Minneapolis airport help needed -

DakotahSD

Our flights in MSP has a layover of only 27 minutes; we arrive at Gate A? and depart out of Gate F?. Could not be farther apart if we planned it.

We have requested an electric cart (via our travel agent) but any other tips or assistance would be very appreciated.

Cannot miss our Alaska cruise out of Vancouver!

Not a legal connection. MCT for DL-DL connections at MSP is 30 minutes. More info needed.

Did your flight details change? DL may have changed them and the system didn't catch the timing.

Also, now do you know gates on A and F?

Without any further details, you should contact DL and get a new set of flights. Providing us with actual dates, cities, times and flight numbers is always helpful in providing an answer.

I'm sorry I fibbed it's 33 minutes (we arr. at 6:27 AM and depart at 7:00 AM) So we are legal.

It is tight. When I lived in Saskatoon, I did do 30 min connections in MSP coming off a domestic US onto a Canadian flight (YXE). I also missed a number of them usually if I was coming from a major US city (SFO or JFK) where the inbound was usually late.

If you do miss the connection there are several other flights on Delta either direct or connecting in Salt Lake City or Seattle. They could fly you into Calgary on Delta with a connection onto WestJet. Being creative Delta from MSP flies into a number of smaller Western Canada cities that have connecting WestJet flights.

The good part is Delta is responsible to make it work even if Delta needs to put you on another airline to do it. The bad part is it is probably summer and many of the flights are full.

Is this the set of flights and times you originally booked or did (assuming) Delta change them to these times? Either way I would call the airline and try to get them changed. I don't have much experience with Delta, but American and United have always been helpful with me when needing/wanting to change to a longer layover to make the connection easier.

We have requested an electric cart (via our travel agent) but any other tips or assistance would be very appreciated.

NO NO NO

Do not request through your travel agent unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure that they will have that arranged. Far far better for you to contact DL about this directly and be assured that it is in the reservation.

Even given that, you may or may not have someone there waiting for you. Quite possibly, given what I've seen around MSP, are the usual inter-concourse golf carts with the concourses on a sign by the driver.

Cannot miss our Alaska cruise out of Vancouver!

It's a bit late to pose this question now, but why did you book such a short connect? Seems you could have gone ABR-MSP-YVR with only one connect and a healthy non-worry connect time. Or even a later flight to SEA. Let me guess - either cruiseline air or flying in day of cruise.

I have often arrived MSP early am on red eyes from SFO and carts are plentiful with drivers stopping to ask travelers if they would like a ride. That said, I would not rely on your TA to make the arrangements. Calling Delta, as has been suggested, is preferable. I have also seen gate agents call for carts. If your arriving flight is on a regional you may have to gate check carry on luggage. Waiting for it to be brought up to the jet way can eat up precious time.

Not sure how you know your arrival and departure concourses. For example, Delta uses more than those 2. Hopefully your arriving flight will be early, a cart will be waiting and you will arrive in YVR as planned.

Not sure how you know your arrival and departure concourses. For example, Delta uses more than those 2.

Arriving flight from ABR is on a CRJ, so those operate from A or B. Departing to SEA is a 737. When the SEA flight is a 757, it often leaves from either the far end of F or somewhere on G. 737 operations can be on any of the other concourses (C, D, F or G).

Arriving flight from ABR is on a CRJ, so those operate from A or B. Departing to SEA is a 737. When the SEA flight is a 757, it often leaves from either the far end of F or somewhere on G. 737 operations can be on any of the other concourses (C, D, F or G).

I should have addressed that question to the OP. Hope they realize that gate changes are always a reality. Also, if an RJ, given the time constraints, OP may want to avoid carrying on anything that will need to be gate checked.

If you do miss the connection there are several other flights on Delta either direct or connecting in Salt Lake City or Seattle.

The good part is Delta is responsible to make it work even if Delta needs to put you on another airline to do it. The bad part is it is probably summer and many of the flights are full.

If the OP is flying in the day of the cruise and misses the connection, the OP is probably up the river without a paddle. As em-sk says, later flights that day may well be full, and they won't bump a confirmed pax to reaccommodate one that missed a connection, no matter what the consequences (missed cruise, missed wedding, missed job interview, whatever.)

As for it being Delta's responsibility, Delta is only responsible for getting the OP to the destination airport at some point, NOT ensuring that the OP makes it to the cruise on time. Delta only interlines with one other domestic airline these days, and if the missed connection was in any way due to weather or something else out of the airline's control, they don't owe the OP anything.

As all our flights are through Delta (3) and they will get us to Vancouver some time and some how, I'm fine with that. We requested an electric cart. Or if that falls through; we will take the tram to the other side of the airport and grab an electric cart there (hopefully).

Quick note about the cruise connection.- we are flying in 2 days ahead. And as to why we booked so tight; it was a change by Delta. And our little podunk town doesn't have a lot of options. Appreciate the info and suggestions. I'm going to need a toddy or two when we get to Vancouver.

Quick note about the cruise connection.- we are flying in 2 days ahead. And as to why we booked so tight; it was a change by Delta. And our little podunk town doesn't have a lot of options. Appreciate the info and suggestions. I'm going to need a toddy or two when we get to Vancouver.

Thanks for coming back and updating us. Wishing you a stress free, amazing cruise.