Transatlantic Pricing

lhsail

Can someone with Transatlantic experience please help me out? We have a cabin on hold for the 15 day 4/2/17 crossing on the Regal. Snagged what I think was the last obstructed deluxe balcony for $899, plus fees, etc. The offer includes $300/person OBC. Our travel agent can save us a little off that price if I can get it transferred to her. This seems like an incredible rate, but I've not booked a Transatlantic in a long time. Any help in putting this offer in perspective would be much appreciated. We have a lot of other travel plans through August and are unsure if we want to add another trip, but if this is a price of a lifetime we just might go for it.

Also, I'm depending on a really favorable quote on the EZ Air return trip from Hamburg so any others experience with that would also be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Can someone with Transatlantic experience please help me out? We have a cabin on hold for the 15 day 4/2/17 crossing on the Regal. Snagged what I think was the last obstructed deluxe balcony for $899, plus fees, etc. The offer includes $300/person OBC. Our travel agent can save us a little off that price if I can get it transferred to her. This seems like an incredible rate, but I've not booked a Transatlantic in a long time. Any help in putting this offer in perspective would be much appreciated. We have a lot of other travel plans through August and are unsure if we want to add another trip, but if this is a price of a lifetime we just might go for it.

Also, I'm depending on a really favorable quote on the EZ Air return trip from Hamburg so any others experience with that would also be appreciated. Thanks so much.

That is an awesome price......especially for a balcony. OBC is great too! We did a TA last year to Barcelona on the Royal.

WE love the Regal, hope you do too!

I would snag that deal today.....

Grab it! We have done TA's several times and usually aim for about $1000 p.p. for balcony. The obstructed balcony is usually just fine--you don't spend much time on it anyhow on a TA.

The price probably won't get lower--maybe $100 or so, but reserving now, you are sure of space you like.

We booked a Spring TA about 4-5 weeks ago and paid a bit more than your price, but the price has not come down and we are 6 weeks away from sailing. The $300 OBC is a real bonus.

You can check out EZ air pricing by going onto the page that shows the itinerary then look at the tabs -- stateroom types, onboard experience, shore excursions, FLIGHT QUOTES.

From there you can play with different options such as your home airport to FLL and return from Hamburg to your home airport. Change the dates to a day early leaving Texas and leaving Hamburg a day later (4/18). You can also just do a return from Hamburg if you can get a better flight using Southwest to FLL.

We are on this cruise and are taking the train to Berlin for a few days, then using Princess EZ Air from Berlin to Paris on 4/20 and Paris to Orlando On 4/24. (If you change your return date to something other than 4/17, you can click on Hamburg and get a drop down of departure airports to choose from.)

Thanks for all the insight. You've pretty much confirmed what I already thought. As for the air, no way we'll be able to do another TA this fall. We have a major trip to Canada planned for August. I have a rate via EZ Air that I'm very pleased with (one way return as I can get better pricing/timing to FLL through JetBlue), in fact it's a big part of what's making this a possibility. However, since I only have the cruise on hold, I can't secure the air quote. What I can't afford to have happen is to finalize the cruise booking, then two minutes later go to book the EZ Air and find the rate has increased by hundreds of dollars. Does anyone know if my travel agent can secure the EZ Air at the same time she's finalizing the cruise, or is it a two step process?

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the insight. You've pretty much confirmed what I already thought. As for the air, no way we'll be able to do another TA this fall. We have a major trip to Canada planned for August. I have a rate via EZ Air that I'm very pleased with (one way return as I can get better pricing/timing to FLL through JetBlue), in fact it's a big part of what's making this a possibility. However, since I only have the cruise on hold, I can't secure the air quote. What I can't afford to have happen is to finalize the cruise booking, then two minutes later go to book the EZ Air and find the rate has increased by hundreds of dollars. Does anyone know if my travel agent can secure the EZ Air at the same time she's finalizing the cruise, or is it a two step process?

Thanks again!

You can do the same thing. As soon as she pays the booking book the air.

It would not be any faster for her then for you. She has to do it the same way through the website.

I would check it again prior to making final then do it yourself.

You can do the same thing. As soon as she pays the booking book the air.

It would not be any faster for her then for you. She has to do it the same way through the website.

I would check it again prior to making final then do it yourself.

Final will be due at the time of booking which is why this is so critical. Don't have the luxury of putting down a deposit then verifying air cost.

You can check the EZAir price now and see for yourself.