Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

If anyone is looking for a short cruise in November check out NCL Dawn leaving out of Galveston, $236/inside guarantee SOLO rate. At that rate you can drag your friends along and everyone gets their own cabin. I'm hitting my sis up to see if she wants to go so I don't have to drive by myself.

NCL Dawn

Nov 21-23, 2014

Total price

Inside GTY $236

Obstructed view $261

Balcony GTY $398

AHOY SHIPMATES, I cruise Carnival often and go solo occasionally .

they sometimes don't list solo prices way in advance but if you call the booking number or customer service desk they and fix you up

Or you can just go to the website,plug in one passenger and pick any date range,ship, cruise length..etc you want.

They really make it easy to locate deals on the website.

I looked the web site and cant find the place that you put in for solo. Can you point me in the direction because when I look at it I still get the double charge for a room

Are you changing the number of guests from 2 to 1 ? Default is 2. Also this is only for the cruise tomorrow 10-26

Are you changing the number of guests from 2 to 1 ? Default is 2. Also this is only for the cruise tomorrow 10-26

I did try that cruise and yes I did change it to 1. Maybe they sold out of the solo supplement. Could be that they didn't do a lot of them.

I did try that cruise and yes I did change it to 1. Maybe they sold out of the solo supplement. Could be that they didn't do a lot of them.

I've found the same thing quite often: the single decreased supplement just doesn't kick in on most cruise line websites unless there is a direct link from a "deals" page. This necessitates a call to the line or an email to my agent. It is worth pursuing.

-Holly

Who has sailed solo in NCL, RCCL, Celebrity, & Crystal. With someone else on six additional lines.

I did this in the Nov 1-9 sailing out of houston, it showed 4$$ until after I selected cabin, then it showed an aarp rate and Norwegian rate, which was 239, with tax 339 for a 7 day, inside.

Carnival is running a Halloween sail! really good rates thru march, even if you pay double. I'm holding off until early next year

I booked the Carnival Dream 2/1 sailing (Super Bowl Sunday) using the sale. Since so many friends were going I was willing to have to fork over the 200% but this sale saved me ~$350.

I will definitely be keeping my eye on this thread as Im looking for a last minute cruise in February. I'd prefer Royal Caribbean but depending on price, I will try any cruise line ... anything that will get me to a beach!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Congratulations:).......she is a great ship:D

Thanks. I've sailed on Solstice class ships twice and they are beautiful. I only wish the Reflection was sailing out of Ft Lauderdale as I have been wanting to try that ship. They had some great prices as well. Unfortunately, taking the car service to the Port of Miami costs me nearly $200. I have a 2 seater sports car, which I love, but absolutely no way to fit much of anything into the trunk. There is no shared ride shuttle from FTL to Miami like there is for Port Everglades. Car service is not too bad if you are traveling with other people but a tad steep if you are going by yourself. Kind of like a single supplement on steroids!

Thanks. I've sailed on Solstice class ships twice and they are beautiful. I only wish the Reflection was sailing out of Ft Lauderdale as I have been wanting to try that ship. They had some great prices as well. Unfortunately, taking the car service to the Port of Miami costs me nearly $200. I have a 2 seater sports car, which I love, but absolutely no way to fit much of anything into the trunk. There is no shared ride shuttle from FTL to Miami like there is for Port Everglades. Car service is not too bad if you are traveling with other people but a tad steep if you are going by yourself. Kind of like a single supplement on steroids!

If you can get to port everglades cheap there are shared vans that go to miami port from there just turm up at a disembarking ship.

You live in Ft. Lauderdale? If you are anywhere near the airport you could

share a van......SAS and GO SHUTTLE both have transportation....shared

it is only like 15.00 per person from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the

Port of Miami..........

A car service is 200.00 each way? Or round trip?

If you can get to port everglades cheap there are shared vans that go to miami port from there just turm up at a disembarking ship.

Manifest are now locked more than 24 hours out due to homeland security in the US. The days are long gone where you could go to the port with a suitcase and get a last minute berth.

Even so, the other thing no one had mentioned is TriRail as an extremely cheap way of getting between airports and places.

2-Seater car? No sweat. Backpack on the floor and the 19" strapped in the passenger seat.

-Holly

Limit your luggage. No one cares if you wear the same thing over and over. Shops and hand laundry useful concepts

Manifest are now locked more than 24 hours out due to homeland security in the US. The days are long gone where you could go to the port with a suitcase and get a last minute berth.

Even so, the other thing no one had mentioned is TriRail as an extremely cheap way of getting between airports and places.

2-Seater car? No sweat. Backpack on the floor and the 19" strapped in the passenger seat.

-Holly

Limit your luggage. No one cares if you wear the same thing over and over. Shops and hand laundry useful concepts

This about getting cheap transport from port to port not jumping on a cruise.

You live in Ft. Lauderdale? If you are anywhere near the airport you could

share a van......SAS and GO SHUTTLE both have transportation....shared

it is only like 15.00 per person from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the

Port of Miami..........

A car service is 200.00 each way? Or round trip?

Yes I've heard you can take the Super Shuttle for $15 per person which 45 people would still only be $75 each way or you can take a taxi for up to 5 people for $85 each way. It might even be worth checking into a one way rental car if you have a large group of people traveling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I was playing around with different dates on the NCL site yesterday and noticed that the NCL Epic December 21-28 cruise is coming up with studios at $609 plus taxes (total of $726.89 - think this is with a Latitudes discount option) and you get the dining package thrown it too! Doesn't work for me as the flights are too expensive for me to get there, but I thought I'll post it in case anyone on the east coast is looking for a Christmas break. Lots of good prices for studios on the Getaway or Epic through December too...

Edited by westcoasttech
forgot to mention the Latitudes option