New Promotion Coming? - Bonnie

JVNYC

Hi Bonnie. Was wondering if there is a new promotion coming in August or September? I missed the great double upgrade opportunity that was in place earlier...hoping for something similar. :)

Thanks!

Start checking Azamara's website a day or two before the current promo ends and you may see something pop up. One promo pretty well follows another and sometimes they "recycle" them. We missed out on one particularly good promo one spring and cursed ourselves for not booking when it was available, and lo and behold, it was repeated in the fall. Good save for us. :D

Hi Bonnie. Was wondering if there is a new promotion coming in August or September? I missed the great double upgrade opportunity that was in place earlier...hoping for something similar. :)

Thanks!

Hi JVNYC,

As the current promotion is scheduled to end on July 31st, and most all cruise lines are never without a promotion, I'd expect one of the following : either the current promo will be extended, or look for another promotion to be announced within the next day or two. I will keep an eye out for emails.

Hope this helps !

Any ideas on what the Azamara promotion might be on August 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Dolphinfeen,

Still nothing yet. Maybe we'll hear something today or tomorrow. Stay Tuned !

Does anyone know if we put a deposit down and a better promo comes up. Can we switch to that promo? Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Promotions are usually for new bookings only, but sometimes it is worth to cancel a booking (and pay a fee) and rebook. You have to figure out if the cost advantage is better for you.

Promotions are usually for new bookings only, but sometimes it is worth to cancel a booking (and pay a fee) and rebook. You have to figure out if the cost advantage is better for you.

But if Dolphinfeen is in the UK any cancellation will mean loss of deposit, they might be able to transfer but there is no guarantee

Thanks!

Hello JVNYC, et.al.,

We asked this community and you voted!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2053272&highlight=poll

Hello JVNYC, et.al.,

We asked this community and you voted!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2053272&highlight=poll

hmmm...a bit cryptic but the poll was in favor of 50% off second guest. That would be great except I noticed that in the last day or so prices on our cruise next year have increased significantly (over $1000 pp for verandas) So no incentive to change our booking. Not to be cynical, but I wonder if prices will come back down after the promotion (whatever it is.)

hmmm...a bit cryptic but the poll was in favor of 50% off second guest. That would be great except I noticed that in the last day or so prices on our cruise next year have increased significantly (over $1000 pp for verandas) So no incentive to change our booking. Not to be cynical, but I wonder if prices will come back down after the promotion (whatever it is.)

You're not being cynical - just observant! Azamara seems to adjust their pricing, so that the promo provides the dollar amount that they want for the cabins.

Previously I had noticed that there was no difference between the one-category upgrade promo from Oceanview to Veranda and the following two-category upgrade promo from Inside to Veranda for our cruise. The promo pricing for a Veranda Cabin turned out to be identical under each of those promotions.

This all seems like smoke and mirrors to me.

To be fair, why don't we wait to see what the actual promotion is, before bashing it ? :)

Hopefully, we should know the details within the next day or so. Azamara has a history of launching new promotions either the day before, or the morning of. The wait is almost over.

Edited by Host Andy

To be fair, why don't we wait to see what the actual promotion is, before bashing it ? :)

I didn't mean to bash the promos. I was trying to make the point that from my experience, all of the different sounding promos yield the same revenue for Azamara, since the pricing is adjusted to come up with the same bottom line - a pretty simple algebraic equation.:D

The promos offer the best price, but, in effect, they are all the same - at least for veranda cabins.

Well the only way to find out for sure if a promotion is a good deal or not is to price up before, during and maybe after and then you've got the relevant numbers.

Bonnie, we didn't all vote as you didn't offer the promotion we wanted and there wasn't an alternative box to tick.

Never mind, just bring back the free flights and double upgrade promotion and we could be booking again. :)

Hopefully, we should know the details within the next day or so. Azamara has a history of launching new promotions either the day before, or the morning of. The wait is almost over.

I've received word that the new promotion will be launched Monday, August 4, in North America and perhaps as early as tomorrow in the rest of the world...they have the liberty to do things per their market(s).

As for price fluctuations, these happen regularly based on demand and the algorithms the Revenue Management team uses to predict future demand. Even I, a pioneer in developing cruise line RM algorithms (Seabourn in the '90s), can't predict which way our fares will go, or if they fluctuate at all, and if so, on which products. It's a science that I happily leave to the new generation of RM'rs.

I was just going to put deposit on a panama cruise...then noticed verandah price increased about $300pp from yesterday...now making it Way more than other cruiselines. I think it is because this is the last day of current promotion. I understand its 'just business' but It has turned me off...and the few things I like that make Azamara different..ease of getting on/off ship especially have been nullified. DH wont mind as he has become a bit frustrated with lack of evening entertainment we've experienced on last 2 cruises with them. there are.a lot of things to do other than this. Will still see what the next promotion is...probably less...but also could be its like someone else said...all offers result in similar bottom line, but this last price increase did not work out that way. Disappointed but will survive and go elsewhere!!