#1 Recommendations for Pinnacle & Caneletto Dinner

retdon

The Pinnacle is $10 for lunch. Those ships that have a Tamarind do not charge for lunch. The Canaletto doesn't serve lunch, as it is located in a portion of the Lido.

Thanks Ruth! So, Tamarind is free for Lunch on say the Nieuw Amsterdam?

Looking forward to our first Tamarind dinner on the NA. I have a question that hopefully can be answered here. On the menu it states "your choice of 6 items as an appetizer or 12 as an entrée". Does that mean 6 pieces of sushi as an appetizer or 6 of the listed appetizer items on the menu?

Diane

Looking forward to our first Tamarind dinner on the NA. I have a question that hopefully can be answered here. On the menu it states "your choice of 6 items as an appetizer or 12 as an entrée". Does that mean 6 pieces of sushi as an appetizer or 6 of the listed appetizer items on the menu?

Diane

That's for sushi:D. If you ate 6 appies you'd likely not need dinner.

Edited by cruz chic

• 2 weeks later...
What is your recommendations for the #1 best thing on the menu for dinner at the Pinnacle and Canaletto? We eat all meats; pork, lamb, beef, chicken, fish, etc. We like almost all vegetables and desserts are yummy. We have looked at the menus and would like some opinion since we have never eaten there. Thanks, Linda

This is a very interesting topic. I am learning a lot right here to help myself plan my first HAL cruise next year. Thanks!

:) In the Canaletto, I find the seafood soup outstanding

Another vote for the Zuppa Di Pesce in the Canaletto. It is far better flavored than the Ciopino in the PG.

... add me to the list of people who love the Canaletto Zuppa Di Pesce - every time I have had it, it has been absolutely outstanding!!! And IMO the service in Canaletto is as good as a person could hope to find anywhere on land nowadays ...

Edited by avian777

What is your recommendations for the #1 best thing on the menu for dinner at the Pinnacle and Canaletto? We eat all meats; pork, lamb, beef, chicken, fish, etc. We like almost all vegetables and desserts are yummy. We have looked at the menus and would like some opinion since we have never eaten there. Thanks, Linda

Haven't been to Canaletto since they did the sharing small plates thing so can't help there.

HOWEVER for the PG...

Crab cakes and caesar salad, 10oz filet medium rare with either bernaise or garlic butter, whipped potatoes and asparagus and the chocolate volcano cake.

That has been my go to in the PG since 2007. I will occasionally get the ribeye and back in the days of the veal chop I got that once or twice (and miss it) but you'll definitely be happy with the above selections :)

I always order the same thing in the PG for dinner.

Lobster Bisque

Shrimp Cocktail

Steak Tartare

Lamb Chops

baked Alaska

Yep, I always leave completely stuffed and it's worth it!

Have never eaten at Canaletto

Diane

It is very interesting to read your picks at the PG dinner. I love most of your recommendation. I'm going to cruise HAL next summer. Am I right that I can order more than one main course at the PG dinner? Moreover, what about the MDR? Can I order more than one main course at the MDR dinner? Thanks!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

What is your recommendations for the #1 best thing on the menu for dinner at the Pinnacle and Canaletto? ...

IMO the best thing on the Pinnacle Grill menu is not on the menu - it is the "Evening at Le Cirque" which is offered at least once each cruise and has its own menu. Attached is a copy of the Le Cirque "sample menu". From the Le Cirque menu, my favorites are the Wild Burgandy Escargot, the Chateaubriand and the Creme Brulee. (Note: The Garden Pea soup is also good, but IMO no where near as good as the Summer Squash with Huckleberries soup that it replaced on the menu.) If you want to enjoy "An Evening at Le Cirque", be sure to make your reservations as soon as HAL starts taking them for your cruise.

On the regular Pinnacle Grill menu, my favorites are the Lobster Bisque and the Bone-in Rib Eye steak. Attached is a copy of the PG "sample menu".

Bon appetite and enjoy your cruise.

menu_le_cirque.pdf

menu_pinnacle_grill_dinner.pdf

Edited by avian777

IMO the best thing on the Pinnacle Grill menu is not on the menu - it is the "Evening at Le Cirque" which is offered at least once each cruise and has its own menu. Attached is a copy of the Le Cirque "sample menu". From the Le Cirque menu, my favorites are the Wild Burgandy Escargot, the Chateaubriand and the Creme Brulee. (Note: The Garden Pea soup is also good, but IMO no where near as good as the Summer Squash with Huckleberries soup that it replaced on the menu.) If you want to enjoy "An Evening at Le Cirque", be sure to make your reservations as soon as HAL starts taking them for your cruise.

On the regular Pinnacle Grill menu, my favorites are the Lobster Bisque and the Bone-in Rib Eye steak. Attached is a copy of the PG "sample menu".

Bon appetite and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for posting the menus. We have never done Le Cirque, thinking it a bit pricey over and above the usual PG cost, but it does looks kind of interesting. I think we may try it next cruise.

We are experienced cruisers but this is our first HAL cruise. At Pinncale Grill can you order more than one appetizer, entree etc. per person?

I am not saying that we want to pig out but just to try a variety since I heard the portions are very small.

Just wondering as other cruises allow you to order as an example:lobster and a filet mignon together even though they are listed individually on the menu.

Thanks for your input.

We are experienced cruisers but this is our first HAL cruise. At Pinncale Grill can you order more than one appetizer, entree etc. per person?

I am not saying that we want to pig out but just to try a variety since I heard the portions are very small.

Just wondering as other cruises allow you to order as an example:lobster and a filet mignon together even though they are listed individually on the menu.

Thanks for your input.

As I recall there is a $10 charge for a second entree. Most entrees are huge- I can't imaging ordering two.

Thanks for posting the menus. We have never done Le Cirque, thinking it a bit pricey over and above the usual PG cost, but it does looks kind of interesting. I think we may try it next cruise.

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy the experience.

:( Only one entree allowed in the PG, but as much of anything else on the menu as you want. In the MDR, you can order as much as you want of anything on the menu

Thanks! That is great to know. After reading this thread, I bought for my family a $35 pp PG + Ca package for our next year cruise. I'm going to go through all details of this thread again to make good preparation for our food enjoyment.

and have it served to us in the Pinnacle bar with very cold vodka. This makes it a real treat and not part of a big dinner. They have been able to do this for us on several cruises.

Tried to order for the Pinnacle Bar in May on the Noordam and was told that was not possible. Guess it depends on the ship/PG Manager so will try again on the Oosterdam in a few weeks.

Tried to order for the Pinnacle Bar in May on the Noordam and was told that was not possible. Guess it depends on the ship/PG Manager so will try again on the Oosterdam in a few weeks.

In fairness, they may have been dealing with a lot of special requests. I expect that there are plenty of those, and someone has to be told "we are sorry, no"

Dungeness Crab Cakes, Cedar Planked Halibut with Shrimp Scampi, Lemon Brulee Tart were my favorites at the PG for Dinner. We found the food at Canaletto better than expected. My husband loved the Lasagna special and the Veal Piccata was very good.

Just got to know my PG dinner coming with the Explorer 4 would be on my very first night of my 7-day Alaska cruise. Should be very happy about this arrangement. However, having read comments about the prime ribs being good at the MDR on the first night, is it worthwhile to phone HAL to change that PG away from the first night?

... However, having read comments about the prime ribs being good at the MDR on the first night, is it worthwhile to phone HAL to change that PG away from the first night?

IMO, yes if you are a fan of prime ribs ... however, I do not think you will be able to change your PG reservations until you are on board, but it is worth a call to find out ...

Edited by avian777