SW Question

runner15km

Lets say I check in the day before and have a A or B assignment. I get to the airport but left the boarding pass at home. Do you receive a new pass from the checkin rep and will I loose the A or B assignment and drop down to C.

No, you keep your spot. There's really no reason to print a boarding pass at home if you're checking a bag - you have to go to a kiosk anyways where you have the option to re-print. Even if doing carry-on only, most (all?) Southwest airports have kiosks for "Boarding Pass Only", meaning you can't check a bag there, but you also don't have to wait in line. There is also the mobile boarding pass option, which is the method I prefer for a few reasons (convenience, less paper)

Lets say I check in the day before and have a A or B assignment. I get to the airport but left the boarding pass at home. Do you receive a new pass from the checkin rep and will I loose the A or B assignment and drop down to C.

Your boarding position is set the first time you check-in. Does not matter if you reprint the boarding pass.

First time Southwest flyer..have already paid for the earlybird at time reservation was made several months ago...I won't have access to pre-print my boarding pass...and will have a bag to check in...so do I just get in line at checkin counter and give my name and or confirmation # :confused: I have an 11:50am flight out of FLL to SJU how early should I be there to checkin ?

Edited by Ashland

If anyone would like to save time and standing in line just go to the skycap at WN outside check-in. You will receive your boarding pass and bag receipts, your bags are on their way and you are ready to go- all that is left is to breeze past the loooooong line at the WN counter and head to security.:D:):cool:

If anyone would like to save time and standing in line just go to the skycap at WN outside check-in. You will receive your boarding pass and bag receipts, your bags are on their way and you are ready to go- all that is left is to breeze past the loooooong line at the WN counter and head to security.:D:):cool:

Not every airport has curbside check-in.

Does anyone know if FLL does ?...Seems like this would be quick/easy...is there any situation where you couldn't use this checkin ?

I don't recall seeing it there. Also, they sometimes will not take your bag until 2 hours before your flight. The line at departures tends to move pretty quickly. Sometimes, they set up an additional set of check-in lines downstairs. The biggest hassle at FLL is TSA, particularly if you get stuck behind passengers from Oasis or Allure.