Just off the Constellation

JRYMCMB

Can you tell me what sort of plug sockets are in the cabins?

And is there a hairdryer in the cabin?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjacent to the dressing table (to the left) is a panel with light switches and two regular 115v electrical outlets. There is also a European 210. You can get a plug in converter to turn that into a 115v to get three outlets. Travel stores have them.

Yes there is a hair dryer and a plug over the sink for electric razor only. I've never used it.

We bring a 115v 3 way splitter to get three 115's from one 115 outlet. Never had it taken by security. We've also gotten a small 115v power strip by security on multiple occasions. The only thing we plug in to these things are phones/iPads. Very low voltage draws.

Thanks for this - excuse the stupid question, but the regular 115v outlets you refer to, they're American, right? (We're from the UK you see!)

Yes there is a Shaver outlet in the bathroom (do an image search Shaver Outlet Celebrity Cruise) and by the desk are American plugs.

Thanks for this - excuse the stupid question, but the regular 115v outlets you refer to, they're American, right? (We're from the UK you see!)

The two 115 v outlets are American and the 220v outlet is a European outlet. If you want to use your UK 220v appliances you will need a UK/European adaptor or a UK/ USA adaptor if your appliances are 110/220 v compatible

We are looking at sailing on this ship the last week in March. My husband is 35 and I am 28. We've never cruised Celebrity before, just Carnival. I know Carnival is more party central and it's spring break season which we want to avoid the crazy party crowd. I've heard that Celebrity the average age is 40-50ish. Is this accurate? We don't mind, but don't want to feel out of place or anything! :)

Not sure the length of the cruise you are talking, the longer the older the crowd but I would say it's more like 65-78 ish on longer cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
And wow, what an amazing ship, we found the ocean view a bit disappointing so we upgraded to a Concierge Class cabin while onboard. The food, the staff and the ship itself were wonderful, as a first time cruiser with Celebrity I would definitely book with them again.

My only disappointment was the weather in Key West which was clearly beyond the control of anyone, and still managed to enjoy the sun for a few hours from the Balcony :)

I will post a few pics once I get everything transferred from my phone :)

Enjoying your posts. Did you happen to frequent the Bistro on 5?? How was the selections, is there a cost associated. TY

Enjoying your posts. Did you happen to frequent the Bistro on 5?? How was the selections, is there a cost associated. TY

We were just on the Constellation 2 weeks ago. We did go to Bistro on 5. The menu was fairly limited, but the food was good. The cost was $10.00pp. Service was very slow, especially considering we were one of 2 couples in there at the time.

All through the cruise there was never more than 4 people eating there, and most of those people were Celebrity Staff.

I can understand why Celebrity is making changes and doing away with Bistro on 5. We enjoyed it, and thought it was worth the $10.00, but it has to cost them more to have it open than it brings in in revenue.

We were just on the Constellation 2 weeks ago. We did go to Bistro on 5. The menu was fairly limited, but the food was good. The cost was $10.00pp. Service was very slow, especially considering we were one of 2 couples in there at the time.

All through the cruise there was never more than 4 people eating there, and most of those people were Celebrity Staff.

I can understand why Celebrity is making changes and doing away with Bistro on 5. We enjoyed it, and thought it was worth the $10.00, but it has to cost them more to have it open than it brings in in revenue.

This has been our experience both times we dined in Bistro on Five (Summit and Eclipse). I can't imagine how slow the service would be if the place were full!

Thank you for your timely reply, good information.

Art

Not sure the length of the cruise you are talking, the longer the older the crowd but I would say it's more like 65-78 ish on longer cruises.

Not sure what you mean by longer cruise, but we've taken a number of 12-14 day cruises and while we do see people in that age group I'd personally say the avg is 45-60. Obviuosly it will vary by destination and time of year. I've sailed Holland and I wouldn't say the avg was even that old.

I am sure you will get some Spring Breakers on your cruise.

We're cruising in March with family and my nephews are on Spring Break (in NY) and there are a bunch of kids from my nieces dancing school also on Spring Break.

Also there is a big NY Jets group on the same cruise.

If you are not part of this group..be forewarned. A large group like this will likely impact the use of various areas of the ship during your cruise.

Our first cruise (on HAL) had a large group of St Louis Cardninals fans and it was very intrusive.

Not sure what you mean by longer cruise, but we've taken a number of 12-14 day cruises and while we do see people in that age group I'd personally say the avg is 45-60. Obviuosly it will vary by destination and time of year. I've sailed Holland and I wouldn't say the avg was even that old.

We've sailed Holland a couple times and we were forever dodging scooters and walkers. Definitely a much older group on Holland. 1, 7 day cruise and 1, 11 day cruise same age groups.

We're cruising in March with family and my nephews are on Spring Break (in NY) and there are a bunch of kids from my nieces dancing school also on Spring Break.

How big of a NY Jets group can that be, they only have what, 3 or 4 fans. Just kidding,