Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

Is Hyatt Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel the same thing as Hyatt Place? Any word on how good their Trio Suites are? There will be 4 or 5 of us staying in the room for the night and their 2 bedroom suite with a pull out couch seemed like a good deal at $339.00 (We'll be going just before Christmas)

Any comments?

Thanks in advance!

We booked Hyatt Place Airport & Cruise Terminal for $72 on Priceline under their Express Seals for 12-12-14. You might want to try Priceline.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Staying two nights pre cruise Oct 11-13 @ Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. What is best way to Rustic Inn? Can I take water taxi? Any other not to miss things anyone can suggest?

The best way to Rustic Inn from Hilton Marina is by taxi. Water Taxi will not take you there. You could take the water taxi up the river and back and then stop at 15th St Fisheries for dinner. It's close to your hotel by water. The downstairs dining is on the dock and very casual like Rustic Inn.

You could book up Hyatt Place on ValueTrips as soon as they post their 2016 rates. They exclude a lot of dates though. For Feb 2015 it's only $182/night.

Also try Holiday Inn Express...the best one is on SE 17th St. If you can get a good rate, Embassy Suites and Renaissance are also nice.

Thank you for this information. I will see what I can find.

How long does it usually take to hear from Valuetrips? The site says 2 business days. I filled out the form 6 business days ago. I sent a follow up email last Friday and I still haven't heard anything. I did check my spam folder.

We filled out the form last Thurs. and heard from them this morning. So, 3 business days for us.

We are staying at the Doubletree in Deerfield Beach. We will have a rental car. My plan is to drive to the rental car location on 17th street, turn in the car, then take their shuttle over to the ship.

How long should I expect the drive from Deerfield Beach to 17th Street to take ? Embarkation is on a Monday, so I expect there might even be rush hour traffic to contend with ?

Edited by Barsnikel

We are staying at the Doubletree in Deerfield Beach. We will have a rental car. My plan is to drive to the rental car location on 17th street, turn in the car, then take their shuttle over to the ship.

How long should I expect the drive from Deerfield Beach to 17th Street to take ? Embarkation is on a Monday, so I expect there might even be rush hour traffic to contend with ?

Wait until after 9:30 to leave, and the traffic won't be bad. The hotel is near I95 so it won't take too long, about 35 minutes.

Has anyone stayed here? What is nearby as far as stores and restaurants?

A friend stayed there on our most recent cruise and she had no problems with it. She said it was clean, friendly, had a restaurant and bar, a shuttle both ways, and breakfast. She Sid it wasn't fancy, but good for overnight.

Cheryl

We are planning to stay at the Bahai Mar a couple of days before our cruise.

Has anyone stayed there? Will we be close to the Water Taxi and restaurants?

Any info regarding the area would be appreciated.

Thanks;)

Hello,

We have three rooms booked at GalleryOne for 4/23/14-4/25/14 before we leave on our cruise. There will be 6 adults plus a 4 year old and a 10 month old. None of us have been to Fort Lauderdale before. We are flying from the West Coast so will not be getting in until dinner time Thursday night. Please help us with things to do close by that can accommodate children.

I am thinking for Friday we will have all day so spending time at the pool and then in the afternoon/evening taking the water taxi around and ultimately ending up in Las Olas area for dinner. - Is this what sounds best for us? Also, any recommendations for a fun/relaxing/kid friendly place for dinner for Friday night. How does the river taxi work? How much does it cost?

Does anyone know how much the buffet breakfast is at Galleryone?

Transportation Question- How many people (each person with a suitcase) fit in a taxi? Any taxi vans? Aproximately how much is a taxi from FLL to GalleryoOne and then GalleryOne to Port Everglades? There will be 4 adults, the baby and one child going from FLL to GalleryOne upon arrival however all 6 adults, the baby and one child going from Galleryone to the Port. Are taxis our best option? I'm guessing we will need two taxis from the hotel to the port maybe even for FLL to the hotel if they do not have van taxis. OR do you think a private van/car service would be better?

Is there somewhere walking distance from the hotel to purchase wine?

Does anyone have a time they recommend leaving the hotel for the Port? We are departing Saturday 4/25 on Royal Caribbean Oasis.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Amber

We are planning to stay at the Bahai Mar a couple of days before our cruise.

Has anyone stayed there? Will we be close to the Water Taxi and restaurants?

Any info regarding the area would be appreciated.

Thanks;)

Bahia Mar is about 2 blocks from the water taxi stop and 2 blocks from Oasis and Bahia Cabana restaurants. There are a lot more restaurants if you keep walking north.

Hello,

We have three rooms booked at GalleryOne for 4/23/14-4/25/14 before we leave on our cruise. There will be 6 adults plus a 4 year old and a 10 month old. None of us have been to Fort Lauderdale before. We are flying from the West Coast so will not be getting in until dinner time Thursday night. Please help us with things to do close by that can accommodate children.

I am thinking for Friday we will have all day so spending time at the pool and then in the afternoon/evening taking the water taxi around and ultimately ending up in Las Olas area for dinner. - Is this what sounds best for us? Also, any recommendations for a fun/relaxing/kid friendly place for dinner for Friday night. How does the river taxi work? How much does it cost?

Does anyone know how much the buffet breakfast is at Galleryone?

Transportation Question- How many people (each person with a suitcase) fit in a taxi? Any taxi vans? Aproximately how much is a taxi from FLL to GalleryoOne and then GalleryOne to Port Everglades? There will be 4 adults, the baby and one child going from FLL to GalleryOne upon arrival however all 6 adults, the baby and one child going from Galleryone to the Port. Are taxis our best option? I'm guessing we will need two taxis from the hotel to the port maybe even for FLL to the hotel if they do not have van taxis. OR do you think a private van/car service would be better?

Is there somewhere walking distance from the hotel to purchase wine?

Does anyone have a time they recommend leaving the hotel for the Port? We are departing Saturday 4/25 on Royal Caribbean Oasis.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Amber

The most kid friendly restaurant on Las Olas is Cheesecake Factory. It's more of an adult area. The Water Taxi has a website where you can check current prices. I think adults are now $22 for an all-day ticket. Children cost less, and there is a reduced rate after a certain time of day. It takes about 3 hrs to stay on for the whole route and return to your hotel. Taxi from FLL is about $25; taxi to port is about $20. This is usually the most economical option, even if you have to take 2 taxis. Taxi phone no: 954-777-7777. You can purchase wine across the street at Publix. I would leave for the port around 11.

Thanks so much for the suggestion of the Embassy on 17th. Very nice hotel, great breakfast, and I don't miss free internet because I pick it up on my balcony. I used travel pony and am happy with the price. So much around here. Signed up for Duffys restaurant card and food between 2-4 is 40 percent off. It reminds me of Panera Bread.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for the suggestion of the Embassy on 17th. Very nice hotel, great breakfast, and I don't miss free internet because I pick it up on my balcony. I used travel pony and am happy with the price. So much around here. Signed up for Duffys restaurant card and food between 2-4 is 40 percent off. It reminds me of Panera Bread.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Have a great time! I'm not sure of the comparison between Duffy's and Panera though.

Hi: Any suggestions for a reasonable hotel ($ 100 or so, hopefully) that offers both airport and cruise pier transfers. My DH will be taking his scooter -- I have already posted on the "Disabled" thread, as well. This would be for 1 or 2 nites in late Jan. 2015. Thanks. :)

Rodeway Inn would probably be the cheapest safe hotel that has free shuttles both ways. Your expectations of low prices in January needs to double. Sleep Inn also has low rates; they have free airport shuttle and port shuttles for a nomimal fee.

Edited by royalcruz

Have a great time! I'm not sure of the comparison between Duffy's and Panera though.

I was thinking the same thing. Isn't Duffy's a Sportsbar that serves

food?

Panera's? Nothing sports related at all....the menu is salads/sandwiches

and of course bagels and pastries:D...and coffees and teas:)

I was thinking the same thing. Isn't Duffy's a Sportsbar that serves

food?

Panera's? Nothing sports related at all....the menu is salads/sandwiches

and of course bagels and pastries:D...and coffees and teas:)

Well, the good thing is that both Duffy's and Panera Bread are on 17th St! :D