Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

I would choose Hampton Las Olas (it isn't really in the Las Olas area but it's very close). They have garage parking and it is downtown which is a fun place to go to get dinner. Fairfield probably has bigger suites though.

Thanks Sharon! Have you ever stayed there?

Cheryl

We're also flying into Ft. Lauderdale and leaving from Port of Miami.

I've compiled a lot of information from CruiseCritic and made a webpage for our cruise: Florida. Be sure to read the comment in red print at the top of the page.

See the section on Shuttles.

I need a hotel from April 8-11 for my cruise leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. I would prefer to stay at either the Galleria One Doubletree Suites or the Fort Lauderdale Hilton Convention Center or equivalents thereof. Is April a very busy time in Fort Lauderdale? The prices for those work for me in September or October, but are too high for me in April. Do you think they will drop a month or two out? Thanks!

I need a hotel from April 8-11 for my cruise leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. I would prefer to stay at either the Galleria One Doubletree Suites or the Fort Lauderdale Hilton Convention Center or equivalents thereof. Is April a very busy time in Fort Lauderdale? The prices for those work for me in September or October, but are too high for me in April. Do you think they will drop a month or two out? Thanks!

Prices might stay high for early April. Try LastMinuteTravel for Gallery One.

April is prime time in Florida since many schools are still having spring break. I am afraid finding a bargain hotel may be iffy. Your best bet would be a bidding site or LMT as suggested above. September & October are often the lowest times of the year due to hurricane season and the kids being back in school. Personally, I prefer early May.:)

Just booked this hotel for an overnite before March 7 cruise.. Is the area safe? Hotel ?

clean? Anything nearby as far as restaurants

Hampton Stirling Rd is a safe area. Oakwood Plaza is a short walk away and has shopping and restaurants, including Hollywood Ale House. Closer will be McDonald's, Taco Bell, Chipotle, Moonlite Diner.

Does anyone know if there is a Carnival Cruise line check in at the Fort Lauderdale Airport like there is in Miami? Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I couldn't go through 250 pages plus this new board . Thanks in advance 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know if there is a Carnival Cruise line check in at the Fort Lauderdale Airport like there is in Miami? Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I couldn't go through 250 pages plus this new board . Thanks in advance 😊

I don't think Carnival has checkin at FLL. I've never seen one and I just did a search and just came up with info about the MIA checkin service. That sounds like a great idea!

I don't think Carnival has checkin at FLL. I've never seen one and I just did a search and just came up with info about the MIA checkin service. That sounds like a great idea!

Thank you. We're picking up friends from the Miami airport and the Fort Lauderdale airport. We're going to check in at Miami if we can, and I was hoping to have the other couple check in at Fll😔

Hello! I'm looking to take a fast free cruise on the NCL Sky (I got a BOGO offer.)

It looks like the best fares for our flights are on SW, so I'd fly into FLL after midnight Sunday to catch our Monday cruise.

Since we are arriving so late, and not really enjoying a hotel, any recommendations on

1) the hotel - get one near the airport with free shuttle?

2) how to get down to Port of Miami in the morning?

3) How to get back to FLL on Friday?

4) I can book either a 12:30 flight or a 5:00pm. Is there enough time to get off the ship, through customs, get to FLL, and thru security for a 12ish flight? Or are we better off being the last ones off the ship, meandering around somewhere, and catching the 5pm? If so, doing what, with suitcases in tow.

5) Is the $200-300 I'll save on flights into FLL going to get chewed up getting back and forth to POM? Am I better off just paying more for MIA flights?

Help! I'm beginning to think I'm better off just skipping my "free" cruise!

I am curious how much a taxi would cost to get to the Oakwood area near the Cambria Suites? We are travelling with our two little boys so I don't know that walking is an option!! Thanks!

Maybe $5...it's right down the street...it's a huge plaza so it's best to ask to be dropped off exactly where you want.

Hello! I'm looking to take a fast free cruise on the NCL Sky (I got a BOGO offer.)

It looks like the best fares for our flights are on SW, so I'd fly into FLL after midnight Sunday to catch our Monday cruise.

Since we are arriving so late, and not really enjoying a hotel, any recommendations on

1) the hotel - get one near the airport with free shuttle?

2) how to get down to Port of Miami in the morning?

3) How to get back to FLL on Friday?

4) I can book either a 12:30 flight or a 5:00pm. Is there enough time to get off the ship, through customs, get to FLL, and thru security for a 12ish flight? Or are we better off being the last ones off the ship, meandering around somewhere, and catching the 5pm? If so, doing what, with suitcases in tow.

5) Is the $200-300 I'll save on flights into FLL going to get chewed up getting back and forth to POM? Am I better off just paying more for MIA flights?

Help! I'm beginning to think I'm better off just skipping my "free" cruise!

1) Holiday Inn Express Convention Center has a free 24 hr shuttle. Most hotel shuttles don't run that late. You can get to airport area hotels for $10-20 by taxi.

2) SAS transportation charges $15 pp for shared ride shuttles. They only pick up from airport area hotels (see list http://www.ridesas.com/html/area_hotels.html).

3) same as above

4) The best way to get on that 12:30 flight is to do early self-disembarkation if NCL offers that, and then take a taxi to FLL (about $80). You could rent a car and take the later flight and spend the day touring with your suitcases in the trunk. Or take SAS to FLL, store your luggage at the airport, and take a taxi downtown for about $20 per taxi for a fun day out.

5) that all depends on the plan you are able to put together. If the hotels cost the same in both cities and if you use SAS, you'll do good.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th. Having a total of 5 adults, 6 kids. Should we pre-arrange transportation to hotel from the airport, and to the port from the hotel? Should we just split up and take taxis?

HIE has free airport shuttle. Take 2 taxis to the port for less than $30 for the 5 of you.

• 2 weeks later...