Dancing with the Stars Fall 2014 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

I enjoyed watching all the dancers last night. Even if they weren't the highest scoring, they still had great music and costumes. It will be interesting now to see just how big the fan base vote is. Michael scored the lowest, but there are probably more NASCAR fans than anything else....except maybe AARP:eek: So, if you get those fan bases voting, we may see some better dancers get eliminated.

Edited by CAC104

I thought Carrie Ann and Julianne both looked great. Julianne's green dress was very flattering and her hair was under control. I liked the blue and silver on Carrie Ann's dress. I just think Erin's style is way too casual for the setting. A jumpsuit? :confused:

The judges have been really harsh on Antonio the past few weeks so I wasn't totally surprised. But it should have been Michael. I wish people would vote based on the dancing. It gets to be painful watching people trying to do things that are far beyond their capabilities. And the judges have to be honest but it seems cruel.

The Itsy Bitsy dance was fantastic.

I finally watched the whole show.

I liked Erin's jumpsuit with the one sheer shoulder and the metal belt.

Julianne's green dress looked comfortable and I loved the colour.

Carrie Ann's was interesting with the sheer and metallic accents.

I think my favourite dance was Sadie and Mark's. I don't know about content, but it was entertaining and I loved the end where she got pulled in to the graveyard by the other zombies.

Bethany and Derek's drumming dance didn't do much for me. I think I was more interested in the drumming than the dancing.

Isn't it funny that Janel wanted to dance to the theme song for Pretty Little Liars when it's an ABC family show. :rolleyes:

I liked everyone's dresses last night.

Nice to be able to see the full length of Carrie Ann and Julianne's when they walked in at the beginning.

Thought the Jane Gown in the Tarzan dance was really pretty.

Val's Romeo and Juliet dance was pretty, but I really have not warmed up to Janel.

Val looks totally different when he shaves. I like stubble Val best.

Liked the dresses last night, except for Erin's shear hemline area.

So glad Michael was eliminated. Finally! He seems like a nice guy and he tries, but he was awful - painful to watch.

Agree that Val looks better with the stubble.

How many more weeks til the end? I think I'm going to miss it, as we will be cruising starting Nov 23. I guess we will have to PVR it.

Agree, all the women looked very nice last night. Wasn't sure about Erin's sheer part at the bottom but it grew on me because the rest of it was so nice.

I haven't watched the final 3 dances yet but did peak online to see who was eliminated (being on the West Coast, it's easy to peak ahead). So glad the worst dancer is finally gone, even if he is really likeable. That happens every year though.

I read that the producers are afraid that Lea and Sadie might be voted out too soon (i.e. before Michael and Tommy), so they came up with the idea of the best scorer having immunity and the rest having a dance off. Hmmm. That just adds more work for the dancers to come up with another dance.

I really liked the top of Erin's dress but haven't become a fan of that long sheer over a shorter portion. I was out and missed the first hour and a half. I have to go back to see the dances and outfits I missed. In the dance-off it looked like that gold piece had been hastily added to the back of Sadie's dress to make Dad happy.

I liked the dresses too--all but the sheer bottom of Erin's dress. I don't like the way the dance-off worked out because Tommy gets those three extra points and couples like Sadie and Lea didn't; he is so bad it actually made me laugh last night; I do know he had an injury, but still... I'm afraid with the extra points he will stay on and a more deserving dancer go home.

The right person definitely went home, although it was a toss-up between him and Tommy. I'm still not sure who Janel is--Pretty Little Liars? I thought their dance was fantastic.

I think this was my favorite dress on Erin. Her ponytail hair was a little casual, but she looked nice. I'm glad I got to see all of Carrie Ann's gown. It was very pretty and flattering. It would definitely make a beautiful cruise formal dress.

Poor Alfonso, getting stuck on the zip line! And then they brought a too-short ladder. That must have been a little freaky. I didn't see any harness or safety wires but I can't imagine they'd let someone zip line on the show without any safety equipment.

I liked Sadie and Mark's dance the best. Is it just me or did Janel get overscored? Maybe it's because I didn't recognize the music and the phone kept ringing while I was trying to watch it and I'm not a huge fan of contemporary anyway. But I didn't think it was that great.

I finally watched what I had missed Monday. I really liked Carrie Ann's dress. Julianne has gone back to the "messy hair" look. I did like the top of her dress.

Didn't look like Tommy's dance was noticeably better than Michael's although he got a higher score.

That was totally wrong! Tommy barely moves and he is safe from the start. :confused::confused::confused: Ugh!

Erin's jumpsuit was a nice color but it needed some kind of accessory to make it pop.

I agree on both.

Sadie and Alfonso's trio dances were my favorites of the night. I also really liked her jive.

I wanted Erin to have a flashy chain belt and/or big earrings.

Julianne could have used larger earrings also. I didn't think she had any on at first. I don't think stark white is a good colour on her. The dress stood out more than her.

Carrie Ann's dress front looked interesting. I'll see if I can find a full length photo online.

What a travesty--the judges give Tommy 7's for doing practically nothing and fawn all over him. The one kicked off probably was not going to win, but was so much better than Tommy it's laughable. Some of the judges gave that several people only 1 more point than he got on some of his dances! He even got an 8! Really?

Loved Sadie and Janel's dances, especially, thought they were all very good except of course for Tommy. I mean, I get that he is 76, but I bet he doesn't want the pity vote.

I missed the very beginning of the show so didn't get a good look at the judge's and Erin's dresses. I liked the color of Erin's, but it looks almost identical to most of her other styles. More sporty than elegant, which I guess is her.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I missed the very beginning of the show so didn't get a good look at the judge's and Erin's dresses. I liked the color of Erin's, but it looks almost identical to most of her other styles. More sporty than elegant, which I guess is her.

I saw the judges already seated in the beginning and Erin's was a jumpsuit.

I agree, Erin's red jumpsuit needed a belt. But then again, her previous black jumpsuit had a belt so maybe she wanted this one to look different.

Very disappointed that Tommy made it to the semi finals. I guess Lea wasn't going to win anyway but still, she's so much better than Tommy.

I actually like all of the rest in the semi finals. It's a good season, I don't think anyone is a lock on being the winner.

Julianne's People magazine blog where she talks about what she wears each week.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/category/celebs/julianne-hough/

Carrie Ann is blogging on Parade's web page again. She mentions her fashion credits at the bottom of each week's blog.

http://parade.com/member/carrieanninaba/

Julianne's People magazine blog where she talks about what she wears each week.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/category/celebs/julianne-hough/

Carrie Ann is blogging on Parade's web page again. She mentions her fashion credits at the bottom of each week's blog.

http://parade.com/member/carrieanninaba/

Julianne's week 8 dress should have stopped above her knees. The top was rather nice looking but that last mesh and ruffled part:eek::eek::eek:.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/alfonso-ribeiro-may-forced-leave-dancing-stars-191900654.html

Oh no, say it ain't so! Alfonso is injured (back) and may not be able to dance on Monday night. He's my favorite! :(

I heard this on Entertainment Tonight. He is my favorite as well and to my untrained eye, appears to be the best dancer.