Culinary Classes

pete_coach

I just returned from the Riviera, I was able to get into a culinary class on stand by.

It was from 4-6pm. I knew no one else I. The class so was partnered with a stranger but still had a wonderful time and learned a few valuable tips, sampled some delicious foods and got great recipes.

We had at least a sampling of everything that was cooked and when the lesson was over she gave us the opportunity to call a guest up to sample what was left. I thought the class was a blast and will definitely take another one on my next cruise.

Thanks for that. Sounds like a good time and that is what it is all about.

We took three classes on the Riviera last week. The chef was a great teacher, as well as a skilled and experienced chef, Annie Copps of Boston. A very positive person and great communicator. The curriculum was well structured to cover a lot of material in a short period of time and give each participant success. We'll definitely use some of the new recipes in the coming months, including a very good paella. Well worth the $$$.

Last year on Lisbon-CapeTown they offered a two day boot camp. I didn't do it but was tempted.

The three of us did a class and while it was fun I decided against the boot camp. Our daughter was cruising with us and since she lives in Africa and we don't see her a lot, I opted to spend the time with her.

As I recall it was $600. The people who did it really liked it. I think it was a step up from the regular classes. It was something new, not planned ahead. No idea if it's ever been repeated.

We spoke to the chef at Baristas after the first day and he was very enthusiastic. Definitely an event for longer cruises with lots of sea days.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you watch a class without participating/paying? Or is the space only big enough for the people cooking?

There was a viewing gallary originally built into the space, but they no longer allow non-participants into the room.

I'm told that there were conduct issues.........:eek:

I have to agree that watching through the glass from outside wouldn't do it for me!!

It's a pity that some previous "auditors" were disruptive, which ruined it for everyone else. I myself would prefer to audit the class simply because many of the items they prepare are things I already make myself. Besides, their rules for participants made it clear to me that I probably shouldn't attend. I won't go into the details!!

Mura

Since you asked ...

I happen to have allergies that have nothing to do with illness, but they don't want anyone sneezing, etc. Which makes sense.

Beyond that, when I eat anything (or am in cold weather), my nose tends to ... er, I think you get the drift!

Therefore I concluded that I really should not participate, especially with a stranger!

Mura

Since you asked ...

Beyond that, when I eat anything (or am in cold weather), my nose tends to ... er, I think you get the drift!

Mura

Mura,

You did just fine when we had tea on the Marina and I would have tea with you again anytime :D

Since you asked ...

I happen to have allergies that have nothing to do with illness, but they don't want anyone sneezing, etc. Which makes sense.

Therefore I concluded that I really should not participate, especially with a stranger!

Mura

I guess that makes sense then

I have the same problem eating spicy food ... the nose runs

I keep trying to take one of the classes but life keeps getting in the way ;)

Mura,

You did just fine when we had tea on the Marina and I would have tea with you again anytime :D

Thanks, Paul!! I appreciate that.

And we'd love to see the two of you again as well. Maybe in another 10 or 20 years?????????

M

:D

I can see where it sounded like that! I just meant that after so many years of corresponding here we'd never met in person before!!

I'd love to see you both again on our next cruise!!

Mura