did a Porhole on Imagination this fall since it was only a 4 nighter before a 7 nighter we had booked with a balcony. The room was fine. Actually pretty large as it was forward on Empress. For 4 nights (and $179pp) it was fine. I would not want one for any longer though, and we did miss our balcony.

I was recently in an inside cabin and swore I wouldn't get anything less than an OV again. I just missed the natural light being in the inside cabin. I would definitely consider a PT cabin. I don't sit and look out the window much, but having the ability to look out and get the sunlight into the room is a real positive for me. Nancy

Having stayed in an inside cabin and enjoyed the benefits of a dark room when napping or sleeping, I don't think I would pay extra for PH rooms. I most likely will always book balconies now, but in the instance where money became an issue, I would opt for the cheaper inside over a slightly higher PH.

We book early and never pay any extra for the porthole cabins. I love the dark also and the portholes have a hard cover that makes it as dark as a regular inside. We love them-booked them on our next two cruises as did our close friends we are traveling with. You hear some noises(not bad) when you come into ports but other than that, they are the best!!

Crusing on the elation in Feb and booked a porthole. Love how dark it gets for sleeping but nice daylight when windows are open. Same price as inside room. The hallways are not as loud as it's the front of the ship. Had a porthole on the Freedom last Jan and the 4 of us (two adult kids) had plenty of room.

Crusing on the elation in Feb and booked a porthole. Love how dark it gets for sleeping but nice daylight when windows are open. Same price as inside room. The hallways are not as loud as it's the front of the ship. Had a porthole on the Freedom last Jan and the 4 of us (two adult kids) had plenty of room.

Totally agree.

I sailed solo in a PH room on the Triumph in October. Was a bit smaller than a regular cabin and only had one bed - but it was perfect for me and less expensive than an inside cabin. The bathroom was the same size as the balcony cabin I had on the Triumph last week.

Edited by DorothyB