Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Oh, there are ton of us booked already and the roll call is actually nuts. What I think NCL is doing is making sure that unlike their last Maiden Voyage which sailed only 1/2 full - they want a body in every cabin if not every bed.

Unfortunately, my lovely cabin is not on sale....

-Holly

who is treating herself but perhaps should reconsider? Nah - you turn 65 only once...

Good for you Holly. I treated myself to a Norwegian Fjord cruise on the Rotterdam for my 50th. It was awesome.

This 10-day maiden cruise is out of Southampton, UK, to Miami, Florida, USA, fall of next year:

NCL is running a special single supplement waived throughout--don't know when it will end or even why they are doing this...maybe they need to start paying the shipbuilders by this weekend?

Studios are 1200

Insides start at 1100

Balconies start at 1440

Family balconies start at 1500

Port fees: 87.00

NO PORTS except embarkation and debarkation.

Good luck.

HS2U :D

So happy I saw this last night. I made a deposit on a balcony today. Thrilled to not have have to pay extra as a single.

Hi Henrika. Upper/lower means bunk beds. This is opposed to having 2 beds on the floor. These are the lowest price cabins on Carnival (unless they are offering a special on higher categories). I find these cabins to be great as a single. You actually get a lot more floor space than in the standard inside cabins. And although the category is considered an inside, some of the upper/lower cabins are ocean view with 2 portholes instead of a picture window. These are the best buy unless, like I already said, there's a special on a higher category. But these 1A's with portholes tend to sell out quickly.

This is wonderful information cruise pup. Thank you very much for answering my question.

Hendrika

This is wonderful information cruise pup. Thank you very much for answering my question.

Hendrika

My pleasure. It does get complicated and you need to keep checking rates. I was able to upgrade to a porthole cabin with twin beds made into a king because the rates lowered below the price I paid for the 1A. It only dropped $30. and there were no 1A's available anyway so for the same price I paid for a 1A I now have a larger cabin with a bigger bed.

So happy I saw this last night. I made a deposit on a balcony today. Thrilled to not have have to pay extra as a single.

You are still paying extra, but, not 200%. See below. For me, it was a $400 reduction on a category B9 spa balcony and they did allow me to make the adjustment to my original booking. Welcome aboard, by the way. It's too long to wait!

I am seeing a 25% reduction in supplement on the Norwegian Escape Maiden TA Oct. 29, 2015 for all available categories below the Haven. Still no "bargain" but every little bit helps. I haven't called so I am not sure about the terms and whether it applies if I am already booked.

• 2 weeks later...

There are quite a few low supplement cruises on Carnival out of Miami in the next couple weeks. I'm looking for something for Oct/Nov but may have to go the end of Sept. These prices are just too good to pass up.

The Conquest and Glory both had 7 nights for less than $250 plus port taxes. Earlier today the Conquest was $199 with no supplement. Prices seem to be changing alot so if you are looking check several times a day

I just overplayed $700 for my cruise. There is a flash sale and my solo rate today would be $700 cheaper

My travel agent and I talked to Cunard. They won't refund any amount nor will they upgrade me. Next time I won't book so early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Always just put down a deposit and they will match any current promo up until final payment date, which is usually 60 days out.

Always just put down a deposit and they will match any current promo up until final payment date, which is usually 60 days out.

If it is not yet the final payment date why not just cancel and rebook. If the the cruise is less than 90 days out - that may be the reason it went on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pleasure. It does get complicated and you need to keep checking rates. I was able to upgrade to a porthole cabin with twin beds made into a king because the rates lowered below the price I paid for the 1A. It only dropped $30. and there were no 1A's available anyway so for the same price I paid for a 1A I now have a larger cabin with a bigger bed.

Hi cruse pup.

It is always nice to be able to upgrade, congratulations!

Have a fabulous time on your cruise.

Hendrika

Princess has some great prices on some of their 4 & 5night cruises out of Ft Lauderdale for Sept - Dec. Yes you pay double, but I just booked a 5 night on the Ruby Princess Nov 3 - inside $494 total price with a $400 OBC. There are several different trips with this type of price and OBC.

Never sailed princess before but couldn't pass this up.

Princess has some great prices on some of their 4 & 5night cruises out of Ft Lauderdale for Sept - Dec. Yes you pay double, but I just booked a 5 night on the Ruby Princess Nov 3 - inside $494 total price with a $400 OBC. There are several different trips with this type of price and OBC.

Thanks for the heads up. I booked the Nov 3 cruise. I had a future cruise deposit which I didn't think I'd have an opportunity to use, so I only had to pay another $399. and will get $415. in obc making the whole shabang $84. In addition, the airfare on Delta r/t from LGA is $231. which is also a great deal.

Thanks for the heads up. I booked the Nov 3 cruise. I had a future cruise deposit which I didn't think I'd have an opportunity to use, so I only had to pay another $399. and will get $415. in obc making the whole shabang $84. In addition, the airfare on Delta r/t from LGA is $231. which is also a great deal.

Glad you were able to take advantage of this great price. The roll call was really quiet but seems to be picking up in the last few days. There are either a LOT of guarantee bookings (which I have) or this ship is nearly empty because there are tons of rooms showing available.

Glad you were able to take advantage of this great price. The roll call was really quiet but seems to be picking up in the last few days. There are either a LOT of guarantee bookings (which I have) or this ship is nearly empty because there are tons of rooms showing available.

Where do you look to see how many rooms are empty?

Where do you look to see how many rooms are empty?

I just went in like I was booking a room. When I booked there were only inside guarantees available - now you can choose a room. I just pretended to choose a room in each category and each deck.

Maybe there are alot of guarantees waiting to be assigned - I booked on Monday and don't have a cabin yet so this may be the case.

I learn something new everyday. Cruising has so many twists and turns regarding prices and upgrades. My situation has improved I was given an upgrade to a balcony at no charge to me.

How did you see this deal,was it on the Princess web site?

I just went in like I was booking a room. When I booked there were only inside guarantees available - now you can choose a room. I just pretended to choose a room in each category and each deck.

Maybe there are alot of guarantees waiting to be assigned - I booked on Monday and don't have a cabin yet so this may be the case.

I took an assigned inside. There was one of the "sideways" cabins available which apparently has more space. I think this is what they're supposed to look like:

vu8utequ.jpg

edy6evys.jpg

Of course, with a gty, you may land up hitting the jackpot with an o/v or better.