MAYAN PRINCESS on West Bay info needed

mitsugirly

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES AND REVIEWS OF THIS PLACE ON HERE?? :D :p

But seriously, I can't find much about this place on here other than information that seems maybe "old" even though it's this year???

The only place I have found online so far to book this place is using Shore Excursioneer. The price is kinda outrageous. $86.99 pp for adults and $43.99 for children.

I have read previous post saying much lower prices and it has also stated that they don't not give you full run of the place or it's limited or whatever. From S.E. site it says:

What is included?

• Round trip A/C transportation from your Roatan Cruise Terminal (Coxen Hole - Port of Roatan or Mahogany Bay)
  • Use of facilities at Mayan Princess Beach Resort including swimming pool, beach, lounge chairs
  • All Inclusive Beverages (open bar) such as: Local beers (Barena, Port Royal, Salva Vida & Imperial), House Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Cocktails Margaritas Rum Runner, Tequila sunrise, Soft Drinks, Orange, Pineapple and Fruit Punch are also included to make your day at the beach complete and worry free.
  • Lunch is served buffet style at Balam the hotel main restaurant, salad bar, a la minute station, three side dishes a meat, a poultry and a seafood options is available at the buffet.

So it seems like an AI day pass with full run of the place to me. :confused:

Anyone have any thoughts on this place and is it actually worth that much? Thoughts on the food here? It says that you get lounge chairs, I'm wondering if that means on the beach and they are reserved from you or first come first serve and it's up to you to find a chair.

If anyone has any personal reviews of this place when they went and any pictures to share, that would be awesome.

Of course if there's another, cheaper way to book this place, please let me know.

Thanks in advance. :)

But seriously, I can't find much about this place on here other than information that seems maybe "old" even though it's this year???

The only place I have found online so far to book this place is using Shore Excursioneer. The price is kinda outrageous. $86.99 pp for adults and $43.99 for children.

I have read previous post saying much lower prices and it has also stated that they don't not give you full run of the place or it's limited or whatever. From S.E. site it says:

What is included?

• Round trip A/C transportation from your Roatan Cruise Terminal (Coxen Hole - Port of Roatan or Mahogany Bay)
  • Use of facilities at Mayan Princess Beach Resort including swimming pool, beach, lounge chairs
  • All Inclusive Beverages (open bar) such as: Local beers (Barena, Port Royal, Salva Vida & Imperial), House Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Cocktails Margaritas Rum Runner, Tequila sunrise, Soft Drinks, Orange, Pineapple and Fruit Punch are also included to make your day at the beach complete and worry free.
  • Lunch is served buffet style at Balam the hotel main restaurant, salad bar, a la minute station, three side dishes a meat, a poultry and a seafood options is available at the buffet.

Anyone have any thoughts on this place and is it actually worth that much? Thoughts on the food here? It says that you get lounge chairs, I'm wondering if that means on the beach and they are reserved from you or first come first serve and it's up to you to find a chair.

If anyone has any personal reviews of this place when they went and any pictures to share, that would be awesome.

Of course if there's another, cheaper way to book this place, please let me know.

I can't provide any details on this resort other than I did contact them last year and they did various packages booked direct of $10, $25 and $65pp to include different things. Transport not included. Since taxis are ridiculously expensive on Roatan, I would always go with a private driver for the day unless transport was included by the resort or facility. I can well imagine the Shore Excursioneer price is reasonable. In your case it would probably come down to the difference in charges for your child.

In reading this forum over the years the policy at Mayan Princess seems to have changed, probably depending on economy, and I do remember reading that at one time day pass visitors were not allowed to use the pool. Maybe that has changed again depending on which package you buy.

I would contact direct and find out what current prices of packages and transport are.

Mayan may be able to sort you a taxi for a fair price.

My guess is you would have to pay the taxi separately.

Guest, have you checked out this place before? What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the money to go here? I'm wondering if the reason that it's so much is because of the beautiful pool (and of course an AI that includes everything). I'm just wondering if it would be worth it, because you know me, I'll be walking down at some point to do some snorkeling. :D

Guest, have you checked out this place before? What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the money to go here? I'm wondering if the reason that it's so much is because of the beautiful pool (and of course an AI that includes everything). I'm just wondering if it would be worth it, because you know me, I'll be walking down at some point to do some snorkeling. :D

Sure, I have been in and around Mayan. It feels like it has far more beach front than any of the other proper resorts. From what I understand they own San Simon next door as well as the property to the other direction.

Have you seen this web cam? If that is where they put the cruise people you can keep track of how many ships are in port and check out how many people are around.

I think the pool the most beautiful on West Bay Beach. Were I going I would not pay for the food included price..mostly cause I would rather have the option to go else where.

I can not really comment on it being worth the price, I think such things are so very personal.

I think part of the reason for the price is to deter people from going, much like Infinity, it is a condo complex.

Ya know, you could get a taxi for a bit less to West End, then take the water taxi to West Bay.

Wait, I am confused..what price are we talking about? There seem to be several here. Ahh if we are talking about the $89.. it includes an open bar.. I can tell you plenty of people DRINK. I suggest asking Mayan about transport and their lounger/pool/potty/showers option if they have one. Then cruise the beach for food.

Edited by Guest 2000

What is included?

We stayed at Mayan Princess last year for 2 weeks and we too have a stop in Roatan on Carnival this November. The resort itself is very nice. The beach is beautiful and snorkeling is great (especially farther down the beach - so I'm told). I believe Carnival is offering this excursion for around $99 AI - I personally will not pay that. The food while we were there was less than great. When the cruise ships came they roped off a section for them, not sure if there was issues having enough seating or not. Not a lot of umbrellas either if you want a bit if shade. Also heard a few arguments with the staff and cruise ship patrons over what alcohol was included with the excursion. I would like to go back just for the familiarity, but I'm giving it a pass due to the value.

We stayed at Mayan Princess last year for 2 weeks and we too have a stop in Roatan on Carnival this November. The resort itself is very nice. The beach is beautiful and snorkeling is great (especially farther down the beach - so I'm told). I believe Carnival is offering this excursion for around $99 AI - I personally will not pay that. The food while we were there was less than great. When the cruise ships came they roped off a section for them, not sure if there was issues having enough seating or not. Not a lot of umbrellas either if you want a bit if shade. Also heard a few arguments with the staff and cruise ship patrons over what alcohol was included with the excursion. I would like to go back just for the familiarity, but I'm giving it a pass due to the value.

It does look very beautiful, but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that kind of money to go there just because they have a nice pool. We don't really "care" about the pool or whether or not where we go has one...it's just a nice added feature and something to get out of the ocean with when needed. However, not for that price. I'm probably going to have to pass as well. :(

Is there more than one pool because I believe there have been issues in the past regarding cruisers either not being allowed to use the pool, or could only use one of the pools? It seems like the excursions through Shore Excursioneer at least include swimming pool?

Is there more than one pool because I believe there have been issues in the past regarding cruisers either not being allowed to use the pool, or could only use one of the pools? It seems like the excursions through Shore Excursioneer at least include swimming pool?

There is only one long continuous pool -

I've attached a picture (not mine) from their website.

I can't understand why or how you wouldn't be allowed to use it.

Hopefully when you click on the picture and it will enlarge enough for you to see what I'm talking about.

605028607_MayanPrincesspool.jpg.551c721e742012823884254efb953dfa.jpg

We've been there twice but apparently the rules have changed. It used to be $50 day pass but food was not included. We took our own taxi there. First time, pool not included, 2nd time it was. We were given loungers in a roped off area separate from resort guests who had the best locations. Restaurant was average. It is lovely and a great location but we have switched to Banarama which is just down the beach. No pool but a better vibe for us.

Kim,

The pool is nice and the flowers are really nice. This is where we stopped in Roatan on Christophers tour so Peggy could sit around while I went snorkeling. She didn't get to use the pool since it wasn't part of the package witht the tour but the pool and flowers and all are really nice. We had lunch there and a couple beers but it will always be remember as the place Peggy was looking arouns and admiring the beach and senery and miised the steps and broke her foot.:( Would post a picture but it doesn't seem to work from facebook for me right now.

The Ump

John

We were at this Mayan Princess resort at the end of Aug. We booked scuba diving and snorkeling directly with Maya Divers, the dive op at the resort.

Before the trip, we were also considering doing zipline after the diving/snorkeling, but knew we had the option to just stay and lazy round the beach. We did not get this with any other package through Carnival, or other places.

The place was fairly nice. As was mentioned, nice pool, nice flowers, nice scenery. We also had excellent diving/snorkeling. Very healthy reef, lots of fish (more than other places we went).

Afterwards, we decided not to go for zipling, so just lazied around the beach, before getting back to ship.