Gratuity

fred 15

I guess the question is this: if gratuities were not prepaid, how much would you tip?

The same

We have been on cruises where we did not get the PPG

we left the auto gratuity in place & tipped extra to those we chose

If you do not want to tip extra it is your personal choice no one is going to run after you when leaving the ship

but the people who do not tip are usually flying down your case for saying that you tip.

Like a bunch of posters said, this is a personal choice.

Check and see what the regular gratuity is and go from there.

On the butler, we always tip very well.

Always give extra to the room steward as well, not as much.

Yet another tipping thread. What a surprise!

The correct answer is that there is absolutely no requirement to provide extra gratuities and there is no wrong answer to whether you should or not. Nor is there a "standard" if you choose to do so. It's totally your choice and whether you do it or not (and to whom and in what amounts if you do) is NOBODY'S BUSINESS but your own.

If you're lucky/successful enough to cruise a luxury line, you should be able to decide for yourself and not seek/require guidance or approval from anyone else (except maybe your spouse).

It pretty much boils down to whether doing it makes you feel like a better person. It's a personal decision which, I say again, is no one else's business or concern.

Just sayin'.

Edited by Ka Honu

It pretty much boils down to whether doing it makes you feel like a better person. It's a personal decision which, I say again, is no one else's business or concern.

A charming sentiment, and one that is very often repeated, but I do think that the person who does or does not receive said gratuity might also have just a little concern over it. ;)

A charming sentiment, and one that is very often repeated, but I do think that the person who does or does not receive said gratuity might also have just a little concern over it. ;)

Good point - not surprising since Stan & Jim come up with the best/most appropriate response pretty much all the time.