Quick platinum question

herewego

On the tier benefits it list a "Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine" as well as a free bag of laundry. My question is since two of the three of us traveling are at the platinum level, does that mean we would have 2 dinners and two bags of laundry? Thanks

On the tier benefits it list a "Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine" as well as a free bag of laundry. My question is since two of the three of us traveling are at the platinum level, does that mean we would have 2 dinners and two bags of laundry? Thanks

Yes! :D

The above list is for EACH platinum person. But it is one per cabin for the box of candy and champagne.

Thanks for the quick responses. We are taking our son (college age) and wondered if we could use them both for one dinner for the three of us? We just assumed we would pay for him.

So excited to be cruising again after a LONG 18 months with no cruise planning!

Thanks for the quick responses. We are taking our son (college age) and wondered if we could use them both for one dinner for the three of us? We just assumed we would pay for him.

Your son could even invite along a new "friend" to use all 4 free dinners. :)

You can absolutely do this . . . but then you'd "waste" the fourth meal. But really - it's Freestyle, so you get to do whatever you want! :D

And you don't have to use both at Cagneys. Me and my DH are both platinum and we travel with our son who is still a minor. One night we will do LeBistro and pay for him and another night we will do Moderno with the other certificate and pay for him again

So wait, you don't have to use this deal at Le Bistro? You can use it at any of the specialty restaurants? What about La Cucino or Tepanyaki? I guess I didn't realize that you could use it somewhere else. :confused:

So wait, you don't have to use this deal at Le Bistro? You can use it at any of the specialty restaurants? What about La Cucino or Tepanyaki? I guess I didn't realize that you could use it somewhere else. :confused:

You can use it at any restaurant with a cover charge of $20 or less per person so that includes Le Bistro, Moderno, & La Cucina, but not Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Ocean Blue or any of the ala carte places such as Raw Bar, Wasabi or Noodle Bar. Hope that helps!

You can use it at any restaurant with a cover charge of $20 or less per person so that includes Le Bistro, Moderno, & La Cucina, but not Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Ocean Blue or any of the ala carte places such as Raw Bar, Wasabi or Noodle Bar. Hope that helps!

That's awesome to know. So is it a coupon they give you in your room that you take with you? Or is the cost just applied to your onboard account? Too bad they don't let you pay the extra on top of the $20 to go to somewhere like Teppanyaki. :cool:

That's awesome to know. So is it a coupon they give you in your room that you take with you? Or is the cost just applied to your onboard account? Too bad they don't let you pay the extra on top of the $20 to go to somewhere like Teppanyaki. :cool:

Yes, it is a coupon that will be in your room and you take it with you and present it when you get there. You also get a bottle of wine with each dinner for two. I don't drink wine and DH only does occasionally so we just ordered bottles of wine that we knew our friend would enjoy who we met for a couple days after our cruise.

That varies by the ship. There have been at least three different variations of the voucher that we have gotten on different ships. The wording has been different on each and allowed restaurants were different on two of them.

Very recently one CC member reported here that for the first time (for them) Moderno wasn't on the list of allowed replacement restaurants listed in the voucher.

That varies by the ship. There have been at least three different variations of the voucher that we have gotten on different ships. The wording has been different on each and allowed restaurants were different on two of them.

Very recently one CC member reported here that for the first time (for them) Moderno wasn't on the list of allowed replacement restaurants listed in the voucher.

And please allow me to confirm that...I was the poster who reported that on my 12/1 Gem cruise the voucher did not permit use in Moderno. It named La Cucina and Orchid Garden as the permissible substitutes for Le Bistro.

And please allow me to confirm that...I was the poster who reported that on my 12/1 Gem cruise the voucher did not permit use in Moderno. It named La Cucina and Orchid Garden as the permissible substitutes for Le Bistro.

Oh my, that would be a disappointment! We used it in Moderno on both Breakaway & Epic, but I wasn't Platinum yet when we sailed Gem so can't compare experience there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My DH and I are both platinum. We know we will both receive a certificate for a free dinner (at the listed restaurants). Thats 2 meals free. How do I make reservations online before my cruise to book the times we want and not pay!?

If we wait to make our dining reservations onboard, we might not get the evening and times we want due to all other passengers booking theirs reservations ahead of time.

Yes, it is a coupon that will be in your room and you take it with you and present it when you get there. You also get a bottle of wine with each dinner for two. I don't drink wine and DH only does occasionally so we just ordered bottles of wine that we knew our friend would enjoy who we met for a couple days after our cruise.

So they also allow you to pick what type of wine as well? I assume it comes with a certain $$ amount on it as well? I need to do some wine tasting and find one I like...since that hasn't happened yet. :p

And three weeks ago on the Dawn the coupon allowed any restaurant $20 or less, including Moderno (we went twice).

Which proves the point already made...that the free dinner coupon can vary from ship to ship. The same goes for the free laundry offer...sometimes I've been able to use it once on a cruise only on the "fill-the-bag" special day, sometimes one time on any day of the cruise, and sometimes multiple free laundries were allowed on the cruise.

Edited by njhorseman

So they also allow you to pick what type of wine as well? I assume it comes with a certain $$ amount on it as well? I need to do some wine tasting and find one I like...since that hasn't happened yet. :p

There's a special wine list used just for complimentary dinners.

Edited by njhorseman

There's a Comp. Wine list which is pre-determined.

In our experience we found that they'd allow the substitution of 2 cocktails rather than the bottle of wine. Once, they made the mistake of giving us 2 cocktails EACH instead.... that was a good trip! :D

My DH and I are both platinum. We know we will both receive a certificate for a free dinner (at the listed restaurants). Thats 2 meals free. How do I make reservations online before my cruise to book the times we want and not pay!?

If we wait to make our dining reservations onboard, we might not get the evening and times we want due to all other passengers booking theirs reservations ahead of time.

You can't pre-book without prepaying (unless you are in a suite, in which case you can possibly make reservations/requests through the pre-cruise concierge desk).

If you book within the first few hours after getting onboard, you can almost always get your desired times - only a portition of tables are available for prebookings, so majority of bookings are made onboard.

Edited by Demonyte

How does the free dinner work if you already have the UDP? Will they credit your account for the $40 or do you just miss out? I will be Platinum on our cruise in November but have the new wave promo so the Le Bistro dinner won't be needed. Does anyone have any experience with this?

How does the free dinner work if you already have the UDP? Will they credit your account for the $40 or do you just miss out? I will be Platinum on our cruise in November but have the new wave promo so the Le Bistro dinner won't be needed. Does anyone have any experience with this?

If you had paid separately for the UDP you would have received a $20 discount on its price as a Platinum member, as (partial) compensation for already being entitled to a dinner for two in Le Bistro.

Since you have the UDP as part of a promotional package and didn't pay anything for it you're not going to get anything back.

Edited by njhorseman

WE had purchased the UDP and are platinum, no discount on the package. We did receive the vouchers in our cabin and treated traveling companions to the dinners

Chris