She's always cold

pokerguy90

My wife is always cold. Do the ships stay on the warmer or cool side, especially at night?

Thanks.

If she is always cold, she will find the public areas of the ship cold. (Restaurants, bars, comedy club, theater)

I am not always cold, but purchased a sweatshirt in the gift shop. I recommend lightweight long sleeves or light cardigan for night time entertainment.

The room can vary, but it's easy to throw on an extra blanket if needed.

My wife is always cold. Do the ships stay on the warmer or cool side, especially at night?

Thanks.

Every ship we've ever been on has been meat-locker cold inside. Why IDK. I can understand it being that way in the theater because the performers really work up a sweat on stage. We learned after our first cruise to just bring hoodies and I usually bring at least one or two of my favorite shawls so I'm not freezing to death.

Starting a few years ago, I think all ships have not been kept as cold as they used to be to save energy. In the past I would always have to wear a sweater or wrap in the public areas because it was so cold. Now I find I can wear sleeveless tops and not need anything else to be comfortable.

I find cabins hot. I bring a fan and sleep in shorts no blanket. My wife next to me has on layers. Socks, sweat pants, t shirt, sweat shirt, asks the steward for an extra blanket; she's under a sheet and two blankets.

Go figure

I learned after my first cruise to always pack a light blanket. I take it to all the shows. In fact, I had someone offer me $ for it one time because the lounge was so cold. If your wife is always cold... take a sweatshirt, jacket, and a blanket. A large beach towel also works, but bulkier than the small blanket I take.

I am always cold. DH is always hot. On cruises I pack layers, especially for at night as the MDR, clubs, theater are always cold to ME, not to DH. He is just right in these areas. I have never been in a HOT room. I have always found our rooms to be too cold, which is why I try to book balconies. DH likes taking a nap in the cold room, I head out for the warmth of balcony, where the ocean normally lulls me to sleep. I usually don't have an issue at night as the blankets keep me warm enough.