Port Hole Room

baldman70

I almost booked through American discount cruises to get th3 $25 OBC but changed my mind in the end.. Saw a video on youtube that showed room 2221 (I booked 2220) and it looks spacious!

I think you made the right choice, that $12.50 pp isn't worth taking an inferior location or room. It looks great!

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

I think you made the right choice, that $12.50 pp isn't worth taking an inferior location or room. It looks great!

Ya we are really excited. Interior room with a mini view/sky light thing?! lol..anyway, cant wait for our first cruise!

We had cabin 1220 on the Conquest and loved it! It had two twins beds made into a king and a couch. It is 220 sq. ft. which is quite a bit larger than an inside or oceanview cabin which are only 185 sq. ft. Would definitely book this room again in a heartbeat! Super Spacious!!

Just for future reference, is the disadvantage to the Riviera deck the waves, or is that just near the bow? I know someone said that you want cabins below you, which would give the main deck the advantage as you suggest.

I think I'm going to book straight through Carnival next time and avoid all the nonsense. It seems that some cabins are unavailable outside of Carnival's website...

I am not sure about the waves on Riviera. I have not been that far forward on a fantasy class ship. On Dream, we could hear the waves and the anchor when it was dropped (rare), but neither bothered us. I think the last PT on the main deck should be ideal.

In the case of Carnival, we always book through a PVP now. I don't know if it has changed again, but last year they said TA's can no longer give you incentives. I have learned here on CC that the large companies do group bookings in order to get you OBC, but then they only have that block of rooms available.

I was wondering if anyone enjoyed the port hole rooms...Is the room smaller than the norm(we are used to oceanview or balcony). I have gone to cruise rooms dot com no pictures also I am looking for any pictures of port hole rooms.:D

Thanks

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=Baldman70&date=3-23-2012&text=Cruising is better than working&ship=Carnival Fantasy

A port hole room is certainly better than having no natural light at all. Never had one, but have been in one. We happened to like the full window well where the two of us could lie comfortable watching the sea go by, while enjoying a refreshment.

Balcony ships burst that bubble for us.

I am not sure about the waves on Riviera. I have not been that far forward on a fantasy class ship. On Dream, we could hear the waves and the anchor when it was dropped (rare), but neither bothered us. I think the last PT on the main deck should be ideal.

In the case of Carnival, we always book through a PVP now. I don't know if it has changed again, but last year they said TA's can no longer give you incentives. I have learned here on CC that the large companies do group bookings in order to get you OBC, but then they only have that block of rooms available.

Makes sense, thanks for the info. We'll probably end up doing the Bahamas and Catalina via Carnival, especially out of California where we can drive to on our off cruise years, so we'll have many opportunities to try the Riviera and Main deck both. :)

We have had a port hole room, balcony, and interior...The balcony was obviously bigger and all but we realized when it came down to it, it doesn't make much of a difference to us. We are rarely in our room during the day, and just sleep in it at night so as long as the basics are there we don't feel the need to spend the extra money on something we consider unneccessary.

P H cabins can be a great deal.

Off topic but I wonder why 4 adults will share a cabin rather then each couple getting a lower priced cabin like a P H.

Also off topic but nice to see you back Sargent Schultz (and also Firefly). :)

They are not back :(, those post were from 2012. To bad because both had a lot of info to share.

Did the porthole once and will never again

Our cruise was quite rough and being that far forward was sickening with the ship movement. I've never gotten sick on board but this time I got quite nauseated lol

View was lovely but not for me

I enjoyed mine on Freedom. it was on the main deck, I did hear the waves crashing on the bow some nights, but it didnt bother me.

I tried to post a pic, but it didnt work. But I guess enough pics already posted. I really have to learn how to put photos in, then, maybe I can try doing a review some day.

Edited by SMSACE6

They are not back :(, those post were from 2012. To bad because both had a lot of info to share.
OMG I Didn't notice this was an old thread.:o

Yes I miss them . Sad how they were chased off along with a certain host. :mad:

We have had a port hole room, balcony, and interior...The balcony was obviously bigger and all but we realized when it came down to it, it doesn't make much of a difference to us. We are rarely in our room during the day, and just sleep in it at night so as long as the basics are there we don't feel the need to spend the extra money on something we consider unneccessary.

I payed $300 pp for a balcony on our first cruise, a good price but we we didn't use it enough to justify a nearly double priced cruise. There are some Holland American itineraries that look attractive, and we would probably get our money's worth, spending more time in our cabin. For now I'm just as happy to get an inexpensive upgrade, makes the room more welcoming just knowing it's there, and you get your money's worth no matter how little time you spend there ;)

I've sailed in these rooms 3 times now and they are small and cramped and dark and you don't want to book them! :eek:

Well, ok, not on a cruise I want to take... :p :D :p

OK, so i need another cup of coffee....took me a min till i realized the sarcasm....lol. Nice....i have a PH cabin booked on the Valor in 4 weeks! Cant wait!

• 5 years later...