Carnival splendor reviews on this site

abby1257

Four of us on the Splendor in April. Have spent the last hour reading CURRENT reviews of this ship and I honestly think I have made a HUGE mistake...almost NOTHING positive going on....I have done 9 Carnival cruises ....love Carnival....I know what everyone is thinking..."have an open mind...you make your own fun"....YES I WILL AND YES I DO...BUT, sounds like the food has gone down hill big time....cabins not cleaned well....etc. HELP!

We were on the Splendor years ago and everything was great! Even the pink decor that everyone points out wasn't that bad. But now I'm afraid too! We are also going in April. I hope it is not as bad as some point out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:D Splendor is fine - was on there 5 weeks ago for 21 days - and am going on her again through the Panama Canal and then again to Hawaii. So the food is great - boat is in good shape and rides as good as any ship ever.

The pink décor is just a fun :cool:giggle. Staff is wonderful.

:D Splendor is fine - was on there 5 weeks ago for 21 days - and am going on her again through the Panama Canal and then again to Hawaii. So the food is great - boat is in good shape and rides as good as any ship ever.

The pink décor is just a fun :cool:giggle. Staff is wonderful.

Good to hear!!! Been looking forward to this for the last couple years! We don't get out much...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just off the Splendor yesterday. Hope you get Eko as your steward and Elizabeth and her team in the dining room! FUNkilogy rocked for a live band.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Very cool!!! [emoji41]

Four of us on the Splendor in April. Have spent the last hour reading CURRENT reviews of this ship and I honestly think I have made a HUGE mistake...almost NOTHING positive going on....I have done 9 Carnival cruises ....love Carnival....I know what everyone is thinking..."have an open mind...you make your own fun"....YES I WILL AND YES I DO...BUT, sounds like the food has gone down hill big time....cabins not cleaned well....etc. HELP!

Keep in mind that you are seeing just a few reviews out of thousands of people's who sailed. I'm willing to bet there are many more people that had a great time than the few that experienced issues.

Keep in mind that you are seeing just a few reviews out of thousands of people's who sailed. I'm willing to bet there are many more people that had a great time than the few that experienced issues.

This is so true. We went on a back-to-back in November/ December and had a great trip. Great dining staff, friendly staff, good food, good entertainment, excellent cruise director (Chloe). Our only concern was the once a day service was a definite cutback that we did not like. Overall, a great time.

Just take what other people say about your cruiseship with a grain of salt... some people complain because they can!

As for the once a day service, unless something is specific to the Splendor, I've heard that you can tell your steward that you want twice a day service and they're supposed to oblige you. If they don't, I'd go to Guest Services and let them know the situation. From what I've heard, those who refuse twice a day service or who tell you that you have to pick morning or evening are just trying to scam their way out of doing it twice. Carnival still requires them to do it, if you still want it.

I take reviews with many grains of salt! We were on the Splendor a few years ago when many reviewers reported it was the worst ship in the fleet. We had a great time, great typical Carnival service and outstanding food. I wasn't impressed the all the pink but after a day my eyes ignored it.

Sailed on Splendor in October. Also saw a large number of negative reviews, including for the actual week we sailed. I have sailed Carnival 10 other cruises, including the Breeze. I would rank Splendor in the top couple spots of my favorite Ship. Thought it was very clean and well maintained. Food was good. Steakhouse was excellent. This Ship does not have a Guys Burger Joint but DID offer Late Night Bites at the grill each night offering burgers, dogs, fries, etc.

Funny about the negative comments from the week I sailed... They mentioned dirty ship.... I thought it was one of the cleanest Ships I had been on. Always saw crew out cleaning.

I think you will have a great time!

We were on the Splendor last October (2016). We really liked the ship. Were were in a Spa Balcony. The ship was clean and food was on par with other Carnival ships we have been on.

It was an odd cruise. After many Carnival cruises we were used to the flow of things which has been pretty consistent over all of the ships. On this cruise the dining room was very empty at dinner and people would line up 50 deep to get a hamburger near the pool. Always lots of empty seats at the shows.

I wouldn't worry to much. my guess is you will have a good time.

Funny about the negative comments from the week I sailed... They mentioned dirty ship.... I thought it was one of the cleanest Ships I had been on.

It's crazy how everyone have their own take on the same thing. Some people are just natural complainers and will make a big deal about everything. A little piece of paper on the floor would mean that the entire Lido deck is dirty and filled with paper.

OP - I think you will have a wonderful time on the Pinkdor. It may not have all the upgrades but it is still a great ship. Just go with a frame of mind that you are on a vacation and will have lots of fun. Map out what you want to do before you go so you have a plan.

Your cruise is what you make it. Been on her twice had a great time each time. Food was delicious and plentiful. The staff was always amazing and helpful. I am not royalty so i dont expect to be treated like one. Vacation is to get away and carnival does a great job in making sure you get away. So relax, enjoy and do everything or nothing....

..its up to you.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Cruising with a group on the Splendor in June and have been reading reviews too. I've decided to take them with a grain of salt - it seems that you just can't please some people. So happy to know that many loved their cruise and had a great time. I'm so looking forward to it and spending time with family and friends.

Thanks everyone...like I said...done 9 carnival, loved everyone....sometimes its the complainers that sit down and take the time to b...tch about every small thing that went wrIong or not up to their par! I'm actually questioning why I even posted the initial post...my bad....We are going to have a BLAST! Anybody else on the splendor April 23

FUNkilogy rocked for a live band.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good live band but according to FB page, the band's six month contract on Splendor is up end of this month. Hope they will get resigned by Carnival.

This will be our 3rd time on the Splendor April 2nd.

We were on the NYE cruise on the Splendor and the ship was in great shape just being

renovated. No 2.0 upgrades, just cleaned up.

We had a blast and the crew was great.

Happy Sailing!:D

We just returned from a week on the Splendor on Sunday and it had its ups and downs. The service was really just so-so. I haven't decided if I am going to do a review yet, I have lots of pics to look through but I may. Our room Steward Eve was good, but we had once a day cleaning and had to ask for beach towels after not having them 2 days. The food was good, and we didn't really have any bad meals but the service lacked. There were 3 tables of 2 together and you are so close it's really like there are 6 of you at the table, which was fine we enjoyed our table mates. However we were constantly having to ask twice for things, and were never greeted. In 5 cruises it was the first time that I was really disappointed in the service. We always try to look on the good side of things, because at least we aren't cooking and washing the dishes, but this time it was a little more difficult. Maybe we have just been spoiled by always having awesome experiences.

On a positive note the CD Marq is awesome. He was my favorite that I have had in 5 cruises. He is a ball of energy and is always around. He is hilarious and not afraid to put himself out there. I highly recommend spending time around him. He was one of the highlights of the cruise.

Thanks everyone...like I said...done 9 carnival, loved everyone....sometimes its the complainers that sit down and take the time to b...tch about every small thing that went wrIong or not up to their par! I'm actually questioning why I even posted the initial post...my bad....We are going to have a BLAST! Anybody else on the splendor April 23

Most bad reviews that I have noticed only have 1 post here on CC. The BAD review. People post reviews on the actual Carnival board and most are great!

Have a blast!

True. And each one have different expectations