Dancing with the Stars Fall 2014 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

You could tell Alfonso was really hurting in the first dance (he was moving like Tommy) but he seemed a little looser in the second.

I did not like Erin's dress at all. It wasn't real flattering and did not like the cut.

Julianne's dress --- I like that color but not on that dress. I liked the beading on the bodice and the cap sleeves. Couldn't see much of the skirt.

I liked what I could see of Carrie Ann's dress.

Really liked the midnight blue color of Witney's dress in the second dance.

Totally agree with the outcome.

I totally agree with the outcome too.

I didn't mind Erin's dress, but once again very plain and solid-colored. I guess that's just her style, but just once I'd like to see something a little more out there, fluffy, fancy, ball-gownish, fun.

I didn't really notice the other dresses much, but did not like Julieanne's hair--it made her head look square. Braids across the front of the head seemed like a theme, as several others had them.

The final four are all great dancers, so probably it will come down to popularity.

Nothing anyone wore offended me, lol, so I guess that's good. Julianne's hair was interesting anyway, haven't really seen that for awhile.

So happy that poor Alfonso didn't have to drop out. And so happy Tommy's finally gone. (Sorry if I'm giving the ending away for those who haven't watched yet. I usually peak ahead anyway but was able to watch the entire show last night as I'm on vacation this week.)

Edited by Sandy Sails

Erin finally wore a gown! Too bad it was really ugly. :) Maybe she should stick with pantsuits after all.

My first thought when I saw Julianne was "What is on her head???" Then Whitney had the same hair style. Not a fan of the big braid headbands.

Fortunately, the dancing was better than the style this week. I felt really bad for Alfonso but he seemed much less stiff the second dance. I guess Whitney had to cut out a lot of the lifts and things but he still looked good.

My favorite dance was Bethany's contemporary.

While I thought Tommy was fun to watch, I am glad he was eliminated and didn't take out another good dancer. The remaining couples all score so closely that it will be a popularity contest now.I was wondering who has the largest fan base. I am thinking that the pros all have their own fan base as well as the stars.

I thought Julieanne's hair looked ridiculous....just my opinion.

I agree about Tommy. I really liked him but it wasn't right for him to stay in the competition while better dancers went home. The airplane dance last week was ridiculous - he sat in a chair most of the time then got up and swiveled his hips once. :eek: I'm glad he at least got to go home on a good dance this week. I noticed the judges were mostly praising Peta in their comments. :)

Peta made the comments about how thrilled she was to have made so many cuts because she thought they would have been voted out in the first weeks. I wonder if the dancers are paid according to how many weeks they stay in the competition.

Peta made the comments about how thrilled she was to have made so many cuts because she thought they would have been voted out in the first weeks. I wonder if the dancers are paid according to how many weeks they stay in the competition.

Well, they are all competitive ballroom dancers, so I think that pride comes first for them. I was very happy to see Tommy go home.

And I did a double-take on Julianne's hair. Having two tones didn't help. :eek:

I like Erin's dress tonight. It's a bit "Judy Jetson" with the round silver trim and it fits her really well.

Love Tom jumping on the bed with all the young "Annie" dancers.

I saw the elimination tonight, but I wanted to tape the later show because I just figured out that I never saw Sadie and Mark's freestyle. I think it got lost when the show was cut into for the Ferguson shooting indictment/no indictment announcement. Can't find it on a channel I get later, so I guess I'll find it on facebook tomorrow.

Don't forget to watch the final show tomorrow (Tuesday) night!

Edited by KandCsailing

Finally Erin had a dress with a nice color and a little bling. She has the body to carry off that ultra form-fitting dress.

Carrie Ann's dress seemed to be a tad snug when she stood up and it looked as if the back was a different color (at the shoulder seams).

Julianne's dress was OK but again looked a little snug around the top. Didn't see the rest of the dress. Her hair was better than some weeks.

I thought everyone did a great job tonight but Alfonso continues to be my favorite.

Well, I guess Derick won't be getting yet another mirror ball this year, yay. I actually wouldn't mind if Janel won just so Val could finally win.

I'll watch the 2nd half of last night's show tonight. Had to go to bed at 9 p.m. to get up early this morning. Can't wait to see the free style dances - my favorite!

As soon as Bethany danced free style I was hoping they would be the ones kicked off. Then the judges raved about it and I didn't see what they did.

I'm rooting for Alfonso since he's been a fan of the show and wanted to do it for 10 years.

I like Sadie over Janel, but Val over Mark, so my second choice is conflicted.

Still have to see Sadie's freestyle online. My Mom's internet went down today.

Sorry if my typing is off. I'm in a KFC with bad lighting before volleyball.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Edited by KandCsailing

I liked Erin's dress too--still very simple, but with a little bling. I didn't like Carrie Anne's dress, so-so on Juliannes. Many of the dresses seem too tight.

I like all the dancers remaining and can't really pick--maybe Sadie because she was truly a novice while Alphonso for sure has had lots of dance experience; not sure about Janel. I would like Val to win, though.

I will be fine with whoever wins as they are all very good.

I liked Erin's dress on her. She definitely will only wear uncluttered styles.

Carrie Ann's was a nice classic ballgown, which I just wish had been in something other than black.

I'm totally in love with Julianne's sheer gown with the yellow flowers or petals all over it. I liked her messy bob hair with it also.

Loved Allison and her husband Twitch together. I don't watch So You Think You Can Dance so I looked them up online after.

DWTS: LIVE! Tour is in Niagara Falls, NY on Dec. 27. Less than 2 hours from home. I think I'll look up tickets and see how much they go for because I don't know if I would ever get on one of their cruises.

Although I haven't watched the finale yet, I did peak to see who won. Honestly, this was such a fantastic season (even if we didn't know who most of these "stars" are), any of the final 4 could have won and deserved it. But I'm so happy that Alfonso won! He really deserved it, especially dancing while injured. Yay.

Thoughts - some people didn't bother to watch the show this season because they didn't know who most of the stars are. I personally don't think that's the point of this show. They're taking sort of known people and teaching them how to dance. The show is about the journey. We get to know who these people are throughout the season and it's just so much fun!

I've watched every season - sometimes there's a frontrunner from the get-go. So it's not as exciting because it's just so obvious who's going to win. This year, nobody was a shoe-in because there were so many great dancers, which made it so much better to watch.

This was my first season watching and I really enjoyed it. I think part of the reason was because I loved watching the dancing on my last cruise. Most evenings I would watch on my way to dinner and on the way back.

Although I hadn't watched before I had read the list of "stars" each season and, just like this season, there were quite a few that I had never heard of before (actually there are still a few from this season that I am not sure what they do to be called a "star").

When they showed the eliminated dancers I have to admit I had forgotten some of them! It also made me wonder (again) how Tommy stayed in so long!

It is too bad there is not an award for "Most Amazing Progress". Sadie was fantastic and supposedly had never danced before. She was awesome!

I definitely think the best dancer won. When he danced the first week (and as I recall he danced last) he was so much better than the others.

Photos of Julianne's gown.

Not as much texture as I thought I saw on my tv. Almost more like a flocked lace.

I still love it.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2014/11/26/julianne-hough-style-dwts-finale-yellow-naeem-khan-dress/

The first time I saw it the flowers looked more three dimensional. I like a little train-like length in the back but in that first picture it looks like it trails the ground all the way around. That would be a major trip factor for me!:eek: