Dancing with the Stars Fall 2014 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

I know! They only showed the first hour. Maybe I can find the other half online.

I don't watch it anymore but I do know you definitely should be able

to find it on line......most shows are on the computer nowadays:)

Just not liking the whole process this season. Why do some of the dancers have backup dancers? Shouldn't it just be the two dancers?

Julianne is a massive fail as a judge, both in her appearance (bad dress and hair) and in her demeanor when critiquing. She low balls those who she doesn't like, regardless of the effort. This show long ago stopped being about the best dancer, and more about entertainment, so she needs to lighten up.

Don't care for Erin's dress tonight. Nice color on her, but that's about all.

Edited by cruisead

I agree that Erin's dress was not impressive. Very blah.

I'm new to DWTS so a couple of questions....

How do they decide the order in which the couples dance each week?

Does the professional dancer decide what type of dance they do each week? Are they limited to how many times they can do a certain style?

I did not really like Julianne's hair but it was an improvement over last week.

Thought that Sadie's dress was cute on her.

Hi all!

I can't find the show tonight, is it on? I see it later at 11:00 pm but not at the usual 8:00 pm.

I can't find it at all tonight. I checked my satellite provider online and I don't have any of the channels that list the show.

Guess I'll try to watch online in a couple days.

I liked Erin's dress fine--nothing spectacular, but she apparently isn't that type. I liked her hair too.

I don't get Julianne's hair and dresses either--if she has a stylist they should be fired. Her hair was better than last week, but that's not saying much. I also don't like her judging style.

Some pretty overblown scores for certain 'favorites', and some great scores for some great dancing. Even the judges seem blinded by certain people's personas.

I am confused as to how it worked tonight. Wasn't someone eliminated last Tuesday? Maybe they explained this and I missed it, but eliminating someone tonight means, really, two were eliminated from last week's dances.

I must be missing something.

I am confused as to how it worked tonight. Wasn't someone eliminated last Tuesday? Maybe they explained this and I missed it, but eliminating someone tonight means, really, two were eliminated from last week's dances.

I must be missing something.

I didn't watch Tuesday's show. Were the public asked to vote again for those who were left? Or was the losing couple chosen by last Monday's voting plus tonight's scores? Very confused.

Right before the results were announced Tom B. recognized the band, I looked away and then heard people booing. What did I miss?

Tom did say something about the band and the audience booed. I don't know if it was because of the bad music that doesn't match the dance or because of Derek, I don't know. But even Erin said it was getting rough out there.

I'm getting sick of the Derek Love Fest on this show. Heck, they even bring on Gene Kelly's widow for him? That's a bit much. But everyone is always kissing Derek's behind over everything he does. He and his partner did not deserve the scores they got because she just basically stood there while he danced around.

No way did Janel and Bethany deserve their high scores. And I think Julianne is an ageist because she scores the older dancers much lower. No way did Betsy deserve the 6 that Julianne gave her. Heck, for a woman her age to do flips and a split, that deserved a 9 just for that.

I felt sorry for Val and Janel because they had to totally change their routine and only had two days to practice. I'm guessing that's why they got such high scores---a pity vote. But it was awful of the owners of the rights to West Side Story to change their mind on the choreography and not allow them to do anything that even remotely resembled the dance in the movie. Pretty low brow for the Robbins family.

The show is down to one night a week now but not sure how they determined who was going home. I'll miss Randy, he's pretty amusing.

I didn't watch the show last night but I did tune in at the beginning to see Erin's dress. The usual plain one-color but it was pretty on her. Her hair was nice with the side ponytail but it was covering the top of her dress so couldn't see much of that part.

Hope to see some of the show tonight or tomorrow night. Busy busy. :eek:

They aren't doing the Tues night shows already? I missed out last night. Too many shows on Monday, at the same time! I hate flipping through Big Bang, Gotham, and Dancing. No tivo for me.

Yep, our DVR is chock-full on Mondays--we can't record everything we want.

Still don't get how the elimination worked this week.

Julianne does seem to have an agenda sometimes. But, I have thought the older dancers have been overscored at times, just because of age. Yes, sometimes the things they do are good for their age, but still not that great compared to some of the others. I don't like sympathy votes.

I thought the West Side Story rules were ridiculous, but liked the dance they did. I'm not too sure about those 10's for either dancer, though, last night.

A friend of mine thinks that the YouTube girl either has a great agent or the show is fixed somehow. I watched a few of her dances and I think I have to agree. She's not that good. But she has a huge fan base that I'm sure is voting for her. I think Janel is way better dancer and I think she is going to win, even though I personally like Carlton. (I still call him Carlton, Alfonzo is hard for me to type.)

I'm glad they're back to the once-a-week format. Two shows was just too much filler.

I thought Erin looked really pretty this week. I loved her hair, makeup and earrings. Her dress was kind of plain though.

I haven't figured out Julianne's style. She went from barely clothed to school marm-ish. At least her boobs weren't popping out this time.

Speaking of boobs, it seemed to me that Lea seemed worried about having a costume malfunction. I think maybe that's why she didn't do as well. I did agree with the judge that said her head was too forward. I noticed that last week too but when the judges didn't say anything, I thought maybe that was normal for the jive.

I liked Alfonso's dance except I didn't get the ending. It didn't gel with the ballroom dancing.

I felt bad for Randy, having to dance first twice. I think that gave him a disadvantage. He's a better dancer than some of the others that are left.

Agree that Bethany was overscored. Janel was much better.

I liked the way that Erin looked on Monday, and also thought that Julieanne looked a bit better, but she needs some makeup to put some color in her face. She seems so bland.

I have been enjoying this group of dancers, but was constantly channel surfing to try and keep up with the programs on other stations.

Right before the results were announced Tom B. recognized the band, I looked away and then heard people booing. What did I miss?

I wondered if it was because he didn't have time to let Bruno talk.

Erin's dress is just plain bad. The nude color does nothing for her and its way too tight

Major love for Alphonso.

I didn't mind Erin's dress. Still not a fan of cutouts though on anything but a bathing suit.

Alphonso was great. They made the "Carlton" look good together.

I loved Julianne's yellow dress last night with the big flower at the neck.

Edited by KandCsailing

Erin's dress is just plain bad. The nude color does nothing for her and its way too tight

Major love for Alphonso.

I agree--hated the bland color, hated the style and the fit. I did like her hair though. Just once I'd like to see her in something a little more dressy/feminine.