Alcohol Minis

I'm reading that you can bring those miniature alcohol bottles through TSA as long as they meet the ounce requirement and they are in the quart size see through bag that they require. Anyone ever done this?

They are treated no differently from any other liquid. So yes, so long as they meet the 100 ml (about 3.3 oz) limitation and are in the one quart bag they are allowed in carry-on. A caveat is that you may not consume alcohol on the plane that you bring aboard yourself.

Love the fact you can bring it in your carry on. I typically put in my purse not even in the quart bag. Depending on the flight attendant they will tell you not to open due to airline rules. However I'm a rule breaker so I wait until they can't see me and mix my cocktail!!! I prefer to pay 1.99 for a jack Daniel shot from home than the $6 for that same size shot bottle!!!

• 3 weeks later...

You'll have to pack them in a checked, LOCKED bag...and make sure stuff is JUMBLED around it....stick a few wire coat hangers in there....you curling iron, or other metallic items, so the tops don't show! Put them in shoes...with jewelry, etc...

I have used the mini bottles on flights and had no problems. I put them in the plastic bag with other liquids and it works well... my question is how do you get these onboard the cruise ship?

Now this depends on what cruise line you are sailing.

Keith

I have used the mini bottles on flights and had no problems. I put them in the plastic bag with other liquids and it works well... my question is how do you get these onboard the cruise ship?

I stick one in just about every pocket of my clothing in my checked. It all stays put and I never get flagged. Usually between 50 to 75 lunchboxed sized variety of liquors. I tend to cruise with a pretty epic minibar.

• 2 weeks later...
I stick one in just about every pocket of my clothing in my checked. It all stays put and I never get flagged. Usually between 50 to 75 lunchboxed sized variety of liquors. I tend to cruise with a pretty epic minibar.

And I thought I was doing OK with my 15 or so, mind you it was legally in my hand luggage on DCL, not for much longer though!!:mad:

• 1 month later...
Love the fact you can bring it in your carry on. I typically put in my purse not even in the quart bag. Depending on the flight attendant they will tell you not to open due to airline rules. However I'm a rule breaker so I wait until they can't see me and mix my cocktail!!! I prefer to pay 1.99 for a jack Daniel shot from home than the $6 for that same size shot bottle!!!

Mixing your own cocktail on a flight is not breaking an airline rule - it is breaking a federal law!!! Google FAR Sec. 121.575 — Alcoholic beverages

• 2 months later...