Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

The May 15, 2015 Pacific Princess 4-day cruise going from LA to Vancouver has negative supplements for insides and oceanviews.

Inside is $318++ (double occ per person is $449++)

Oceanview is $398++ (double occ per person is $499++)

Didn't realize Live Boat was still sailing. :eek:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The May 15, 2015 Pacific Princess 4-day cruise going from LA to Vancouver has negative supplements for insides and oceanviews.

How is that possible??? It's like they are paying you to ditch your travel companion and cruise solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't realize Live Boat was still sailing.

I had to look that one up - fortunately the ship isn't THAT old. 1999 vintage. Might be good for someone looking for a smaller ship as she only has 338 guest cabins.

How is that possible??? It's like they are paying you to ditch your travel companion and cruise solo.

Don't ask me - I just post 'em, I don't try to make sense of 'em.

I had to look that one up - fortunately the ship isn't THAT old. 1999 vintage. Might be good for someone looking for a smaller ship as she only has 338 guest cabins.

Don't ask me - I just post 'em, I don't try to make sense of 'em.

Did not realize she was so small, not much bigger than the old Love Boat

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hello! Just booked this, seems like a great deal to me! Royal Clipper Dec 20 or Dec 27 out of Barbados waiving single supplement for categories 3-OS... single supplement also waived on Star Clipper Dec 20 out of St. Maarten for all categories! New Year's in the Grenadines... not bad!

Booked this last June when it was initially released at $269++ CAD solo inside. Then shortly after I think solo price went back up to be like 200% of double occ pp price. I guess this "glitch" is recently activated again.

athiriver, I keep getting those zero single supp holiday sailing emails from Star Clippers...so tempting!!!! I am impressed you booked. I posted a query here about solo travel on Star vs Windstar, but got no bites. Have you ever done a Star sail solo?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The old Royal Princess was a sister ship. While small the ship is very nice, hold around 600-700 passengers. You can walk everywhere easily and no elevator needed unless you have to use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Artemis! Never sailed with Star at all, but isn't the unknown part of the fun? I did NCL to Alaska solo last year and had a great time, but wanted to try something smaller and more unique, plus now I have a great answer when people ask, "what are you doing for New Year's!" Do it!! They let you climb the mast!

NCL Pearl, Miami, 11D So Caribbean Cruise Nov 20, 2014

Interior Gty $537.30 Solo Total Cost

Can this be true?

I've never sailed NCL or even checked it before because I didn't think they had good deals for solos.

But I've been seeing good pkgs on here so checked and was shocked to see this.

Already on a RCL cruise at this same time or I'd book it.

Thank you for all your great information.

Thanks. I've sailed on Solstice class ships twice and they are beautiful. I only wish the Reflection was sailing out of Ft Lauderdale as I have been wanting to try that ship. They had some great prices as well. Unfortunately, taking the car service to the Port of Miami costs me nearly $200. I have a 2 seater sports car, which I love, but absolutely no way to fit much of anything into the trunk. There is no shared ride shuttle from FTL to Miami like there is for Port Everglades. Car service is not too bad if you are traveling with other people but a tad steep if you are going by yourself. Kind of like a single supplement on steroids!

I took the tri-rail from wpb to miami for a cruise...change to metro rail and get off at government plaza...cab to ship.total cost about 25 bucks and about as fast as driving.

LEAVING FROM:

Tampa, Florida

CRUISE:

7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

TRAVEL DATES:

Sat 17 Jan - Sat 24 Jan 2015

TOTAL GUESTS:

1 SHIP:

Vision Of The Seas

PORTS OF CALL:

Tampa, Florida; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Costa Maya, Mexico; Belize City, Belize; Tampa, Florida

A BUNCH OF US ARE DOING THIS. CAN'T WAIT!

I was playing around with different dates on the NCL site yesterday and noticed that the NCL Epic December 21-28 cruise is coming up with studios at $609 plus taxes (total of $726.89 - think this is with a Latitudes discount option) and you get the dining package thrown it too! Doesn't work for me as the flights are too expensive for me to get there, but I thought I'll post it in case anyone on the east coast is looking for a Christmas break. Lots of good prices for studios on the Getaway or Epic through December too...

Single studio rates on the Epic through the end of January! I booked the 1/25 sailing for $566 total.

NCL Pearl, Miami, 11D So Caribbean Cruise Nov 20, 2014

Interior Gty $537.30 Solo Total Cost

Can this be true?

I've never sailed NCL or even checked it before because I didn't think they had good deals for solos.

But I've been seeing good pkgs on here so checked and was shocked to see this.

Already on a RCL cruise at this same time or I'd book it.

Thank you for all your great information.

I

I saw this on VtoG, base price $429 before taxes etc. Can't get away for that long. It's a beauty of an itinerary!

Keep watching for a deal out of Houston but I'm afraid there's not enough competition to get too hopeful!

NCL Jewel 7-day leaving Houston on Nov 29th is down to $436++ inside / $486++ oceanview / $624++ balcony.

Also, the 11-day NCL Pearl leaving Nov 20th referred to by corlett90 above has dropped again to $399++ inside / $499++ oceanview / $899++ balcony.

NCL Jewel 7-day leaving Houston on Nov 29th is down to $436++ inside / $486++ oceanview / $624++ balcony.

Also, the 11-day NCL Pearl leaving Nov 20th referred to by corlett90 above has dropped again to $399++ inside / $499++ oceanview / $899++ balcony.

Thank you so much for keeping your eyes open and reporting back! Some of the deals are so tempting. I'm watching for the week of Christmas and that possibility is dwindling. I checked actual available cabins yesterday and there don't appear to be too many left so now I have to decide if I keep waiting or take the plunge!

I was on the Jewel last week out of Houston and had a blast! The ship is super clean and was really easy to navigate. It isn't super flashy (no zip lining or ice skating) but is just a good, solid ship with excellent service. That week you will stop in Trujillo, the new port in Honduras, and that was our favorite port of the trip!

Thank you so much for keeping your eyes open and reporting back! Some of the deals are so tempting. I'm watching for the week of Christmas and that possibility is dwindling. I checked actual available cabins yesterday and there don't appear to be too many left so now I have to decide if I keep waiting or take the plunge!

It's a tough call to make - wait or buy now. I'm not seeing anything under $200/day for that week. The cheapest three I see (all 7 days, all insides) are CCL Magic 12/21 for $1420++, RCCL Navigator 12/21 for $1550++ and NCL Jewel 12/20 for $1598++.

It's a tough call to make - wait or buy now. I'm not seeing anything under $200/day for that week. The cheapest three I see (all 7 days, all insides) are CCL Magic 12/21 for $1420++, RCCL Navigator 12/21 for $1550++ and NCL Jewel 12/20 for $1598++.

I can't see getting any kind of bargain at Xmas unless you buy the cruise off someone who can't go. It is easy for the cruise line to fill their ships that week. I would not care to pay the price and be on a crowded ship with over 1000 kids fuelled on Xmas candy.

Are you quoting for 1 or for 2? Princess is $1049/ppd for a balcony cabin, which is the cheapest I see for Xmas week out of Houston.