NCL-you really let us down!

"JJ"

Our dream of sailing the Med from an aft balcony cabin is over! After much research on this board and many others booked almost 1 yr ahead to secure a coveted corner aft balcony, when calling to make final payment yesterday they told us we had been moved to a mid ship balcony! How they can do this after I have the written confirmation with stateroom number? Anyone else have this problem? They told me they would call me back yesterday, did not, I called again today, all rooms are booked; any CC advice? Very sad tonight.:(

Edited by "JJ"

I would certainly call them on this one!! How could they do this to you without your consent would be beyond me. If it happened to me, they'd be getting a call/letter and maybe more from my boss, who just happens to be a lawyer. Hopefully they will make things right with you. Keep us posted!!

Our dream of sailing the Med from an aft balcony cabin is over! After much research on this board and many others booked almost 1 yr ahead to secure a coveted corner aft balcony, when calling to make final payment yesterday they told us we had been moved to a mid ship balcony! How they can do this after I have the written confirmation with stateroom number? Anyone else have this problem? They told me they would call me back yesterday, did not, I called again today, all rooms are booked; any CC advice? Very sad tonight.:(

I had my aft. booking tagged "Do Not Upgrade"

You may try the Guest Relation team @ 1-866-625-1164

What's missing here? What ship and date? What did they say the reason was? Is it the same ship? Unless there is some emergency, this rarely happens. NCL is moving some ships around in Europe next year, is this part of that?

That is just WRONG! I hope NCL works this out for you. You should ask to speak to a supervisor. Please, keep us posted.

Yikes!! How on earth can NCL move your cabin without your agreement?? I would be LIVID!

Thanks biker@sea for the customer relations number--I will call them tomorrow. Both yesterday and today asked to and spoke with a "supervisor" and was told they are "checking in to it". I specifically booked this cabin on the Epic sailing May 11th, and it is listed my reservation. Assumed they could not move you unless OKd by passenger. I appreciate everyone's concern and will keep you posted. Thanks!

This is such a shame, sorry it's happened to you, OP.

Just a question though, was the cabin an HC? If not, why in the world would NCL just change your cabin...makes no sense to me...and others too. They aren't in the habit of doing this type of thing. Did you book directly with NCL or use a TA? Sorry for so many questions. Hope things work out for you.

Good luck.

Edited by B6ConMe

Thanks biker@sea for the customer relations number--I will call them tomorrow. Both yesterday and today asked to and spoke with a "supervisor" and was told they are "checking in to it". I specifically booked this cabin on the Epic sailing May 11th, and it is listed my reservation. Assumed they could not move you unless OKd by passenger. I appreciate everyone's concern and will keep you posted. Thanks!

Send an email to socialmedia@ncl.com - that goes directly to a supervisor.

They can and have given so called upgrade's with out notice. A midship mini is not an upgrade to me .

B1 to mid ship balcony is not even an upgrade. B1 is usually way more $. Glad we have a great PCC who would be on our side if this happened to us. None of the corner B1s on the Epic are HC btw. OP sorry you are having this issue.

Edited by P&Lcruising

I'm not sure what is missing here but there are corner afts still available on this cruise. I looked up May 11th Epic and both deck's 8 and 13 have corner afts still available.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Edited by tarps14

If it was me, I would be sending an email to Kevin Sheehan. His email is ksheehan@ncl.com. I believe in starting at the top with big issues.

I am sorry, I disagree. I am confident someone who is not CFO is empowered to and will do the right thing. I am not discounting the importance of this to the OP, but it should be easily corrected. If it were me I would give it a day or two before escalating. But I would be keeping excellent notes. Just in case.

In my office, myself and the other professionals take ownership of challenges that arise and handle them. I expect NCL to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry for OP's troubles but there are just too many blank spots and open questions here to make any kind of educated opinion about the matter one way or another.

Aft balcony (B1) can't be upgraded to any other balcony as it is the highest subcategory so if there has been an upgrade, it must have been to a mini-suite, not a balcony. If OP actually has been relocated to a mid-ship balcony as they say, there definitely has been a mistake made by someone.

Unfortunately after reading similar stories here, if a supervisor has been looking at it for two days, I do believe that it is time to escalate -- but the best way of doing that is to contact the social media desk, as suggested above. Going all the way to the top at this point is definitely overreacting, especially since there are reportedly B1's still available.