Dancing with the Stars Fall 2014 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

You probably already know this but I figured it should be "documented" here, lol.

Cheryl Burke says this is probably her last season, she's ready to move on.

Erin is taking time off to work the World Series so Leah Remini will be co-hosting in her place.

Thoughts? Reactions? Anybody really care? :D

I will miss Cheryl but understand her decision if she pursues something else. It will be an opportunity for another pro.

I think Erin is a really busy person!

You probably already know this but I figured it should be "documented" here, lol.

Cheryl Burke says this is probably her last season, she's ready to move on.

Erin is taking time off to work the World Series so Leah Remini will be co-hosting in her place.

Thoughts? Reactions? Anybody really care? :D

Makes sense, I saw Erin working a game one day.

Not really a Leah fan. She's okay, but I'd rather have Drew Lachey do it again. Hopefully she has some nice gowns.

Yikes! Tonight's show will be replaced with football! We haven't found an alternate channel. Anyone else suffer this fate? Anyone else find a solution?

I'm not home to check yet...thanks for the heads up.

Maybe I'll be watching next weekend again.

Sorry, but I don't like viewers voting. If someone is just plain terrible but they have a big fan base, they end up staying longer than they ever should. Tonight is a prime example.

However, in the end, most often the winner is the one who deserves to win. :) It's just painful to watch some of them.:eek::D

Sorry, but I don't like viewers voting. If someone is just plain terrible but they have a big fan base, they end up staying longer than they ever should. Tonight is a prime example.

However, in the end, most often the winner is the one who deserves to win. :) It's just painful to watch some of them.:eek::D

I really agree, especially certain fan bases voting just because they like a sport, or a performer, or whatever.

However, I'm not sure having just the judges vote is much better, because they often very clearly have prejudices for/against certain people that is not just based on dancing. If everyone would just vote for who they honestly think is best and not on sentimentality or popularity, I'd be much happier.

Usually at least one of the best dancers wins--not always the best, but at least someone who is very good.

Leah's dress at least had a little sparkle to it although the dark color made it hard to see it too well.

I wasn't impressed by the dress or her last night. It did seem to fit well for what I could see.

Thought Carrie Ann and Julianne both looked nice.

I didn't like Bethany and Derek's tango, although the judges loved it.

I am a bit disappointed in who when home even though it was who I guessed.

He did really well keeping up with the pro last night.

Did Pitbull sing last night and I somehow missed it or did he just judge?

(full disclaimer: I'm a Pitbull fan and over 40.)

Leah's dress was just so-so; way too tight, she looked uncomfortable. She was a little over the top in her interviewing, but I think that's just her normal personality. Once again Julianne looked better than those first few weeks.

The person who went home was certainly not the worst dancer; wasn't going to win anyway, but at least two others were much worse. Remember that they were scored on last week's dancing.

Several people did step it up this time, even though the reason a couple looked better was much easier choreography, I think.

Is Cheryl Thai or part Thai? I hope her father is doing well.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

Cheryl was born in San Francisco, her father is of Irish and Russian descent and her mother is Filipina. I don't know if her Dad lives in Thailand full time or if he was on vacation.

People's online article made me laugh with this statement.

"– which included a stellar appearance by Leah Remini as a guest host –"

http://www.people.com/article/dwts-elimination-october-20

Did Pitbull sing last night and I somehow missed it or did he just judge?

(full disclaimer: I'm a Pitbull fan and over 40.)

OK, very strange. I posted an answer and it disappeared somewhere.:confused:

Second try:

Pitbull sang at the very beginning (although I fast forwarded through it). I have to admit I had never heard of him before.

I agree that there are at least two dancers worse than the one voted off.

Pitbull sang at the very beginning (although I fast forwarded through it). I have to admit I had never heard of him before.

Thanks I checked my PVR and watched him perform. Don't really like that song.

Saw a better shot of Leah's gown and it was too tight all over! Must have been at least one size too small.

Thanks I checked my PVR and watched him perform. Don't really like that song.

Saw a better shot of Leah's gown and it was too tight all over! Must have been at least one size too small.

She borrowed it from Brooke's collection of one size too small gowns.:p:D

Interesting to watch Leah as co-host, with her too tight in the tummy dress. I really like her though, in a ballsy way. I prefer Erin but hey, she's busy!

Julianne's dress didn't have a back :eek:, lol. I liked CarryAnn's dress. Doesn't Cheryl Burke look alot thinner this year? Too bad about her dad.

The dancing was great this week. I guess it was time for Jonathan to go, he was never going to get to the top anyway. I liked him, even if he was a bit odd (in a funny way).

Glad Len will be back judging next week.

Edited by Sandy Sails

I'm very glad Len will be back--the voice of reason. I noticed Julianne's backless dress too.

I think it's going to be tough figuring out who the best dancer is--there are several that are close. It will probably come down to popularity. Let's hope the two 'old' guys don't make it much farther just because of their fan base.

I wonder if one of the reasons that Jonathan didn't get enough votes is perhaps because Allison is a brand-new pro and doesn't yet have a really strong following with the voting fans? I think that sometimes the pro has an effect on the voting as well as the "star".

I wonder if one of the reasons that Jonathan didn't get enough votes is perhaps because Allison is a brand-new pro and doesn't yet have a really strong following with the voting fans? I think that sometimes the pro has an effect on the voting as well as the "star".

That could have an effect. Also, I really don't know who he is, other than what they have said on the show (Mean girls, etc.) And, to me at least, his facial expressions and strange eye googling are a little off-putting.

I wonder if that many people really know who he is and what he does. He may not have much of fan base.

That could have an effect. Also, I really don't know who he is, other than what they have said on the show (Mean girls, etc.) And, to me at least, his facial expressions and strange eye googling are a little off-putting.

I wonder if that many people really know who he is and what he does. He may not have much of fan base.

I have no idea who he is. He wasn't a great dancer but definitely not the worst.

If your TV is from Pittsburgh, WTAE will show it at 1:30am.

No way I would stay up to 1:30am to watch DWTS;):D

I agree about the fan base keeping a lot of people in the contest. Car racing has devoted fans and a lot of them, so does the AARP and a lot of the older women really like Chong.

I liked her jump suit too--it suited her and is something that might work well on a cruise, with the right body type.

Not happy about who went home, but it's no wonder as that person always seemed to be scored low by the judges, especially compared to a couple of the really bad ones.

Michael's dance was possibly one of the worst I have seen, all time, on DWTS.

I loved some of the productions of the dances last night, but the judges seemed testy; I understand though that some of the dances were not true to their style, as in the waltz.