Room service procedure, specifically removal

Red Lodge

Seems to me that pretty much everything that is talked about on this forum is a first world problem. I don't understand why posters expect otherwise. Surely there are other forums that would be much better if you wish to solve all the world problems.

Seems to me that pretty much everything that is talked about on this forum is a first world problem. I don't understand why posters expect otherwise. Surely there are other forums that would be much better if you wish to solve all the world problems.

While I have no wish to minimize the world's problems, ^^ made me chuckle.

You use those words a lot - I don't understand. Stop worrying about it. You don't have to understand what people choose to post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue from Canada viewpost.gif

Sometime I like to have a glass of milk and two (ok, maybe 4) chocolate chip cookies delivered late at night. I wish HAL had smaller trays for such a small room order. Hmmmm, maybe in December I'll just take the glass and plate off the tray when it's delivered.

Now that is a SMART idea ;)

all you have to do when you call for pick up is tell them to bring a tray.

I wouldn't even bother calling for pickup - the steward will get it when he makes up the room.

I wouldn't even bother calling for pickup - the steward will get it when he makes up the room.

of course they will but.......

why make extra work for the stewards when there is a number to call?:confused:

Each to their own ;)

Edited by kazu

of course they will but.......

why make extra work for the stewards when there is a number to call?:confused:

Each to their own ;)

Because it's late at night and you don't want to sit up waiting for room service to show up; because an empty cookie-plate doesn't smell-up the cabin or take up much room; because the steward will just put it in his work area along with all the other detritus where room service will pick it up. It's only a tiny addition to his workload (if any) and will be suitably rewarded.

Because it's late at night and you don't want to sit up waiting for room service to show up; because an empty cookie-plate doesn't smell-up the cabin or take up much room...

What kind of cookies are you ordering? :D Take up room? Smell up the cabin?? If the cookies are going to smell up the cabin, I can assure you that a couple hours in your digestive tract won't create essence of wildflowers.

What kind of cookies are you ordering? :D Take up room? Smell up the cabin?? If the cookies are going to smell up the cabin, I can assure you that a couple hours in your digestive tract won't create essence of wildflowers.

Did you misread dakrewser's post?

I noted that a) it DOESN'T take up much room and b) DOESN'T smell up the cabin (the way, say, BBQ ribs might :)

I just can't imagine placing it on the settee outside the elevators. While one might not want to deal with having it sit around the cabin, why should it be dumped in a public area for all those passing by to see the remains of your meal? Is it just me who thinks this is rather inappropriate?

I would never do this. It is very inappropriate, IMO. If you don't want to see it in your room, why on earth would you think anyone else would want to see your leftovers and dirty dishes? Sheeesh!!

I would never do this. It is very inappropriate, IMO. If you don't want to see it in your room, why on earth would you think anyone else would want to see your leftovers and dirty dishes? Sheeesh!!

The person who posted about doing that would think it because their room steward told them that is what they should do...

I will say that a long time ago we were on a HAL cruise that was not very good and the service was spotty (this was before a major refit--but still a BAD cruise) I had a tray of snacks and left a note (this was before the little where to call paper) to remove the tray while we went to dinner and out and about. When we returned the room was turned down for evening but the tray remained--it was obvious that we were finished. I put it in the hall. Sometimes there are reasons the trays are in the hall, I know that in some hotels and on other cruiselines it is common practice. In this case I left the tray and note on the bed--it was just ignored. All I'm saying is don't be so quick to judge.

I will say that a long time ago we were on a HAL cruise that was not very good and the service was spotty (this was before a major refit--but still a BAD cruise) I had a tray of snacks and left a note (this was before the little where to call paper) to remove the tray while we went to dinner and out and about. When we returned the room was turned down for evening but the tray remained--it was obvious that we were finished. I put it in the hall. Sometimes there are reasons the trays are in the hall, I know that in some hotels and on other cruiselines it is common practice. In this case I left the tray and note on the bed--it was just ignored. All I'm saying is don't be so quick to judge.

So that makes it ok? Why not just take it up to the lido. The steward was wrong for leaving it but it was wrong to put it out in the hallway too.

There were so many issues in general on that cruise that we just were at the point where no-we were not bussing our own trays. We were not the only people with problems and we did try to address some with the appropriate people. On our next cruise the head housekeeper cabin to say they were aware of some things that happened on the previous cruise and would everything to make things better.

Just sayin' don't judge. You don't know the situation, don't know a persons previous nonHAL cruises or hotels, don't know what a room steward told the passenger what to do.

There were so many issues in general on that cruise that we just were at the point where no-we were not bussing our own trays. We were not the only people with problems and we did try to address some with the appropriate people. On our next cruise the head housekeeper cabin to say they were aware of some things that happened on the previous cruise and would everything to make things better.

Just sayin' don't judge. You don't know the situation, don't know a persons previous nonHAL cruises or hotels, don't know what a room steward told the passenger what to do.

you are right on that and I hear you on the cruise that you had issues.

Sorry to hear that.

We've been there and done that. And HUGE issues. have not been on that HAL ship since.

But I would rather take my tray to the Lido than leave it outside. I did on that cruise and I would do it again.

I don't really see it as a big deal - on that cruise it was the least of the issues.

each to their own ;)

Hi

I always have My breakfast delivered. Just wondering if those who put your trays in hallway did you ever think someone might trip and fall over it. I think you would be responsible.

If its left over night why not put it in the bathroom. Its out of sight. You can leave it there or bring it back and put it on table in your cabin.

Mary