RC or Celebrity for Southern Caribbean.

NOSaints1

My DW are in our mid 30s and have only sailed Carnival, not sure on AOS or Jewel and the Summit. I think we will probably do OV. I know Celebrity is more upscale and certain staterooms are limited to certain areas, any tips will be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well I can tell you we are going on our fourth back to back cruise on the Adventure in february. Love the ship and the ports and we love the ship, the crew and have always had terrific service. I have been on the Summit and its not our cup of tea. We love the amenities on the Adventure that the Summit just doesn't have. While we haven't been on the Jewel of the Seas we have been on her sister ship the Serenade and have that ship booked for two more cruises.

Which ever you choose have an awesome vacation!

My DW are in our mid 30s and have only sailed Carnival, not sure on AOS or Jewel and the Summit. I think we will probably do OV. I know Celebrity is more upscale and certain staterooms are limited to certain areas, any tips will be helpful.

I have done Southern Caribbean cruises on all three ships and enjoyed each cruise. Since you are in your 30's you may enjoy Adventure of the Seas, which is larger and has more active activities than Jewel and Summit. All three ships are nice and I would base my decision on the itinerary and price since they are all port intensive cruises with, I believe, only 1 day at sea. What itineraries are you looking at?

Now with choice air, how does that work, do you pay for it up front or can you add it to your booking and pay it down. We're going on Carnival in Nov out of San Juan, going to St Thomas, St Maarten, St kitts, St Lucia and barbados. We want to try something different as they don't go to any other ports out of San Juan and I listen to the RC blog podcast and RC sounds like an exciting cruiseline to sail on. I'm also a big Coca-Cola fan and love the freestyle.

AOS for fun, excitement, Summit for food, and class!

Only our opinion!:D

We sailed on the Adventure last December over Christmas week and had a fantastic experience. We haven't been on the other two ships mentioned so can't comment on them. However, we were on the Radiance of the Seas, which is the Jewel's sister ship, for an Alaska cruise. We really enjoyed everything about that cruise.

The AOS is great! You will have a wonderful cruise on her. You might enjoy seeing the slide show my wife made with some of her pictures for her website. It will give you an idea of the ship and the itinerary.

Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruise

Edited by JimAOk1945

We did Southern Carib a few years ago on Jewel. We enjoyed both the ship and ports. We have sailed a different itinerary on Adventure and although we enjoyed both ships, we prefer the entertainment options on the larger ship, particularly the ice skating show.

Did Southern Caribbean aboard the Carnival Valor 2013. Fantastic cruise and itinerary. The Valor is a well run ship as well. No complaints..

Doing a different itinerary Southern Caribbean aboard the Jewel of the Seas in about 42 days! But who's counting!

I'd say pick the itinerary you like best and don't worry about it!