Dancing with the Stars Fall 2014 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

She was fun to watch, but yeah, no way she could or should win. I also think she looked so much better with the more age-appropriate (that is, grown-up) make-up and hair than her usual six-year-old style. She wasn't the worst dancer last week though!

Don't you wish sometimes Erin would have a really beautiful gown--it wouldn't have to be frilly and girly, but maybe a pretty empire waist with some embellishment, flowy and not skin- tight? I wonder if she chooses her own looks.

switch ups next week:

The Pairs

•Jonathan Bennett and Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Jitterbug

•Tommy Chong and Emma Slater dancing the Mambo

•Bethany Mota and Mark Ballas dancing Hip-Hop

•Janel Parrish and Artem Chigvintsev dancing Burlesque

•Alfonso Ribeiro and Cheryl Burke dancing Flamenco

•Sadie Robertson and Derek Hough dancing the Charleston

•Antonio Sabato Jr. and Allison Holker dancing Bollywood

•Lea Thompson and Val Chmerkovskiy dancing Broadway

•Michael Waltrip and Witney Carson dancing Disco

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/news/updates/10092014-fall-2014-switch-up-pairs-announced

switch ups next week:

The Pairs

•Jonathan Bennett and Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Jitterbug

•Tommy Chong and Emma Slater dancing the Mambo

•Bethany Mota and Mark Ballas dancing Hip-Hop

•Janel Parrish and Artem Chigvintsev dancing Burlesque

•Alfonso Ribeiro and Cheryl Burke dancing Flamenco

•Sadie Robertson and Derek Hough dancing the Charleston

•Antonio Sabato Jr. and Allison Holker dancing Bollywood

•Lea Thompson and Val Chmerkovskiy dancing Broadway

•Michael Waltrip and Witney Carson dancing Disco

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/news/updates/10092014-fall-2014-switch-up-pairs-announced

Why is that Mark and Derek always switch partners?

Burlesque? Oh my!;)

Not sure how this will work on a family show. I saw some couple burlesque on youtube for France's Got Talent and they pretty much just took off each others clothing, but seem to have made it to at least the semi-final.

Why is that Mark and Derek always switch partners?

Burlesque? Oh my!;)

Not sure how this will work on a family show. I saw some couple burlesque on youtube for France's Got Talent and they pretty much just took off each others clothing, but seem to have made it to at least the semi-final.

Well, these are the choices the viewers who voted supposedly made. :rolleyes:

Yea, the burlesque made me go :eek::D:o - perhaps a large fan or set of feathers will be involved. :confused: Glad Sadie didn't get that one!

I thought all the ladies looked really nice tonight.

Wasn't crazy about how high the sheer part was up Erin's dress' skirt, but it was pretty. Carrie Ann's was different with the gold leaves and I loved the blue colour and the cut of Julianne's on her. Jessie J's red dress was classy too.

I liked all their hair also.

Sadie was the most amazing dancer for me tonight. That style really suited her.

I enjoyed Lea and Val too. It was fun and a bit wacky.

Alfonso and Tommy didn't seem as strong as usual for me.

I think Julianne's hair looked better than in previous weeks.

Erin's dresses (except for that nude colored thing) would likely be nicer looking in person but they tend to fade into the background on TV.

Alfonso, Sadie, and Lea are my favorites. I like Michael but he can't dance very well.

I liked Erin's hair and the top part of her dress--not too fond of the bottom. My husband thought it looked like a gunny sack! I'd like to see her in a flowy empire waist gown sometime.

Julianne finally looked good--better hair, better dress. Voting was pretty harsh, although probably accurate for Michael and Tommy at least--not sure why Tommy got better scores, he was just terrible. I thought there should have been a few 10's, at least.

Does 'real' ball room dance have these super sexy and bump and grind moves going on? It seems like we see more and more dances every year that look like they belong in a strip club, especially the troupe.

Latin dances are sexier than all the other real ballroom dances. I used to watch the ballroom competitions on PBS, and as the years went by, the Latin dances, and their costumes, got more provocative.

Loved Alphonso and Lea. Hated the burlesque dance---it had no basis in real burlesque routines. Personally, I found it too raunchy for a show like this. Sadie looks to me like a high school girl doing cheerleading routines. Not horrible, but not great.

Agree about the bottom of Erin's dress. The top had leather and the bottom was a too-long strip of lace. It looked like two different dresses stuck together. Very weird! Definitely the best look for Julianne so far.

My favorite dances were Alfonso, Lea and Bethany. I thought Bethany's hip hop was cute and she was better than Janel this week. Jonathan was really bad. I was with Jessie J on her comments about being nervous the whole time. Peeta was lucky she didn't get hurt.

I have to agree with Julianne about the burlesque routine lacking. I think she knows her stuff there out of all the judges since she was in the movie Burlesque with Christina A and Cher, and it had a lot of coreography. Not a great movie but I liked it.

I wish Len had been there to judge this week.

The US version of DWTS is totally tame compared to some other countries. Some get almost naked.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Finally watched the show last night. Hated Erin's dress - everything about it. The top with that sheer thing where it didn't belong, and the lacy sheer stripes on the bottom. But her hair was fab. Julianne's hair looked fab also.

Wasn't my favorite episode: grumpy judges, nobody looked like they were having a great time. No elimination. Hoping next week is more fun.

I was perplexed at why they did not eliminate someone this week:confused:

I did like Julieanne's look this week, and I also thought that Erin looked good.

I would predict that the race car drive will be the next to go......

I did like Julieanne's look this week, and I also thought that Erin looked good.

He SHOULD be the next to go, but I have a feeling that the big NASCAR fanbase will keep him around a lot longer than he deserves.

I have a feeling that Antonio will be the next to go (or maybe Tommy Chong). I do think that Antonio was a bit unfairly underscored because Bollywood is a heck of a lot harder than a lot of the styles that others were given.

Based on their dancing abilities I think Tommy or Michael should be next but who knows what their fans will do.

My feeling why nobody got eliminated was because of the substitute partner. Not saying that any of the pros would do this but a "star" could be thrown under the bus to help the pro's regular partner.

I have a feeling that Antonio will be the next to go (or maybe Tommy Chong). I do think that Antonio was a bit unfairly underscored because Bollywood is a heck of a lot harder than a lot of the styles that others were given.

Jessie J's 6 didn't help.

He SHOULD be the next to go, but I have a feeling that the big NASCAR fanbase will keep him around a lot longer than he deserves.

The judges didn't seem to take into account how some routines had a lot of challenging content, while others (Tommy) mostly just stood in one place while their partner danced around them. Shouldn't they get some respect for the difficulty of the routine, even if not done perfectly?

It should be either Michael or Tommy, but 'should' doesn't always happen on this show.

It's hard when there all so many different dances and you can't compare them side by side.

The only other bollywood I know was Gilles and Pita from another season and his was amazing,

I think Johnathan might go.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

You probably already know this but I figured it should be "documented" here, lol.

Cheryl Burke says this is probably her last season, she's ready to move on.

Erin is taking time off to work the World Series so Leah Remini will be co-hosting in her place.

Thoughts? Reactions? Anybody really care? :D