MJS Transport Experiences

pianobar

I just booked with MJS yesterday for a transfer from FLL to Miami. Michael responded my email inquiry within 20 mins and followed up with another confirmation email an hour after I completed the online reservation.

MJS seems to be a mom & pop shop compared to SAS - that's why I wanted to support their business, and I hope they deliver.

We just finished a cruise and used A Family Limousine Service out of Ft. Lauderdale. They took six of us from our hotel to the Port in Miami and came back to shuttle us back to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport after the cruise. They are extremely reliable. They have nice clean vehicles and have wonderful communication. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.:D

We just finished a cruise and used A Family Limousine Service out of Ft. Lauderdale. They took six of us from our hotel to the Port in Miami and came back to shuttle us back to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport after the cruise. They are extremely reliable. They have nice clean vehicles and have wonderful communication. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.:D

Can you tell us the name and cost and what type of vehicle used. Thanks

Can you tell us the name and cost and what type of vehicle used. Thanks

We had a very large Ford Expedition passenger van. Each couple paid $113 r/t. They added a luggage trailer since we had one couple that was on a previous cruise and joined us for their second cruise. Again, they picked us up at our hotel in Ft Lauderdale and returned us to Ft Lauderdale airport from Miami.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the website link. Just sent them an email for a reservation for april 5 from FLL airport to POM. $13 per person! We didn't book the return trip because we plan to take a post-cruise excursion that includes luggage transport to the airport.

• 8 months later...

Just spoke with a gentleman at MJS. THEY GO BETWEEN FT. LAUDERDALE AIRPORT AND THE PORT OF MIAMI. The latter is referred to as Port Miami or POM. They do not go into the Miami Airport aka MIA. Looks like miscommunication. Their phone number is 305-336-1318.

• 3 months later...

I would not recommend this company! I used them once in January and Jeremy was great. I then got a quote for him for our next trip in March and proceeded with booking. Two weeks before my trip I called to confirm and he said he needed to DOUBLE the price on me "due to traffic"! He said he would not honor the quote he gave me. Needless to say I will be booking with a different company.

Using this service what would be the earliest you would book a domestic flight out of FLL if debarking in Port of Miami on a Saturday morning?

11:30 - noon or later.

For a domestic flight you need to be at FLL about 90 minutes before departure (and earlier is better); add the 45 minute drive from POM to FLL and a short period to load up the van. Assuming you can usually be off the ship, with bags and clear of customs/immigration by 9:00 or before (8-8:30 if you carry all of your bags off), that equates to an 11:30 or later flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how early they pick up in the FLL area? We have priority boarding so we want to be at POM around 11 AM. SAS doesn't start pickups in the FLL area until 11. Have had great luck with SAS, but would go with MJS if they can pick us up around 10 at the hotel. Have sent an email, but thought I would also ask on the boards.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Giffer

Fort Lauderdale Transfers will pick up earlier on request.

We used them in Feb, and requested a 9:30am pickup. So done else in our hotel was using them and asked for a 9am pickup. They called us to see if we could be ready earlier, and we were just getting ready to checkout, so we jumped on the earlier van. Wish they would have called us sooner, though, but it still all worked out.

We used Jiffy Jeff for the return trip. He was great, and he was in constant contact with MJS and other vans. He said they all work together, especially on the. Busiest days, to make sure everyone gets taken care of expeditiously.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app via my iPad, pardon the typos!

Just for the record, we used MJS this past November. They picked up our party of 7 at the Fort Lauderdale airport and took us to downtown Miami to our hotel. They called us the night before to confirm and the morning of our arrival while we were still in baggage. We were very impressed with their service and we had a very knowledgeable driver. We tried to book them again for our upcoming April cruise but they are not allowed to pick up at the Miami airport. They can pick you up in Fort Lauderdale and bring you to Miami but they can't pick you up in Miami.

Last year, we used MJS Transportation for service and it was great!! Prices were reasonable for the six of us. Jeremy was on time and the van a new Mercedes. Good experience from the hotel to Miami Port and from Port to Fort Lauderdale Airport. We will use them again this year.

• 3 weeks later...

So those of you that have used this MJS service, I just filled out the application online and when I submitted, it just gave me "Thanks for choosing MJS. We'll See You in Sunny Florida" and that was it.

Do they send confirmation? That doesn't seem ike much to go on. I would hate to get there and no one shows up or anything and there's no record. :confused: