New Beverage Package Promotions (Liberty)

MADflyer

We would have bought one of the cards on each of my b2b cruises if the cards had been offered at the beginning of the cruise. But, by the last three days of a long cruise, we were ready to ramp down our alcohol consumption, not ramp it up.

The MSC model would have really worked for you, as they allow the 'coupons' purchased on one ship or sailing to be used fleet-wide on another ship or sailing. I hope that RCI might consider vouchers offered for the entire sailing as well.

While the fact that the RCI 10 drink voucher was 'shareable' was great, I like how on MSC you can actually just invite someone to a drink by sharing a coupon.

I was on the repo also. I saw only two drink menus on the entire ship. I wish they would have more so that we could get 'ideas' for drinks that might be appealing.

I have learned on RCI ships to just find a bartender I like and trust their judgment after telling them the sort of thing I like. I have gotten some fantastic drinks this way.

That was a big problem with recent reported price increases as the higher prices bring higher perceived risk. I found the prices ok on the repo, but imagine they have increased now.

I have a couple friends currently sailing on Liberty. I will ask them about this when they return.

We just got off Liberty (Galveston 9-night) on Sunday & bought the $67 for 10 drinks to share package on day 4 of 9. It was great

However the Diamond cocktail time was in Catacombs, packed the first night & attendance steadily decreased over the cruise. The location was the pits! Aniz (DL concierge) said it would move again this week.

Edited by awhfy

Boarding Liberty on Sunday. Would absolutely love a 10 drink package. We don't drink enough to bother with the beverage packages, but do enjoy a cocktail during the show and wine with dinner.

Hope you can leave a review on the trip...can't wait to hear how Liberty is adjusting to the Texas market!

We just got off Freedom today. There was no punch card offered on this 7-day cruise. The best deal we could find was the 2 for $15 at the Freedom Fest - limited to Bahama Mama, Mojito or Sangria (including a souvenir cup).

Here's my thing with this...I can drink 2 coffees, 3 bottles of water and a few drinks. There's 1/2 my allotment. I guess if you use it strictly for alcoholic drinks then it would be worth it.

Here's my thing with this...I can drink 2 coffees, 3 bottles of water and a few drinks. There's 1/2 my allotment. I guess if you use it strictly for alcoholic drinks then it would be worth it.

It wouldn't be cost effective to use it for those beverages (coffee, bottled water, etc.) that aren't maximum value. I don't know why you would even think about buying a card if you intend to make those sort of purchases?

It wouldn't be cost effective to use it for those beverages (coffee, bottled water, etc.) that aren't maximum value. I don't know why you would even think about buying a card if you intend to make those sort of purchases?

That's why the drink package is still more cost effective for those of us who drink specialty coffees, bottled water...Just sayin

At that point, Liberty offered a new $67, 10 drink coupon voucher that was available for sale up until the final day of the sailing. These 10 drink vouchers could be used in any bar for any beverage up to a $14 value.

Unique to this $67 voucher was that it could be shared. It was only available on the last 3 days of the sailing.

Adventure last week had a deal that started showing up on the 3rd day.

Ten 'house' drinks for $75.

(I do get annoyed that the drink packages aren't normally discounted for C&A members. If you do opt to purchase one it negates the BOGO C&A benefit, and the Diamond and above nightly benefit.)

Thanks, hope this spreads to other ships.:)

I found a couple of interesting bits of information while on the Liberty repositioning sailing that indicate a more coordinated effort.

The Liberty assigned Hotel Director was away for most of the Liberty repositioning sailing as he was away at a meeting of fleet HDs held in the beginning of November.

Staff also mentioned that Darren Budden, the new Fleet Hotel Director, had visited Liberty on the sailing prior to the repositioning cruise.

He was the HD when they took out Quantum and it seems is the first HD to have come to that position from a shipboard marketing role.