Guilty pleasure, what's yours?

kerryincork

My guilty pleasure is that I love bad reviews ☺ the crazier the better. Just reading about people's reasons for giving the bad review is hilarious to me. I can't believe so many people do absolutely no research on the holiday they must have spent thousands of dollars on😞 once someone claimed that they had to physically turn on TV and it ruined their cruise! !!!

A few of them do sound like they had genuine reason to complain though.

Another reason why I love them is that they lower my own expectations of cruise so I am always realistic when I go then I have a great time.

On the whole I would take the 3 star reviews are the most balanced.

I'm with you, I love to read the really bad reviews; one star reviews are the best. I'll print them off and read them when I go out for lunch. Sometimes I breakout into laughter, because some of them are so ludicrous that I can't believe them and the really bad ones always start off with something like "we are very easy to please," but the coffee was too hot or there was a chip in the tile in the bathroom and it always ruined their entire cruise, etc.

Edited by NLH Arizona

My guilty pleasure at the moment is reading everything I can about cruises. The more information I can get, the better. What housework? What grocery shopping? Okay I'm not quite that bad, but close.

My guilty pleasure is that I love bad reviews ☺ the crazier the better. Just reading about people's reasons for giving the bad review is hilarious to me. I can't believe so many people do absolutely no research on the holiday they must have spent thousands of dollars on😞 once someone claimed that they had to physically turn on TV and it ruined their cruise! !!!

Another reason why I love them is that they lower my own expectations of cruise so I am always realistic when I go then I have a great time.

Yeah, some of the bad reviews can be pretty funny. :D

Read the one just posted about the Getaway. It will make you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking about the one person who had a bad experience with the serve so he/she is telling everyone to cancel their future cruises with NCL?

Same for me lol, though I wish people would post their age in their review because most of the complaints tend to fall in with certain age groups. complaints about loud music will go to old people or people with small kids.

First, there are some very legit issues that make for a bad experience. We have never had one in 29 cruises on many different cruise lines.

I am saddened for those whose expectations are not what was experienced.

Lynda

Oh for sure. It's like as much as we try not to let things ruin our vacation, there indeed can be things that can make for a bad experience. With the Getaway bad experience though, I was definitely sympathetic until the OP of that thread started telling others to cancel their future NCL cruises if they still can. To me, that screams arrogance as that person felt that his/her experiences speak for everyone else.

If you really like bad (crazy :rolleyes:) reviews, then you should go read the ones that get posted at consumeraffairs (dot) com.

They take "bad" to a whole new level...

Seashark,

I thought I was the only one who reads those. They are great. Most are comical and not believable. They are so much fun.

First, there are some very legit issues that make for a bad experience. We have never had one in 29 cruises on many different cruise lines.

I am saddened for those whose expectations are not what was experienced.

Lynda

Yes, there are. But when one reads a review that their daughters starved the entire cruise, even when the mom gave a recipe to the chef to make their favorite soup and he made it wrong, the only thing you can do is shake your head and laugh. That was part of a hilarious review from Celebrity.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I love bad reviews- especially when they are written by first-time posters. I also get a bit excited to see threads about tipping, smoking or any other hot-button issues. I secretly want to post about walking into the MDR with no shoes on while smoking a cigarette that I've lit using the tips I've removed from the DSC.

I saw a great thread a few weeks back. I can't remember the exact title, but the gist of it was that the poster was quitting CC. I didn't get a chance to read it (stupid job), and when I came back, it had been deleted. Broke my heart a little. :(

My guilty pleasure is that I love bad reviews [emoji5] the crazier the better. <snip!>.

Don't forget the rumor posts which are also fun. "My dentist's receptionist's adopted daughter was on the Gem last month and she heard from a guy at dinner that Cagney's was going vegetarian!"

Besides loving to read bad reviews on consumeraffairs.com or here on CC, I love to sit on my balcony, with a cup of coffee and a good book, and watch the sea.

I cruise for sea days.

It's fun to read them while eating a snack also lol

Same for me lol, though I wish people would post their age in their review because most of the complaints tend to fall in with certain age groups. complaints about loud music will go to old people or people with small kids.

heyyyyy! I have small kids, but believe ME... The music can NEVER get too loud!! We are the "cool" couple with kids.:D