Newbie with questions

perlgirlnj

We did book BA Economy Plus. Cannot afford Business.Paid for our seats.US AIR coming home thru Philadelphia.Not perfect but it will work.

Last year we went to Tahiti thru LA.We found that to be a nighmare.We had 1 hour to get from International to Domestic just barely made the flight and lost our early pre boarding on SW.

I am hoping Economy Plus has a little more room than economy.

We did book BA Economy Plus. Cannot afford Business.Paid for our seats.US AIR coming home thru Philadelphia.Not perfect but it will work.

Last year we went to Tahiti thru LA.We found that to be a nighmare.We had 1 hour to get from International to Domestic just barely made the flight and lost our early pre boarding on SW.

We never cut it close in LA

Either we have an evening flight and fly in very early am or we stay overnight (Marriott points if possible) at LAX for an early morning flight. Unfortunately for those of us who live in Arizona we have few choices to fly abroad direct.

We have a China trip next year. I am flying to Seattle for next to nothing to get Business Class direct flights. Doing the same for Africa -- direct flight to Joberg from IAD (Wash DC) -- southwest to DC -- cheap. Even if I were paying for flights, I would probably depart from a different hub. Flying abroad from Tucson is impossible and Phoenix is not much better.

I suggest you pay for your seat selection in advance -- $95 apiece. I wish we had

Configuration is xx xxxx xx If you do not pay you may end up like we did with two middle seats in the 4 block. Try to get the bulkhead on either two side. those are the best seats in Economy Plus on BA

Thanks.We did pay for 2 seats on the side without the bathroom. It was $120.00 I will look into Seattle next time. We tried Air Canada,LAX,etc.

This is all new to me so use to flying from the East Coast much easier.

Thanks.We did pay for 2 seats on the side without the bathroom. It was $120.00 I will look into Seattle next time. We tried Air Canada,LAX,etc.

This is all new to me so use to flying from the East Coast much easier.

Yes Pacheco , flying is the only downside to living in Tucson. No lines and quick check in at our little airport --- however few non stop flights. We used to occasionally fly out of Phoenix thinking it gave us fewer stops but that it not necessarily the case anymore. Now our usual M.O. Is fly to Houston and then on to Europe or visit family in D.C. then overseas. The flying is the worst part of any holiday but it is reassuring to know that our home away from home , Seabourn, is waiting for us after enduring air travel. Hope you enjoy your first ( and second cruise).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes Pacheco , flying is the only downside to living in Tucson. No lines and quick check in at our little airport --- however few non stop flights. We used to occasionally fly out of Phoenix thinking it gave us fewer stops but that it not necessarily the case anymore. Now our usual M.O. Is fly to Houston and then on to Europe or visit family in D.C. then overseas. The flying is the worst part of any holiday but it is reassuring to know that our home away from home , Seabourn, is waiting for us after enduring air travel. Hope you enjoy your first ( and second cruise).

Where in Tucson are you -- send me an email to address below.

We are in the foothills. I would prefer not to post my email address on this public forum. If you prefer not to post yours perhaps Host Dan ,who has kindly offered to do so in the past, will act as our go between.

We are in the foothills. I would prefer not to post my email address on this public forum. If you prefer not to post yours perhaps Host Dan ,who has kindly offered to do so in the past, will act as our go between.

So are we -- we could be neighbors

My email address is below my signature so just send me a personal email

• 2 weeks later...
Ronnie,

Look at the "Already Booked" Section of Seabourn's website. There under the section for FAQ's is the question " How Should I Pack?" The answer provided is " After 6PM attire for all venues on board will be one of the following: Elegantly casual : slacks and a jacket over a sweater or shirt for men." Tilly, obviously trying to be helpful, clearly experienced something different but that is neither the norm nor in keeping with SB's stated policy. Just bring a sport coat and then you will be safe.

Would it be okay to wear the same sport coat every night? There is nothing elegant about that! One should bring several sport coats.

Would it be okay to wear the same sport coat every night? There is nothing elegant about that! One should bring several sport coats.

Are you serious???? You should bring what you want and not what others want you to!!!!

Are you serious???? You should bring what you want and not what others want you to!!!!

wripro, I couldn't agree more. Following our Amazon cruise next year we are travelling to Maccu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands. DH will definitely not be packing more than one sport coat to schlep around....if he packs one at all!!

Partially serious and partially sarcastic. I find it somewhat amusing that people feel it is so important to wear a sport jacket, and yet wear the same one almost every night

You should bring what you want and not what others want you to!!!!

Surely the point of this thread is to give guidance to a 'newbie' as to the sort of people that travel Seabourn and their style and taste.

The comment copied above is, IMHO, no help.

Tony

Partially serious and partially sarcastic. I find it somewhat amusing that people feel it is so important to wear a sport jacket, and yet wear the same one almost every night

My DH would normally take 2 jackets, but recently we have cut down on luggage and he takes one. This is not because he thinks it important to wear one, but because that is what the restaurant requires on quite a few evenings.

As his jacket is darkish and not overly patterned I don't think anyone has noticed, and even if they have we do not let it worry us. I make up for it a bit with quite a few different tops, light and easy to pack.

And I find it somewhat amusing that you care.