Priceline 4* Downtown Miami 1/12/08

fridaythe13th

If you're not finding any winning bids yet, go to the individual hotel sites to see if there is availibility on the night you need. That will give you the going rate and then start at about a third off. Remember that Jan and Feb are PRIME cruise months and the "deals" won't be available as they are in the fall. I'd book a cancelable res now somewhere, and then you'll have time to hunt for bargains.

We have booked a post cruise night on the 12th of Jan. The hotels were quite booked when we made our res way back in late spring. You'll need to hunt. Good luck.

I have looked on bidding for travel already but did not find an answer. What price has been accepted for 4* Downtown Miami 1/12/08?

Also if you have bid 3* Downtown what hotel did you get for what price?

Thanks

IMO, It’s still a little early for Jan 12 on Priceline for a 4*. Not that I haven’t tried…I’m trying for the same night as well. I’ve bid up to $105 for a 4*…but nothing yet. Hotwire has been offering the Intercontinental for $206 on some days, and the Hyatt for $236 or $244 on other days. (The IC has the Laundry service) When their price drops, I will try again.

I’m going to be patient, but the $45 that 'Willsma' got the Radisson for is a good deal.

IMO, It’s still a little early for Jan 12 on Priceline for a 4*. Not that I haven’t tried…I’m trying for the same night as well. I’ve bid up to $105 for a 4*…but nothing yet. Hotwire has been offering the Intercontinental for $206 on some days, and the Hyatt for $236 or $244 on other days. (The IC has the Laundry service) When their price drops, I will try again.

I’m going to be patient, but the $45 that 'Willsma' got the Radisson for is a good deal.

That's a BIG help, thanks. I will let you know if and when I get the 4*. I should probably book a back up just in case. I also didn't realize the prices on Hotwire change like that.

Do you know what 3* hotels are on the list?

I got the Hyatt for $150, and I bid for it way back in March! I got concerned because I tried to get a reservation at the Holiday Inn Bayside, and it was full already -- 11 months out (the nice reservation agent for HI stayed on the phone with me for quite some time trying to find out what was going on in Miami that weekend -- he never could). That's when I decided to give Priceline a try for the first time. I'm sold. And, I'll book early next time, too.

I got the Hyatt for $150, and I bid for it way back in March! I got concerned because I tried to get a reservation at the Holiday Inn Bayside, and it was full already -- 11 months out (the nice reservation agent for HI stayed on the phone with me for quite some time trying to find out what was going on in Miami that weekend -- he never could). That's when I decided to give Priceline a try for the first time. I'm sold. And, I'll book early next time, too.

Well, I think that I can tell you what is going on. To go along with the all of the ships going out on Sunday...the Lakers are in town :) The HI Bayside is only .1 miles away from the arena.

Aha! Looks like I lucked out with the Hyatt, then. I have been a little concerend about the Hyatt, but I just read several posts that made me relax.

I would like to get the Hyatt. I hate waiting the three days between bids. I guess I just either need to bid around $150 or go down to a 3* for less. The 3* hotels seem like pretty decent ones too. Not sure what to start bidding at for a 3*. Any idea?

Thanks

I would like to get the Hyatt. I hate waiting the three days between bids. I guess I just either need to bid around $150 or go down to a 3* for less. The 3* hotels seem like pretty decent ones too. Not sure what to start bidding at for a 3*. Any idea?

Thanks

The bidding has now changed to every 24 hours not 3 days... I got the Hyatt d/t Miami for Jan 4th, 2008 for $150 so you maybe looking at the same price.. I bid for that at 330 days out.

Thanks

Previous poster is correct. It is now a 24 hr wait.

I think that the 3*'s are decent. The Radisson is probably reported to be the least nicest of the group...and also the hotel that most receive. But they have been bought out by Hilton. Renovations began a few months ago...and should be almost, if not already complete. The name change is scheduled to take place by January.

I've seen winning bids anywhere between $40-70. But I saw someone bid up to $75 for a 3* on 1/12, and was not successful yet. Personally, I think that it is still too early...because they haven't released any rooms to Hotwire yet.

Your free re-bids appear to be N. Miami and SW Miami. So that gives you 3 bids per day.

You can also get the Radisson (Hilton) on skyauction. Winning bids have been in the $40-50 range. Add taxes and processing fees of $52.

If you're not finding any winning bids yet, go to the individual hotel sites to see if there is availibility on the night you need. That will give you the going rate and then start at about a third off. Remember that Jan and Feb are PRIME cruise months and the "deals" won't be available as they are in the fall. I'd book a cancelable res now somewhere, and then you'll have time to hunt for bargains.

We have booked a post cruise night on the 12th of Jan. The hotels were quite booked when we made our res way back in late spring. You'll need to hunt. Good luck.

Hi, we are looking for post cruise night on Jan 12th as well, where did you end up getting and how much?

Thanks!!!

Browniegirl

Hi, we are looking for post cruise night on Jan 12th as well, where did you end up getting and how much?

Thanks!!!

Browniegirl

We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach Oceanfront. We didn't "bid" on it. Can't remember where we made that res. (Could have been regular Priceline) We wanted to stay closer to S. Beach , as we'll be at the HI precruise and want to spend the post cruise day at South Beach. I believe we paid just under $200. We knew of this hotel from a friend and like the board walk/ocean right out back. We'll walk TO the South Beach area but probably cab it home in the evening.

Notice you're from British Columbia. Ooh we had a great vacation in Victoria, Vancouver and then Wickanniwish Resort near Tofino a couple years ago. We LOVE Canada. Spent 2 weeks in Nova Scotia for our honeymoon. Were in Montreal this May for 5 days. Just fantastic trips. The beauty in your country is amazing.

Have a great cruise.

We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach Oceanfront. We didn't "bid" on it. Can't remember where we made that res. (Could have been regular Priceline) We wanted to stay closer to S. Beach , as we'll be at the HI precruise and want to spend the post cruise day at South Beach. I believe we paid just under $200. We knew of this hotel from a friend and like the board walk/ocean right out back. We'll walk TO the South Beach area but probably cab it home in the evening.

Notice you're from British Columbia. Ooh we had a great vacation in Victoria, Vancouver and then Wickanniwish Resort near Tofino a couple years ago. We LOVE Canada. Spent 2 weeks in Nova Scotia for our honeymoon. Were in Montreal this May for 5 days. Just fantastic trips. The beauty in your country is amazing.

Have a great cruise.

Thank you, we do live in a beautiful country, we aren't too far from the Wickannish Inn in Tofino, simply gorgeous there isn't it!

Thanks for the info, we ended up booking at the Best Western on the Bay, it's only a 2 star but we can use points for it and it ends up costing us next to nothing and it has a free airport shuttle the next day. We are spending 3 days in South Beach before the cruise, staying at a lovely boutique hotel there, so we are excited about that!

Enjoy your cruise as well!

Browniegirl:D :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have been trying priceline all week for 1/12. I bid up to $145 for a 4* and nothing. So I used my gov't rate and booked the hyatt. The IC is not offering gov't rate for that date, and I'm not spending $450 for the night.

I'll check out hotwire and priceline the week we are leaving, because I can cancel my res if I find I can get it lower on either of those two sites.

I have been trying priceline all week for 1/12. I bid up to $145 for a 4* and nothing. So I used my gov't rate and booked the hyatt. The IC is not offering gov't rate for that date, and I'm not spending $450 for the night.

I'll check out hotwire and priceline the week we are leaving, because I can cancel my res if I find I can get it lower on either of those two sites.

I have been denied for 1/12 4* up to $162 and 3* up to $158. :(

I went on priceline about two months ago for Feb./08/2008 and went 4 star airport, had to bid $190.00 , got Marriott Golf Resort and Spa, don't golf but looks like a lovely place and not far from airport to return our car and then to pier via cab, I started at 3 star and could not get anything as I would not go over $145.00 for that , I am happy with what I got.

Good Luck

sailorwife:)

I have looked on bidding for travel already but did not find an answer. What price has been accepted for 4* Downtown Miami 1/12/08?

Also if you have bid 3* Downtown what hotel did you get for what price?

Thanks

sometimes it pays to book early,

booked Intercontinental ,4 days leading up to Xmas thro Kayak for $130 INC Taxes

at the time thought it was expensve?

sometimes it pays to book early,

booked Intercontinental ,4 days leading up to Xmas thro Kayak for $130 INC Taxes

at the time thought it was expensve?

plenty of rooms available at low prices until 12/27. Then miami switches into high season. It is rare to get any 4* under $200 from new years till april.

Last year we bid 3 star in FLL and got a place called The Red Carpet Inn. This place was a dump!!! Seedy people all around. Scum all over the pool. The first room we were given we walkied in only to find people sleepimg in bed. Seems the clerk made a mistake. Priceline Never again

Archived